It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay kids, do Christian artists HAVE to draw same-sex material

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What would you like Lys to draw for you?

edit:
oh wait i'm not christian... damn it

okay I'll draw religious stuff for monies too.

edit on 23-12-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Behavior? What's the behavior here, planning a wedding? Looking for a tasteful wedding invitation with pretty calligraphy?

You tell me if all we are talking about pretty invitation cards..

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Unable to complete the job on the schedule requested. Refund check in the mail. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why aren't we talking about pretty wedding invitations? That's their business. It's what they do. Why is a pretty wedding invitation specialty shop, that doesn't indicate any religious affiliation or creed, exempt from the law every other public business has to acknowledge?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Having followed these kinds of stories the following can be stated:

While having religion is a person issue and one that is fundamental to some, but not to others, this is going to the extreme on both sides. Having read these kinds of court cases, and looking at the issues, there is one question that is being danced around time and time again, and the courts will ultimate have to answer:

Whose belief holds weight in these kinds of cases, those providing the service, or those seeking service? Would those women who are looking at possibly jail time, would they be ok, if the shoe was on the other foot? Where they wanted service and was denied, cause they were not a man, or where just being there was an affront to a persons deeply held religious belief, such as someone who is Muslim, or Judaic, or even Christian?

In the US, it is a diverse place, with both people, cultures and religions. The problem thus likes, would it be acceptable for say a person who is Muslim, to deny service to say a person who is Jewish? Or say a person, who is an evangelical to deny services to a single mother, or a divorcee? Or say a Buddhist to deny services to a person who is eating meat?

Many religions have restrictions, and prohibitions, but to use that as an excuse not to provide service is the basis and start of discrimination.

These very arguments were used during the days during and after the civil rights era, to try to continue discriminating, against people, all cause a text stated such, was wrong then and it still is.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is becoming ridicules and stupid.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Do islamic artists HAVE TO paint same sex marriage art?

I would imagine that EVERY person who condemns the Christian artist/baker/whatever for refusing to draw/bake/whatever would openly defend the muslim artist/baker/whatever for refusing the EXACT same thing!

Me? I believe ALL religions are equally deserving of ridicule and should be shunned as ridiculous hangovers from our less-enlightened past.

But, what’s good for goose man. What’s good for the goose.

So you think that religios people should be shunned like these Christians shun gays
Oh the people on ats are a parody of themselves

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Why aren't we talking about pretty wedding invitations? That's their business. It's what they do. Why is a pretty wedding invitation specialty shop, that doesn't indicate any religious affiliation or creed, exempt from the law every other public business has to acknowledge?

Seems like the title says "draw same sex material" I don't think we are talking about flowers.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Isn't the question even more basic than this? First of all, WHY do you have to incorporate to begin with?

People are so afraid of what COULD happen to them personally if they don't separate their own work from themselves (liability) by incorporating that I wonder how many people really even NEED to start a company.

Of course the government would like you to start one, so they can tax it.

But I believe many or most small businesses could get away without incorporating.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But soooooo many leftists here on ATS were good with restaurants not serving conservatives, soooo many are good with Twitter/YouTube/Facebook censoring, I just wonder if the hypocrites will show up and "reee" all over my thread?

For the record, if you serve the public, like any bakery, restaurant, website, you have to factor in public accomodation and serve the public.

In my opinion.

I agree with you on this. Conservatives that run businesses that serve the public should NOT be able to discriminate against gays or blacks or women or whatever. Liberals should not be able to discriminate based on political beliefs.

Some conservatives want to go so far as to allow healthcare workers to deny assistance to gays or lesbians or transgender folks. Some conservatives want government workers to have the right to refuse services like issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, which I think is immoral as well. A gas station or restaurant should NOT be able to deny service based on political beliefs, sexual orientation, or anything like that. This is more of an attempt to control the population than it is to exercise freedom of speech.

However, when it comes to artwork, I can see the argument behind letting people create what they want. I am a musician, should I be forced to write songs about topics I don't agree with? I mean, I could see that if I was offering services to the public and was writing songs for others, not myself. But I still can see the issue.

Does my view sound reasonable to you guys?
edit on 23amSun, 23 Dec 2018 01:26:44 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23amSun, 23 Dec 2018 01:28:54 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
A person asks a job to be done. The business asks what kind of job/specifics. The business politely declines. The customer politely walks away. Why make this hard?

People like the OP talk the talk but don't walk the walk, they feign freedom of speech and rights, they claim to be for freedom so long as it aligns with their view of it, , even worse is they are happy for government to do the infringing, that way they dont get their hands dirty and can claim it wasn't their bidding.
edit on 23-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Seems like the title says "draw same sex material" I don't think we are talking about flowers.

