It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay kids, do Christian artists HAVE to draw same-sex material

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Maybe they are in the wrong business. I hear women make the best snipers. Maybe they should change professions.

I thought you accidentally posted in the wrong thread, but now after thinking it through... I'm not sure?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Forget these ladies, I need to re-examine my calligraphy skills!

Check out the prices they are charging:
invitation suites - starting at $1500

I used to be really good at it! I'm going to open my own shop, I'll put whatever name you want
Ken & Ken, Barbie & Barie, Binary & Undecided, Akihiko Kondo & Hologram, Amanda Teague & Pirate Ghost

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

what utter twaddle

to use your butcher analogy :

please sacrifice a chicken and a lamb - ok

please sacrifice 2 chickens - head explodes

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Oh your right! Wrong thread! Sorry!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Why don't these Homosexual Holy Warriors ever try this with Muslims?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No shirt. No shoes. No service.

It's their business to run. No one else's. If they choose to serve only a certain segment of society, or not to, it's their business.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What part of their religion says they can’t make art for gay people? I think they are just being dicks. Are they referencing the Old Testament rules about killing gay people? Are these people old testament jews? They should just do the art, or quit pretending that their religion is peaceful.
edit on 22-12-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what utter twaddle

to use your butcher analogy :

please sacrifice a chicken and a lamb - ok

please sacrifice 2 chickens - head explodes

No, you display your ignorance of the analogy.

Pigs are unclean and forbidden in Islamic law. You and I may be perfectly fine with eating pork, and sure, you could go through the motions of butchering the pig in the same manner as one would go about butchering a lamb to make the lamb halal. There is a special manner the lamb must be killed and there are prayers that must be said.

You could go through the motions with the pig, I'm sure. But that won't make it ceremonially clean for a Muslim to eat or touch, no matter how much you or I might declare it halal.

And to force a Muslim to do it for us would be to compel them to commit sacrilege. It would be deep cruelty and disrespect on our part, extremely callous and uncaring and selfish.

The same thing occurs when you compel a religious person who believes that marriage only takes place between one man and one women to take part in a union of two people of the same sex, and more than just Christians believe in this, so pay attention. You compel them to more or less commit sacrilege, like the you would the butcher, for your own selfish desires. It is that they object to more than the union itself.

Most of us actually don't care so much what you're doing in your own lives. We only ask you to extend us the same courtesy. Not everyone believes that marriage is the same thing you do.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

😂 Good question

The answer is because the Muslims would have all sorts of backing from the gov.
It’s a hypocritical world.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Carcharadon

😂 Good question

The answer is because the Muslims would have all sorts of backing from the gov.
It’s a hypocritical world.

That and the enemy of my enemy is my friend until he starts chucking me of the tops of buildings in this country.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Lumenari

I am a supporter of public accommodation. I got “taught” during the bakery episode.

If you serve the public, then you serve the public.

So every business serves the public?

What about legal brothels in Las Vegas? Does that business serve the public? And if so, do the women have the right to refuse to serve certain clients?

edit on 22-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And to force a Muslim to do it for us would be to compel them to commit sacrilege. It would be deep cruelty and disrespect on our part, extremely callous and uncaring and selfish.

www.foxnews.com...

Minneapolis-based Target Corp. has offered the cashiers the option of wearing gloves, shifting to other positions or transferring to other stores.

In one dispute, some Muslim cab drivers who serve Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport refuse to take passengers who are carrying alcohol. The Metropolitan Airports Commission is expected to vote in April on a proposal that would hand out 30-day license suspensions to cabbies who refuse service for any reason.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

a reply to: Lumenari

I am a supporter of public accommodation. I got “taught” during the bakery episode.

If you serve the public, then you serve the public.

