It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay kids, do Christian artists HAVE to draw same-sex material

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Two Female Christian Artists Could Be JAILED For Not Creating Art For Same-Sex Weddings

Two female Christian artists in Arizona who refuse to make custom-art for same sex weddings could actually be jailed for sticking to their religious beliefs.
Joanna Duka and Breanna Koski , who own Brush & Nib Studio, make custom artwork using painting, calligraphy and handlettering. They filed suit against the city of Phoenix, as a Phoenix city ordinance threatens them with up to six months and/or a fine of $2,500 each day they refuse to make the artwork. First the women filed in state court to overturn the ordinance, but lost in a court of appeals, prompting them to appeal to the state’s Supreme Court, which said on November 20 it would hear the case.

www.dailywire.com...

Now remember, public accomodation. So I think they do.

But soooooo many leftists here on ATS were good with restaurants not serving conservatives, soooo many are good with Twitter/YouTube/Facebook censoring, I just wonder if the hypocrites will show up and "reee" all over my thread?

For the record, if you serve the public, like any bakery, restaurant, website, you have to factor in public accomodation and serve the public.

In my opinion.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, they ARE Christian.

1/3 of the ultimate evil trinity of the left, White Christian Male.

So yea... they are toast.

Welcome to your friendly tolerant PC culture.

Edited to add...

For the record, if you serve the public, like any bakery, restaurant, website, you have to factor in public accomodation and serve the public.

I think that entirely wrong.

If it is my property and my business I should have the right to do what I want.

After all, do I have to let people I disagree with into my house if I don't want them there?

What certain criteria do I HAVE to follow, on my own property?
edit on 22-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In the city where I live ( in Canada) a restaurant, lounge, or bar can refuse service to anyone they want, for whatever reason.

I say if that’s the case, a business should be allowed the same privilege.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Normally I agree with ya but not here man.

And here is why. If a company in any industry decides to not serve a certain type of customer for whatever reason. Then that is a right they have. Just like if a restaurant doesn’t want to serve someone of any color then go for it. Let them lose business idc. It is not a good business strategy and I won’t use said business from now on. Just like how I don’t use Facebook or shop at Walmart.
But that is obviously just my opinion.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If a company doesn't want my business, for whatever reason....

I would simply find a different company to spend my money at.

But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
If a company doesn't want my business, for whatever reason....

I would simply find a different company to spend my money at.

But that's just me.

True, but I'm going to assume that you currently are not a big part of the War on Christians.

And for the record, not a Christian here.

Just pointing out the obvious slant the left has on anyone Christian.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So if a business didn’t want to serve thems colored folk, you’d support their decision.

edit on 22-12-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I support that they have that right. I do not support that decision just as much as I don’t waste my time or money on stupid people or stupid business decisions.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So if a business didn’t want to serve thems colored folk, you’d support their decision.

Entirely.

Because that's the point of a free market.

Keep in mind, if I knew that then I wouldn't spend my money there either... and let the marketplace sort it out.

Odd to see you have this opinion on business and be such a staunch supporter of free speech.

Basically the same thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So you are against “public accommodation “ laws.

Why?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I am a supporter of public accommodation. I got “taught” during the bakery episode.

If you serve the public, then you serve the public.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Why?

Yup

Because those are just “The Man” trying to control our life.......dude

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Why?

Yup

Interesting.

So you support the Christian baker as well?

And I thought you were the liberal. Guess I am.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Why?

Yup

Interesting.

So you support the Christian baker as well?

And I thought you were the liberal. Guess I am.

Yup

And watch it man! Them be fightin words

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Whelp, they specialize in wedding invitations. So, they're no different than a bakery that does wedding cakes refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding. Only these ladies are refusing to make wedding invitations for gay weddings.

It's the same old argument that has already be ruled on as a public accommodation, although they're trying to claim their artistic expression should be exempt from the law, based on their religious repulsion to their clients sexuality.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Two Female Christian Artists Could Be JAILED For Not Creating Art For Same-Sex Weddings

Two female Christian artists in Arizona who refuse to make custom-art for same sex weddings could actually be jailed for sticking to their religious beliefs.
Joanna Duka and Breanna Koski , who own Brush & Nib Studio, make custom artwork using painting, calligraphy and handlettering. They filed suit against the city of Phoenix, as a Phoenix city ordinance threatens them with up to six months and/or a fine of $2,500 each day they refuse to make the artwork. First the women filed in state court to overturn the ordinance, but lost in a court of appeals, prompting them to appeal to the state’s Supreme Court, which said on November 20 it would hear the case.

www.dailywire.com...

Now remember, public accomodation. So I think they do.

But soooooo many leftists here on ATS were good with restaurants not serving conservatives, soooo many are good with Twitter/YouTube/Facebook censoring, I just wonder if the hypocrites will show up and "reee" all over my thread?

In my opinion.

I would create the art, in the artist vision of what that art looked like. It would be vulgar, but it was created.

You can't force someone to do something.

Religious views are different from real life views and I do believe it is protected under the first amendment.

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Initially I was also for the baker, then a much smarter member than I schooled me pretty darned well.

It’s why I like this site so much.

I learn.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Whelp, they specialize in wedding invitations. So, they're no different than a bakery that does wedding cakes refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding. Only these ladies are refusing to make wedding invitations for gay weddings.

It's the same old argument that has already be ruled on as a public accommodation, although they're trying to claim their artistic expression should be exempt from the law, based on their religious repulsion to their clients sexuality.

I agree with you.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Do islamic artists HAVE TO paint same sex marriage art?

I would imagine that EVERY person who condemns the Christian artist/baker/whatever for refusing to draw/bake/whatever would openly defend the muslim artist/baker/whatever for refusing the EXACT same thing!

Me? I believe ALL religions are equally deserving of ridicule and should be shunned as ridiculous hangovers from our less-enlightened past.

But, what’s good for goose man. What’s good for the goose.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Think if it this way, I'd support their decision to make a bad decision.
Everyone would know that they are racists. Anyone that continues to shop there could be looked upon as being racist as well.
I think it would work itself out with no need for laws forcing people to not be what they are, which is a total racist. Let them feel free to freely act like the racist that they are, so we will all know that they are racist. The world would collectively change a lot faster than if there was a "law" or something.

Also, Twitter is a platform designed for people to bitch about things and give their two cents. So, do they have the right to ban certain people who's view points they don't like?

I say, let the racists expose themselves so we will all know that that person is suffering from some kind of mental disability and we can walk around them and keep going.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join