It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay kids, do Christian artists HAVE to draw same-sex material

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Many skeptics of Christianity claim George Washington was a Freemason and not at all a Christian whilst many Christians claim the opposite.

Truth is the Mans dead so who really knows.

He did, however, inherit ten slaves at the age of eleven years old, and by the time of his death owned 317 slaves, hardly an endorsement in this day of age really, but it's not like he was the only Man on the planet to have done so, unfortunately.
edit on 27-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

but then you wouldn't get you 15 minutes so you could scream >reeeeeeeeee>

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For the record, if you serve the public, like any bakery, restaurant, website, you have to factor in public accomodation and serve the public.

Bah. This is about freedom, pure and simple.

If I don't have the freedom to choose who I do or do not do business with, then I do not have any freedom.

There is a huge difference between refusing to sell a pack of gum to someone in a retail store because you don't like their looks - and personally, I believe that any business owner has (or should have) that Right - and refusing to do custom art work for someone else depicting scenes or images that you don't like.

Sorry, I'd tell them all to pound sand.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So if a business didn’t want to serve thems colored folk, you’d support their decision.

I absolutely would support it. It is their business/life, not yours.

The reality is, you cannot legislate morality, or prejudice.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I own a small business. I serve all types. Their money all spends equally the same. If you run a public business, you need to serve that public,regardless of your religious beliefs one way of the other.

What is a 'public business'?

I run a private business (meaning, it is mine, it is not publicly traded, nor publicly owned), and I run it the way I want, and if I want to refuse to serve someone for any reason whatsoever, that is my Right.

If you believe otherwise, you are an intolerant, megalomaniacal petty-dictator-wanna-be.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: soundguy
I own a small business. I serve all types. Their money all spends equally the same. If you run a public business, you need to serve that public,regardless of your religious beliefs one way of the other.

What is a 'public business'?

I run a private business (meaning, it is mine, it is not publicly traded, nor publicly owned), and I run it the way I want, and if I want to refuse to serve someone for any reason whatsoever, that is my Right.

Yes but do you offer a free lunch to go with your services?

Maybe some Continental breakfasty type thing with hot water for tea?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Private company/citizens can pick and choose whatever the hell they want to do.

Works for Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Only doesn't work when applied to Christians.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
Yes but do you offer a free lunch to go with your services?

Maybe some Continental breakfasty type thing with hot water for tea?

Only for people that I really like...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: DBCowboy

Private company/citizens can pick and choose whatever the hell they want to do.

Works for Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Only doesn't work when applied to Christians.

Google et.al. are not private companies, sorry.

Pretending Corporations are real people and have the same Rights as real people is one of the bigger problems this country has.

Corporations are creatures of the law/state, and (should) only have those privileges as extended by their creators, and these should be extended only in-so-far as they server the best interests of the people as a whole.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join