It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter to the Public,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am German who is democratically speaking dreaming of modern Suisse. They get to vote about everything. As German that's a very distant dream. No party ever rallied for an exit from the EU. With a masterplan.
We don't know where Germany really stands on many important policies.
If a liberal party like FDP would suddenly start to radically democratise the process. Or at least demands for it to be done.
Always let the people decide.
Let's discuss some important issues. Questions which really impact society.
The legalisation of Marijuana.
Immigration.
Our definitions of what's a mental illness and what is "circumstancial".
How we want to live and what we really need to enjoy the ride.
What is reality? To figure that out is nothing you do on the side.
Everything you encounter is your reality experience.
We decide what flavour it has for each one of us individually.
People in the "west" are advanced smart individuals.
While what I see in the "east" is some backwards bad indoctrination.
Childhood in China is no joke. You better perform well.
That's not a model I like.
I value freedom, even it makes things so much more complicated.
But since it starts with me, I swear I will look at the full individual story.
Which means I will never judge anybody.
It frees up a few ressources.
I use them to think outside the box.
I am probably crazy, a beggar, a thief ... so what?
I have high moral standards. I am smart. I am independent.
Ask me and let my own decision be my fate.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The convenience of being too convenient in life is what will destroy mankind. Those that retain the basic survival skills of the jungle, the river and the desert will live.
Warning: Please do not become too convenient with your life style depending on those that work to make it happen, that will creep upon you like a poison slug.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

so remove all objectivity...?!

let mental health professionals decide what mental illnesses are,

let theoretical physicists decide what reality is

immigration is a global issue. our species are nomadic by nature. its how we were able to outlive all other hominids.
we can't just say, tough luck to the ones living in fault lines (recent Indonesian tsunami, lack of vegetation in sub saharan countries etc...) we would have been extinct without migration.

start voting for policies instead of individuals; infact make the policy makers anonymous and let people vote on the policies. i bet many would be surprised that they voted for the "other " party...

what you're proposing is going to take an 'Evolution'; not another 'Revolution '.

if revolutions worked, we'd be living in a paradise by now, or have a single war that solved every problem.

we need to go back to ancient Greek philosophy ethos if we really want to move forward.
Rome and everything it brought along was the decrepitude of the human race.

....but i take your point.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
For those of you reading this, just look at your children, can they survive because you pampered them to a softness of weakness. That is your politicians wet dream.

The convenience of being too convenient in life is what will destroy mankind. Those that retain the basic survival skills of the jungle, the river and the desert will live.
Warning: Please do not become too convenient with your life style depending on those that work to make it happen, that will creep upon you like a poison slug.

top topics

join