It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israel Blames Syria for Tel Aviv Blast and Freezes Transfer of Palestinian Towns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Israel has blamed Syria for the recent Tel Aviva Blast that killed 4 and injured scores of civilians. Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz has reported that in the coming days Israel will go on a diplomatic offensive against Syria and her militant factions within. This new development has created friction for the upcoming withdrawl of Israeli settlers from Palestinian areas and has frozen the transfer of control that began after the Feb. 8 Cease-Fire.

Israel Blames Syria for Bombing
Freezing Transfer of Palestinian Control
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz blamed Syria on Saturday for a suicide bombing that killed four Israelis in Tel Aviv, and Israel's Army Radio reported that he also froze plans to hand over security responsibilities in the West Bank to the Palestinians.

Israeli security officials also said they may resume assassinations of the leaders of the militant Islamic Jihad group, which claimed responsibility Saturday for the bombing. The officials said on condition of anonymity that the recent cease-fire forged with the Palestinians no longer applies to Islamic Jihad, which has links to Syria.

A resumption of Israel's targeted killings of wanted militants, which Israel recently agreed to halt, would likely mean the end of the cease-fire declared by the Israeli and Palestinian leaders at a Feb. 8 summit in Egypt.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What is a diplomatic offensive. Will it resemble lobbying in Washington for the total destruction of Israel's northern neighbor. Mofaz has said that in the face of terrorism they cannot move on with their plans for peace, including the proposed withdrawl after the Feb. 8 cease-fire.

I find this totally dangerous for the whole region and with all the recent events surrounding Syria and Lebanon I think there is something deeper and sinister going on that we do not know about.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Al lot of incidents are all happening in usa-israel-iran-syria merry-go-round the last weeks ... It is really hard to tell who is staging what and setting up who because all have their motives and hidden agenda's....

Syria is catching a lot of flak though for all these happenings, while they certainly have plausible motives, there are equally plausible motives for staging setups by the other camp...

Anyway, in the short term , the future of Lebanon seems at stake, maybe even the syrians will really part from it , to fend off invasion pre-text.

While I applaud a democratic Lebanon, I just can't shake the feeling that Syria isn''t just all goofing up by itselve, somebody may be helping Syria with getting bad PR.

anyways, Hamas has denied responsibillity and while I may not like them, I believe them, because they always have clearly stated if and why they opposed ceasfires and agreements of PA with Israeli government in the past...

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would rule out hard-core right wing Israeli Nationalists. They could have done something to disrupt the evacuation of settlements they strongly oppose. I guess I am saying it could have been the Israelis themselves. I just don't see now as a good time for Syria to escalate anything themselves, they already have enough on their plate.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I find so strange that just no far away for some compromised between Israel and Palestine a "Terrorist Attack" happened in Tel- Aviv.

To much coincidence to just let go, I smell something fishy in everything that is going on right now with Syria, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine.

Is like a never ending story, but with a twist.

And OOPS I remember a while back when Israelis "radicals" used to instigate and cause a lot of trouble, but I quite don't remember when was the last time that something done by them was in the public and Israeli goverment took actions against them.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I made a grave error, I said I would rule out...but I meant I wouldn't rule out right wing hard-core Israeli nationalists... I hope you caught that.

I've been hearing they've been roaring up a storm in Israel, where assassination is a wide spread topic in the news and public. Like when Rabin was assassinated by the right wing nationalists... There has been few reports of their subversive activites against the Israeli public to bolster support against the Palestinians in effort to keep rigid control over the territories...

Fishy Fishy Fishy, I agree Marg

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
interesting to note that Syria denies involvement, but Islamic Jihad claims responsibility after initially denying it.
Syria Denies Israeli Charges It Had a Role in Tel Aviv Suicide Bombing

The Syrian denial was issued quickly after Israel's defense minister said Damascus and a Palestinian militant group based in Syria, Islamic Jihad, were behind the suicide attack.

Islamic Jihad confirmed in a statement posted on its Web site that its military wing carried out the attack on the Stage nightclub. A purported official from the group's Damascus-based office, speaking from Lebanon, told The Associated Press that Islamic Jihad was responsible.

The group had initially denied responsibility in the attack.

A Syrian Foreign Ministry official, speaking to reporters on condition of anonymity, said Syria "had nothing to do with the Tel Aviv operation and that this (Islamic Jihad) movement's office is closed in Syria."

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I knew it OOPS I remember that Israeli does have terrorist groups that act against Palestinian interest and even Israelis also.

That is what I wonder if some of the terrorist acts are done to instigate bad blood after all and stop negotiations, but not by Islamic radical groups but by Israeli terrorist cells.

We need to research on this.

You know first Syria is blame for the bombing of a Lebanese leader, and then now for Tel-Aviv but all alone they are denying both incidents.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Seems like a quick coverup to de-escalate the situation don't you think? If it was proven it was Syria now then we would have a deeper situation where Syria is directly linked with the 'terrorists' because they took the blow for Syria...Hmm...let's see what happens in the next 24 hours!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It never fails. Just when you think someone might start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, someone goes and messes it up. But this is not new. They have been fighting over there for 2000 yrs. I guess the whole region is going to hell in a handbasket. I tell ya' when god comes back he's going to be really pissed-off.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons why the United States shouldn't even be involved with those thugs -- Syrians, Iraqis, Israelis, Persians, lebanese, Kurds, and most especially, the Saudis who are the malevolent hicks of the entire region.

Regardless of what the United States does, they're all going to either kill each other off or come to some sort of understanding. I'm glad that Saddam is gone, and that Hosni Mubrak is beginning to see the light, and would love to see Assad of Syrua and his clients in Lebanon all hanging from the nearest lamppost. But that should be at the hands of their ownpeople, not us.

We Americans have no national interests in the area except the unpleasant fact that we're addicted to Near East oil; if we get serious about alternative energy and wean ourselves from the hydrocarbon heroin, we can let the entire bunch of crazies over there do whatever they want to each other.

Maybe that's the main reason I'm a geo-green.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, but if we let them kill eachother they'll kill Israel and for rapture to be fufilled evangalicals and agnostics can't let that happen...yet...it will but just not till the third temple yada yada yada.......................

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Israel Blames Syria for Tel Aviv Blast

I think that what goes unmentioned or unnoticed is that the rope is slowly but increasingly getting tighter around the neck of the Saudi Royal Family.

Hezbollah (Iran) has recently raised the amount of cash reward paid to families for those that surrender to the will of Allah and devout and commit themselves to acts of suicide bombings. Islamic Jihad (Syria), though agreeing to abide by the ceasefire/truce, is growing increasingly restless. And the pressure on Syria and Assad continues to mount.

The terrorist act that took place was a mistake and Israel freezing the withdrawal of Israeli settlements from the Gaza Strip and part of the northern West Bank, is but proof.

This article may also be valid to this discussion?
Palestinians Angry Over Tel Aviv Attack

Even the Palestinians, as a whole, grow weary of these terrorist organizations and groups that continue to thwart any real attempts at a lasting ceasefire and eventual peace.

seekerof

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i bet syria did kill harari and tried to blame israel but got caught then they did this to reignite conflict but got caught again, this all started when israel/palestinians began negotiations, notice that? it benefits syria, think about it, if it had worked they wouldve had an excuse to send more troops to 'protect' lebanon, caused a terrorism wave and pissed off the US, france and the muslim world even more.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Occurs the Palestinians should be worry and tired, first they got Arafat out of their backs, then they finally get to have a somewhat organized government, and now when finally things start to look better, they get sabotage.

I guess is not justice for some countries in the middle east.

top topics

join