It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay kids, do Christian artists HAVE to draw same-sex material

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ima go to a halal butcher ask for a pound of bacon and raise he'll when I don't get it and see if the media runs with it.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You know whats funny...The Danes are enforcing that Citizenship ceremonies are solemnized with a hand shake as part of normal custom. Now some Danish will go to any lengths to betray their own kind. They rationalize it by saying it forces body contact. ( but really they don't want to be seen as the enforcers of a National law )

www.sbs.com.au...

many mayors who conduct citizenship ceremonies said they would find ways to avoid it

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Why should you even need Government permission and/or incorporation to begin with. By being born into a The State I had no choice to denounce my ownership by the State ( I was numbered like Chattel, I mean Cattle ) at Birth.

I am then given many licenses to carry on behaviours that are Natural and come under Common Law. A right to use the road, taxes to own land, permits to create noise. My taxes paid for the infrastructure but because Governments want more revenue they privatize and my service goes downhill, and I now have to pay tolls or supply charges monthly. At the age of 20 I was assured I would have a pension at 60; now that age has ballooned out to 67. I cant disconnect my electricity meter even if I generate my own power.

The more I look into "Law" I see it is a farce enforced by those of privelege who would want to tax the air I breathe if they could. They make the Laws they say who will be a judge or a Barrister. If I want justice or access to courts I need bottomless pockets. See how that works.....hmmm

sdcigarpig stated:

court cases, and looking at the issues, there is one question that is being danced around time and time again, and the courts will ultimate have to answer:

Whose belief holds weight in these kinds of cases, those providing the service, or those seeking service?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: visitedbythem

A Bible thumper that likes to constantly post pictures of their weapons, really there is no red flags being raised at all, sincerely...

Protecting your family is wise and prudent.

The Bible is also known as the Word

In the beginning was the Word,
And the Word was with God,
And the Word was God,
And the Word was made Flesh
And tented among us.

The Bible offers Hope

I want you to remember one thing: Hope, not fear, is what we need
edit on 24-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Serving the public doesn’t mean being enslaved to the public.

Why do businesses discriminate towards people that cannot pay for basic services.

See where this is going.......
edit on 24-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

But you obviously dont have a problem with Professors encouraging students to shout down Peterson and threaten his livelihood? Then they run away to their Uni provided "safe space".

Are these teachers being "professional" or pushing their bias onto their students? lets be honest here.

www.insidehighered.com...
'Hijacking a Fundamental Right'

Shouting down of a controversial speaker -- a professor who opposes the use of gender-neutral pronouns -- at McMaster University raises new concerns about academic freedom.

But you obviously have no problem with Peterson losing his academic freedom.

Didn't the rise of the Brownshirts in Germany prior to WW2 start with the Uni's and academia.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManufacturedDissent

Not saying I'm against homosexuals, I just don't understand why somebody would want to force a business to do something against their beliefs. I understand public accommodation but, come on, why make a small mom and pops shop do this?

You want to know why? These same people are happy in shutting down a small business through legal blackmail/costs and with total oblivion the same day walk into walmart or Apple and buy a cheap shirt or expensive IPhone that uses child labour manufactured in China or Samoa. They don't mind as long as they get a cheap deal.

Hypocrites know how to pick their easy targets.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
If I don't like someone for whatever reason I'll either say I'm too busy with work or quote some ridiculous price for the job.
Funny as # when people go for the high quote, I'll do it then, money talks lol.
I reserve the right to refuse to contract with someone for whatever reason I wish, anything less than that is being a slave.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

It's not my solution. It's the law, both of man and of God. No one has the right to my labor, just as no one has the right to yours. We both trade our labor freely for things we need. No power can make us trade our labor for things we do not want or in ways we do not want.

When the country was founded, some people were forced to do just that. They were brought to American against their will and forced to do whatever their owners decided. They had no choice. They could not quit, they could not go elsewhere, and they could not leave. They were given food and shelter, but no freedom to say no, I will not do that.

You may have heard of it. It was called "slavery". We fought a war that ended it.

Today, if someone wants food and shelter, they must do as others want. They cannot refuse. Sure, they get food and shelter, or at least green paper to pay for it, but they have no freedom to say no, I will not do that.

Today we call it "public accommodation."

Different name, same thing. Control others. Make others do as you want them to do.

