It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how its possible?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: james1947

hacked.com...

phys.org...

www.scientificamerican.com...

There you go.

Thank you...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I understand the difference between parallel universes and higher dimensions, still subscribe to both notions.

Put it this way, you can have many dimensions (pick a number?) in a single universe. Or you can have multiple universes, and maybe even universes without dimensions.

Mate, there are plenty of CERN scientists, and respected members of our scientific communities that entertain Multiverse theory, plenty of astronomers and cosmologists also.

Google is your friend there, I'm not doing the homework for you, as I'm a little sloshed myself.

If you have a better explanation like i said, I'm all ears.
edit on 29-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It came up with such names as Brian Greene (?) Haha is that not just a pretty face for discovery channel?
Anyhoo it's pretty simple:
Beneath it all everything is just information. Consciousness carrying bits of information. It's not matter it's not really energy, it's self-observing information.
Okay maybe it's not that simple...
Problem 1: the double slit experiment, the wave collapses with an observer
Problem 2: the Higgs
Problem 3: superstitious sub-particles
Problem 4: faster than light has already been kind of observed (entangled particles / spooky action)
The photon is still big enough to carry mass in motion, that's why it's limited by c.
But there are things faster and smaller than a photon, which exist in almost all of spacetime simultaneously or outside of it, untangled by spacetime.
Spacetime only applies to you if you're as big as or bigger as a photon. Qbits are smaller, the Higgs, is smaller, Strings or whatever are smaller, ergo they're faster than c and what we call superposition is just they being not bound by spacetime.
If you want to go with dimension than it's really the explanation of stranger things.
I can't quite explain it yet but I'm working on it. And will come back once I have it.

edit on 29-12-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

"The photon is still big enough to carry mass in motion, that's why it's limited by c.
But there are things faster and smaller than a photon, which exist in almost all of spacetime simultaneously or outside of it, untangled by spacetime.
Spacetime only Applied to you if you're as big as or bigger as a photon. Qbits are smaller, the Higgs, is smaller, Strings or whatever are smaller, ergo they're faster than c and what we call superposition is just they being not bound by spacetime."

It's an interesting take on the matter, as things do indeed jump in and out of existence all the time. Aside from the Qbits
part as a qubit is simply the basic unit of quantum information. A quantum version of the classical binary bit, physically realised with a two-state device.

"I can't quite explain it yet but I'm working on it. And will come back once I have it."

Look forward to reading your thoughts on the matter should you ever come to a conclusion.

Good luck with that through, as it just hurts my head after a while, or maybe puggles is more apt of a description.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

the high strangeness i mean

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I don't know of course, but I think the high strangeness is in big parts magic. What is magic? Focused thought energy. I had scars on my wrist so I'm pretty sure I was abducted but all the really weird things went on in the experience of my own little story. The brain is amazing. It fills in the blanks when we blink.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

"The brain is amazing. It fills in the blanks when we blink."

Do you imagine it affords us a modicum of free will or is life, reality or at least our perception of such, deterministic?

Where do you stand on free will versus predestination?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Oh that's a tough one. I don't know. On a bigger scale it would seem things are determined. Personally I know I always have a choice. Everything is connected. The fundamental interconnectedness of all things. But how it's all influencing eachother and everything is so incredibly complex I think it's imagineable we just think we have free will while we're steered in reality. Steered to make the "right" choices. Accumulating to the important events on a global historical scale.

Do you know the timewave zero from McKenna? I believe he was right just wrong on the details. It's really difficult.
What do you think?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I know its a cop out, but where freewill versus predestination in concerned, i'm on the fence, or more like the edge of a razor considering the diametric opposition they would seem to have to one another.

Neuroscience has pretty much established through, that we do not possess free will, in the manner we imagine.

The above short video raises some rather interesting queries on the subject.

The author is/was a member here at ATS, or so I'm lead to believe.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

thats pretty similar to IDH actually

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join