It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making America great again Juul Employees Getting a $1.3M Bonus. Each

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I remember the days employers would give large Xmas bonuses to all of their employees.

!500 hundred employees at the e-cigarette/vape company JUUL are going to get 1.3 million $$ xmas bonuses on average ,each.

How about that for making America Great Again? MAGA MAGA MAGA.

Now if only Beezos would do the same .

But go figure one of Trumps, biggest richest critics is the greediest of them all.

www.newser.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
God bless them.. a merry Christmas indeed for them!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
wont they all quit?
I think id quit.
1.3 million is quitting money.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
wont they all quit?
I think id quit.

Dunno about you, but I think I would hang around for the next Christmas bonus...

To JUUL, Kudos!!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That is over a half billion dollars... What??? I was not aware an e-cig company could even make that much in a year, let alone afford to give that much away. I agree with another poster that it seems to me there will be no more employees. Quiting money.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Or they become the industry's best employees.

edit on 12 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Or they become the industries best employees.

A lot of people will miss that point.

The other point being that $1.3 million, although an epic Christmas bonus, isn't exactly quitting money anymore.

Unless you are not thinking more than 10 years down the road...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The country’s largest e-cigarette maker Juul Labs continued its astronomical rise from startup to vaping behemoth by finalizing the terms of its latest deal with Big Tobacco firm Altria Group (MO).

The $12.8 billion deal, which Altria announced Thursday morning, is slated to give the maker of Marlboro a 35% stake in Juul, valuing the less than two-year-old vaping company at $38 billion.

Yahoo Finance

This is why the bonus, probably. The deal was made this month.

edit on 22-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
That is over a half billion dollars... What??? I was not aware an e-cig company could even make that much in a year, let alone afford to give that much away. I agree with another poster that it seems to me there will be no more employees. Quiting money.

The vape epidemic with school kids is epic. They are available, with nicotine juices, online to ANYBODY. This is where the money is coming from mostly.

Many of the vape outlets do not check ages if they have not been mandated by state laws, and even then.... Nicotine is Nicotine.
The vape epidemic also has cartridges that fil all these machines with THC Oil. The States that legalized MJ have this to deal with, since it is odorless, kids have it and they would have to search kids to ferret it out. A lot of the income comes from the vape devices alone.

The bonuses are impressive. But let us not fool ourselves into thinking that the cigarette giants have gone away... They switched technology.
edit on 22-12-2018 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That is over a half billion dollars... What??? I was not aware an e-cig company could even make that much in a year, let alone afford to give that much away.

Altria just bought a 35% stake in Juul, I think for over $10 billion.

Basically, their bonuses came thanks to Phillip Morris' parent company buying in. Not so much an example of MAGA-led profits as it is an example of moolah via acquisition.

Edit: Lumenari beat me to it, lol
edit on 12/22/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

Only if you're very careful or already old or a proven genius investor. First of all, you won't net a million. Second, let's pretend you are 30 and quit. How long will a million last you? At $50K per year that's 20 years. A million at today's interest rates isn't enough to live off that. So you turn 50 and that million is gone. Now you're too old to find a job and you have no work history. Best thing you could do is keep working and invest carefully in something like real estate that appreciates.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I imagine they’ll stick around for next years bonus.

And the next year after that.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The country’s largest e-cigarette maker Juul Labs continued its astronomical rise from startup to vaping behemoth by finalizing the terms of its latest deal with Big Tobacco firm Altria Group (MO).

The $12.8 billion deal, which Altria announced Thursday morning, is slated to give the maker of Marlboro a 35% stake in Juul, valuing the less than two-year-old vaping company at $38 billion.

Yahoo Finance

This is why the bonus, probably. The deal was made this month.

Ahh I see now. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am apparently, in the wrong line of work.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Quickly grabs calculator....

500 out of a population of 325000000

Is this that 1% club we often here about

As that works to about 0.0002 when rounded up

Hope they are actual people and not the lizards that frequent that club

Rich getting Richer?
edit on 22-12-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Haha..so that's what those kids were talking about.

"Everybody is Juuling at our school"

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

What, selling drugs to kids?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yes.
edit on 12 22 2018 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: caterpillage

What, selling drugs to kids?

In all fairness, when I was a kid, any time you wanted to get a pack of smokes, there was someone to buy them for you, or even the corner store clerks would sell them to you, if you knew them.

Instead of trying to stop all those that would like to take advantage of kids, with our new social media system, the education has to come from us, directly to our kids. No threats, just logic and experience.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow, seems like the vaping companies are reeling in the dough. I tried vaping a few times, it's not the buzz I am looking for. I prefer smoking a little of more natural pipe tobacco, I would like to grow some myself and dry the leaves. But the deer would be stopping by for a chew every day and probably be spitting all over the yard and stepping on a chew bare foot is gross.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join