So every business serves the public?
No, not really. If you have customers by appointment only, or do not offer public access, then you do not need to accomodate the public. Lot’s of businesses work like that. Including mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Two Female Christian Artists Could Be JAILED For Not Creating Art For Same-Sex Weddings

Two female Christian artists in Arizona who refuse to make custom-art for same sex weddings could actually be jailed for sticking to their religious beliefs.
Joanna Duka and Breanna Koski , who own Brush & Nib Studio, make custom artwork using painting, calligraphy and handlettering. They filed suit against the city of Phoenix, as a Phoenix city ordinance threatens them with up to six months and/or a fine of $2,500 each day they refuse to make the artwork. First the women filed in state court to overturn the ordinance, but lost in a court of appeals, prompting them to appeal to the state’s Supreme Court, which said on November 20 it would hear the case.

www.dailywire.com...

Tch. Five pages and nobody looked up additional information?

The statue was there BEFORE the two set up their business. They have not actually been approached to do anything by any gay person.

The lawsuit claimed that the city’s nondiscrimination ordinance, which includes sexual orientation and gender identity, was a theoretical violation of the business owner's’ religious freedom.

Nobody's threatening them with jail time.

Lawsuits like this are unique, because the plaintiffs did not deny service to a same-sex couple, but instead sought the legal protection to theoretically do so in the future.

So they haven't been sued, but they want to sue others so they can discriminate in case someone who they consider to be Very Icky wants some art.

The judge denied their claim. But it's not like they couldn't run their business from elsewhere. They have pages on both Facebook and Etsy -- and those of you into heavy bits of irony will notice that both of these websites have anti-discrimination polices that Brush & Nib HAD to agree to in order to put their pages on those sites.

So that inconsistency indicates that they've got another motive with this lawsuit and that they don't actually have a problem with "no discrimination" policies.

Source: (one of many sources)

edit on 22-12-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It's their business to run. No one else's. If they choose to serve only a certain segment of society, or not to, it's their business.

Can google decide to not offer their products to gay people?

To black people?

To trump supporters?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Where I draw the distinction is in who owns the business.

If these cabbies work for an employer, then it is the employer who makes the rules they work by. If the butcher in my example works for himself or for an employer who had set up a halal butcher shop, then you know going in what to expect and the rules of the game there.

Masterpiece Cake Shop was known to be operated by a Christian and by certain Christian principals. The man wouldn't make Halloween cakes, for example. The Greens who own and operate Hobby Lobby keep Sundays as a sabbath. Everyone knows about Chik-fil-A.

If you work for someplace like Hobby Lobby or Chik-fil-A, then you know what you're getting into. You work by the rules of those games. If you own your own business, then you should be free to operate by your own principles within reason, and any employees you have should understand that your rules are part of the agreement they enter into when they accept employment with you. If they cannot accept it, then they are free to terminate their employment.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Can google decide to not offer business to gay people?

Why not? Most social media freely decides to oust conservatives at the drop of a hat these days for simply being conservative.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Can google decide to not offer business to gay people?

Why not? Most social media freely decides to oust conservatives at the drop of a hat these days for simply being conservative.
That is a little different. You have to sign an agreement before you can use those services, and they are technically not refusing them service based on their political beliefs. Supposedly

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JAGStorm

Where I draw the distinction is in who owns the business.

If these cabbies work for an employer, then it is the employer who makes the rules they work by. If the butcher in my example works for himself or for an employer who had set up a halal butcher shop, then you know going in what to expect and the rules of the game there.

Masterpiece Cake Shop was known to be operated by a Christian and by certain Christian principals. The man wouldn't make Halloween cakes, for example. The Greens who own and operate Hobby Lobby keep Sundays as a sabbath. Everyone knows about Chik-fil-A.

If you work for someplace like Hobby Lobby or Chik-fil-A, then you know what you're getting into. You work by the rules of those games. If you own your own business, then you should be free to operate by your own principles within reason, and any employees you have should understand that your rules are part of the agreement they enter into when they accept employment with you. If they cannot accept it, then they are free to terminate their employment.
Can hobby lobby decide to prohibit gays from purchasing in their store? How about black people?

There are laws about this stuff folks.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

So it's feasible their motivation was some free advertising...

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join