It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jung on the afterlife

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
At this time of the year many of us contemplate such questions more, the uncertainty over
the biggest certainty of life, death! Jung is someone i have studied a bit about and in truth
he opened me up to a more spiritual way of thinking, Jungs work is predominantly focused
on the unconscious and things still deemed paranormal. He has been regarded as prophetic
in that he made many predictions of future events through interpreting his and his patients
dreams, and his first published work was a study on a 15 year old girl who claimed regular
communications with the spirits of the dead.

Jung explored the depths of his unconscious using a process he called active imagination, spent
years in trance states and the things he experienced was documented and published in his
work, especially "The red book" which was published almost 50 years after his death..

www.theguardian.com...
[quote]He experienced a succession of episodes during which he vividly encountered the rich and disturbing fantasies of his unconscious. He made a record of what he saw when he descended into this underworld, a record published in 2009 as The Red Book. It is like an illuminated manuscript, a cross between Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Jungs NDE is also another fascinating account of a possible world hereafter...
www.near-death.com...
interesting on Jungs thoughts when he learned he had to return to life and to his physical body,

"Now I must return to 'the box system' again."

for me Jungs words and experiences still present an uncertainty of what comes next or if there is a God.
Jung seems sure of the God question though, maybe knowing creates that which is known, who knows
but this short clip does warm your cockles...

All the best!

edit on 23-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding us about Carl C.G. Jung, one of the greatest sages of the age. I discovered Jung in high school, about forty years ago. I still view him as a personal mentor, as much as any living human I ever met.

One thing he did in his life that I'll never have a chance -- and a smart move it was -- was to marry a very wealthy woman when he was still young. Unlike Freud, his sometime mentor, Jung never had to worry much about making money with his profession. The fabulous wealth Jung enjoyed freed him to move in directions that the more businesslike Freud could never explore. Jung was a free-wheeling aristocrat of the soul, whereas Freud, in that realm, was ambitious bourgeoisie.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Yeah Freud was stubborn, i forgot about those details myself, and it explains maybe why Freud didn't want to go against own ideas that were perhaps his bread and butter, even though some of ideas were clearly wrong, Jung saw the importance of childhood experiences in shaping the person, the more traumatic the experience the more maleable the shape, if you like.
..Or the more complex the character.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Great thread! I've been a Jungian for some time. You can see his philosophies in the thinking of Einstein and other great scientists. You'll also see Einstein's philosophies in Jung! And in more modern times, Terrence McKenna and Jordan Peterson.

McKenna described a wonderful philosophy that was based in Jung's experience. McKenna said that his own intellectual process was highly disciplined, and it demanded that he think like a scientist. Sobriety and detachment. Non-emotion.
It's all matter and energy at the foundation. Yet when you look at the whole of the universe, and our reality, it's truly much, much more. It's like a painting or a musical symphony. All the interplay of the components produce infinitely more than just the parts. Can it even be described by science?

Jung and Einstein

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

You reminded me of something when you mentioned symphony, i remember a quantum physicist describing the universe one vibrating symphony and that this was new understanding, i remember thinking "new" but it has always been called the uni verse.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The greatest minds embrace the mysticism, the dogmatic scientists just dismiss it as "woo" or "new age".

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You mean "After THIS Life"? There are some meditations that One can do to see further down/up the time spiral. If there is indeed an "AfterLife" wouldn't it just be NAMED (Thanks Lao Tzu) something else? I mean, doesn't that read ''singular'? Instead of the " " (Infinity)

We are Circles, never ending, working Our way back from whence We came, The One Infinite Creator (Hunab Ku) and by the 'time' We get back, We won't give 2 squirts because We will have finally made it "Back Home"...

"I Am..." Anything after this is up to debate...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Happy Naming Day Jesus The Chris†... (Who woulda thunk J was deep into The Tao???)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

just before i seen this message i was watching this video about
Mantak Chia: Techniques to Activate The Second Brain
synchronicity or what..
think im gonna make his teachings my new year resolution

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

just before i seen this message i was watching this video about
Mantak Chia: Techniques to Activate The Second Brain
synchronicity or what..
think im gonna make his teachings my new year resolution

Just when I thought I had it ALLLLLLL figured out.... Thanks A Lot

On another note, I will have a fun new endeavor to work on in 2019!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Read this and see if You don't notice something "askew" I don't want to pre-load Y'all w/a bias, but it mentions 'synchronicity'.

www.sunfell.com...

Clue: This is #2 The original was authored just before 010100. The second was for 12212012.

Enjoy Your trip and see You 'on the other side' (see: Bell's Theorem)

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

WTF
Not only a lot if that is happening to me,
I'm seeing patterns in everything with numbers.
This is by last bag o weed
It has ti be.
much synchronicity
Another sleepless night?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I suggest You chronicle Your dreams; those are actually Your 'instructions' and You can actually turn it around and start "manifesting" Whatever it is You want, We are in a 'shared reality' . You are a "creator" working Your way back to The One Infinite Creator. My Cannabis is medicinal and all, so... You know.

When it does get around to bedtime, either run a 432mhz + Meditation video OR Imagine YourSelf what it is You really want (a lot of folks go for $$$ and then they end up w/even more problems) I flipped the finger at $$$ about 9 years ago and now I'll have more than I'll ever NEED.

That last 2 or 3 min. before REM sleep is important; tomorrow's bedtime- begin the 'dream' where You last remember it. Ever so often, REFRESH until You develop it.

Seems simple huh?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Knowledge of the afterlife comes to those who wait.

(Couldn't resist : )

edit on 23-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: one little typo : (

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

did you love the littlest hobo and quantum leap??

just curious!

new topics

top topics

join