Ironically, since religion has been brought up: when God created man, He gave him dominion over the world... the plants, the animals, the insect, the birds... He went down the list, specifying exactly what man would have dominion over. I've read that section over and over in my Bible, and I keep finding the same thing: It would have been so much easier and less confusing for God to simple say "let him have dominion over everything on the planet." So why didn't He? Because man does not have dominion over everything on the planet... he is lacking one thing that God did not give man dominion over, the one thing man craves dominion over above all else.

Each other.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A Bible thumper that likes to constantly post pictures of their weapons

Dude, you really need to attend a few Sunday School lessons before you speak to what's in the lessons. That sentence makes no sense at all. You don't understand the religion.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Such a cynic! And because some are hypocrites, we all are and therefore, none of us should have the right to actually practice our faith?

Thanks but no thanks. I live my faith. I truly do. Not saying I never sin. We all do, but I don't flagrantly defy the rules and then claim I am infinitely forgiven like so many.

The percentages are about the same on both side of good people and those who one might see as hypocrites due to their actions. I'm not practicing and I have a good marriage for 20 years, I have friends that are in church every Sunday and more that have had divorces, as example. I feel the religious are not much better over all, it just they can wipe away their sins when they do sin...

BTW you do not need to be religious to be a hypocrite from your actions.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If they did not use Religion as an excuse, then your argument would be valid. However, since religion was brought up, as an excuse to deny services, then the door is opened up and should be discussed as to the points I brought up.

If we go by prior court cases, then Religious bias is not an excuse to refuse service. The owner of the Heart of Atlanta hotel, found out, in that court case, that went up to the US Supreme court, and we can have no doubt about his belief or faith.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

But that is exactly what is happening. Kim Davis ring a bell?

These kinds of cases are not new, it is a replay of what has happened before, where one group, using religion to deny service to those who are seeking goods and services. And continues to happen, with the newest "boogie man", all in the name of fear or worse, outright bigotry.

Cases like this, this question should be asked and answers given by the court, to get on record, if religion is going to be used as an excuse as a reason to deny service.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lets put this in a way to bring this to a realistic light:

You have a rural town. They have a doctor, a grocer, fast food place, and various handy men present. The nearest place that would provide those same services are 40 to 50 miles away. Now is it right that a roofer, a private contractor, to refuse service to another person, who lives in the same town, services cause it offends the roofer?

Or, what if it is a national company, one that provides a unique service, that the public wants. Would it be acceptable for that company to deny its service to another on those same grounds?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Here's a question I haven't seen anyone address!

If the service provider is Muslim, say, a Muslim baker, or artist, and they refuse service to a LGBT wedding..........do they get censured, or is that allowed......on what, religious grounds, or because they're members of a protected class?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Haha, you obviously never lived in a small town in the Baptist Bible belt.

Yea, if your not a member of the First Baptist Church of Smallville, you may well get service, but it'll be late and you'll pay twice the going rate for it.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I've seen enough to know I don't like it, I spent my childhood in an English boarding school that forced us to go to long sermons every Sunday, reading the kids names up on the walls during assembly that died at war after going to the school, the military choppers landing on the ovals, and lastly my sister who runs her own church and is a right wing conservative Christian.
edit on 24-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

There's a big difference between protection and projection....

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No, you don't. I never said you did, but we all have our reasons for why we do or don't do things. Some of us do things through our faith though, and one of the freedoms we are guaranteed is to practice and follow that faith freely.

You understand history well enough to know why this is, right?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

If they did not use Religion as an excuse, then your argument would be valid. However, since religion was brought up, as an excuse to deny services, then the door is opened up and should be discussed as to the points I brought up.

If we go by prior court cases, then Religious bias is not an excuse to refuse service. The owner of the Heart of Atlanta hotel, found out, in that court case, that went up to the US Supreme court, and we can have no doubt about his belief or faith.

Why is religion special? It is just as illegal to discriminate based on religion as it is one orientation, not only that, but I am further guaranteed by the 1st Amendment the right to practice my religion freely and without government interference.

If my religion says that I may not participate in thing that is not a marriage but claims to be and claims to be equal to a God-sanctioned marriage because that is sacrilegious (mockery of the sacred) and thus a grave sin on my part, then for the government to compel me to take part is a violation of my free exercise and for the government to hold that my refusal is out of animus is clear discrimination against religion in favor of orientation.

In other words, the government is upholding the marriage beliefs of the one group over another in a discriminatory manner in such a way as to cause persons to violate their faith, and not just Christian persons.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join