Get to the point then. What DO you think we are talking about.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Stop. This is #ing stupid. That's it. Just stop

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

If Google, or Amazon, or whomever, large or small, decided to do such, sure I might not like it, but it is their right to do so.

I've said nothing like I agree with their stance...or anyone else's, for that matter. In point of fact, I don't. And?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Using Christian business owners to push gay rights or gay optics is as backward as having a counter protest to Anthem kneeling or BLM shadowing by Blue lives.

People can say what they will, no one should be forced to do something they are uncomfortable with.

A minority of Jerk Gay people are out to punish their ideological opposites. That's childish and deserves to be met by just the type of monster they feel that they are facing off against.

How about you people stay out of the news and you try still feeling relevant in silence.

edit on 12 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

They are artists and I presume have their own 'free will'? They can do what they want IMO, it's their minds and body, not anyone else's, just like that community of people can't force others to accept what they do but it's their own private business. Why do they feel the need to be forcing their ways of life onto others? I've asked this question many times here on ATS but I'm usually met with 'you're a bigot' reply.

Just go back into the shadows... the World was a better place when you were in the shadows

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

But on the converse, people all the time say that business is heartless and has no other purpose than greed. Here you have people who do, indeed, operate their business on principles other than just mere greed, and when it conflicts with what a person wants, it suddenly becomes wrong.

Whose belief holds weight in these kinds of cases, those providing the service, or those seeking service? Would those women who are looking at possibly jail time, would they be ok, if the shoe was on the other foot? Where they wanted service and was denied, cause they were not a man, or where just being there was an affront to a persons deeply held religious belief, such as someone who is Muslim, or Judaic, or even Christian?

In the US, it is a diverse place, with both people, cultures and religions. The problem thus likes, would it be acceptable for say a person who is Muslim, to deny service to say a person who is Jewish? Or say a person, who is an evangelical to deny services to a single mother, or a divorcee? Or say a Buddhist to deny services to a person who is eating meat?

You were doing pretty good up til this point.

And you are spot on, but then you road right off the rails implying that it is wrong for people to hold beliefs if they conflict. You point at religion, but you have to understand that *all* people hold beliefs. Look at the current state of college campuses and politically correct orthodoxy there. If you don't think the right way, those campuses are a hostile environment for you.

Why do we not have any trouble with what happens to students who disagree? Why no animus for professors who enforce ideology and call it fact?

Those conflicts are every bit as troubling, lead to discrimination every bit as much, but they apparently don't cause as much concern for you as religious belief?! Perhaps the real problem here was that government inserted and continues to insert itself in such a way that it can be used as a weapon against something that was and has always been understood in different ways for different groups of people. Now we all are fighting over being able to hold to our own ways of understanding and believing in that thing because it is tied to morality.

No. This is not like slavery or anti-miscegenation. Those were always men and woman, and I don't care what transpeople say about gender.
edit on 23-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Due to a prior commitment,I am staying neutral.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
1. Businesses have the right and do discriminate all the time to whom they do business. Is called T&C. If Google or Facebook or ATS for that matter thinks that my speech is offensive they can refuse me their services in a blink of the eye, and everybody admits that they are within their rights. If these women would put in their business name "Art for Christian Weddings" that would be their T&C right there and nobody can force them work for non-christian people, or offer services that offend the christian religion. There are a lot of businesses who work with men only, or women only, a type a car only and so on. Or with some religion only.

2.Is the government and governmental institutions who should not discriminate on base of race, sex, religion, ideology and so on, since they are a "public service" and should be impartial towards all people. No matter what. Private people owing private businesses have beliefs and religions and ideology and should not discriminate either unless their freedom of religion or speech or whatever conviction is infringed. That of course should be proved to avoid abuse.
Defining a private business as a public service is just not right. It denies them the right to have any personal criteria by which they will run their business.

3.How about people who expect others to respect their life choices (in this case sexual orientations) to return the same courtesy instead of forcing everyone to bow down to theirs? What is wrong with accepting that your way of life may offend somebody else and let it live as he please just like you want to live as you please? Same people who feel offended by hearing "Merry Christmas" and run to safe spaces but never take in account that religion might be as important to somebody else as their pathetic little feelings. Hello?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

There's a reason why I bring this up.

There was such a cry of "public accommodation" and discrimination over the case of the baker that refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

But there's been a change. Ever since social media platforms have been censoring conservative voices, ever since restaurants have been kicking out conservatives, the tone has changed to, "It's a private business, they can do whatever they want".

It's been an interesting phenomena, just looking back at old threads.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join