It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the shutdown going to hurt Trump or the Deep State?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: soundguy
Trump. But don’t look for the deplorables to be upset with him, they are lost souls headed for damnation.a reply to: Aallanon

You lil badass keyboard warrior you.

You're everything that people hate about todays liberals rolled into one. Since you and your infinite wisdom seem to have it all figured out for the rest of us, please continue telling everyone how F'd up we are because we don't think exactly like you. Your constant insults and jabs tell me you have nothing but your innermost hate to stand on. Talk about pathetic.

You just sent someone to their safe space! I bought stock in Crayola and making a fortune off of it!
Amazes me the anarchists that hate the government but willingly act out as the useful idiots the government depends on.

The world has never come to an end because the adults we elect to govern never have our Republic foremost in their duty to serve. What we end up with are infantile traitor who behave like children who mommy didn't buy them a Snickers bar at the grocers and people actually base their lives on looking up to these dirt bags...
edit on 22-12-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The part I find hilarious is just last week Trump said, and I quote:

"I'm proud to shut down the government over my wall and I will take the mantle."

Trump today:

"Democrats now own the shutdown!"

I'd ask how dumb Trump thinks Americans are.... but this thread... man... this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes because they are all not on holiday leave and they never get back pay after the smoke clears.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Yes, he is proud to stand up for what he believes in. Democrats decided to vote no and shut it down.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

"I'm proud to shut down the government over my wall and I will take the mantle."

Trump today:

I'd ask how dumb Trump thinks Americans are.... but this thread... man... this thread.

He didn't shut it down though. Never reached his desk for the veto. This all on Chuckie Schumer now! roflmao

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Is the shutdown going to hurt Trump or the Deep State?

Depends on how the stock mkt. reacts.

I'm not even sure who the "deep state" is...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

"The Deep State" I, am sorry but that is a conspiracy theory if I ever heard one.

It's only going to get harder for trump, in January. If he can not pass this now he will have an even lesser chance, in just a few weeks.

Thank God, there will, finally be checks and balances.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Trump today:

He didn't shut it down though. Never reached his desk for the veto. This all on Chuckie Schumer now! roflmao

so the dems did a good thing by shutting it down...
or is it if its was trump who did it , it would have been good.

you mentalists are all over the place. i love it when they confuse one another.

wait on the outcome and if its favorable to trump, then trump was the mastermind, if it goes tits up, the dems shut it down before trump.

this is the first time there was a shutdown with a majority house...and on the third year....

theres no need to dig up what trump said about the shutdown during Obama's tenure; the goal post will simply be moved ever so slightly.

edit on 22-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

All the president has to do now is hold his ground and it will become painfully clear to every American citizen who owns the shutdown in time.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Imo, the B.S. federal government shutdown is only worrisome to federal government employees who don't produce anything of value & are a drain on society's prosperity through higher taxes. They are the equivalent of welfare recipients. These B.S. federal government shutdowns end up costing more in the long run because the federal government hires people to prohibit taxpayers from visiting federal public parks/areas during shutdowns. As a taxpayer I'm allowed to go to any public area, especially during a government shutdown. We do not need non-essential services or services which are already provided by the private sector, NGOs & state/local governments.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Trump today:

This is just big babies on both sides but the main issue is Democrats not wanting Trump to get his wall. They can never allow him to have a win that he campaigned on so heavily. 5 or even 50 billion is pocket change and we've wasted our hard earned tax dollars on worse.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
I am curious what you think ATS.

I didn't ask if it will hurt Trump or the Dems because I believe the Dems and RINO's are both against Trump and comprise the deep state.

I know I for one am a Trump supporter and am against the globalist "Deep State".

I have no problem with the government shutdown. I believe our government is to big and wastes to much money as it is. I am all for closing those parts of government and never opening them back up at all.

IMO The shutdown hurts the "deep State" more because Trump supporters don't like the government anyway so he will lose no support.

Your thoughts ATS?

It is a partial government shutdown and given it is in the holidays when most spend time with family, it would probably not hurt anyone.

If it was for weeks it would not hurt many either since they would get they would get backpay once it resumed.
If it was for months, then it would hurt Corporate and Banking Lobbyists and Crony Contracts that depend on government to rig the markets in their favor.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
It won't hurt anyone other than those that work at parks, museums etc. Once again the little guy has to pay the piper for RINO's and useless liberals.
a reply to: Aallanon

I think if we shut the government down for a year, including the military, then pain would make it to the elite rich that depend on government largess via crony contracts, back room deals and lobbying, but they only shut it down just long enough to punish the peons at the low scale.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Seriously nothing happens in Government from Thursday before the weekend of Christmas to after the New Year’s Day. Everyone working as a GS or AD plan their leave dates to maximize days off, since there’s a #load of free days and holidays off during this time. NOTHING GETS DONE THIS TIME PERIOD ANYWAYS!

It actually sounds like a conspiracy to fool people.
Hey, lets shut down the government when most people are off to make it look like we are working for them.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Honestly, does it really matter who shut it down or not? It's nothing more than finger pointing and accusations anyways, always has been. There are no winners only losers.

This just shows that the Dems couldn't care less about this country, it's citizens and their welfare. Illegals have and continue to be a huge burden on this country, not only financially but also to the detriment of working citizens in this country, citizens that are barely holding on as it is. We desperately need increased border security if we wish to maintain our sovereignty as a nation.

This whole charade is about votes and their quest for power and they are willing to do anything for it, even if it means selling out their own countryman....and so it goes. The Dems don't care about the citizens in this country and they've continued to prove this time after time. They're a very selfish and self-centered bunch.

I've mentioned this before but my Grandfather was a member of the Democratic Senate and House of Reps. back in the 20's and 30's. I guarantee you that he's turning in his grave right now and wouldn't have anything to do with the Democratic Party as it is today. He was a man of great integrity, something that seems to be missing in the political arena today, especially on the left.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
People will cheer the shutdown until it reaches them

Only right-wing fanatics until it reaches them then they will start howling like hyenas

But just look at the left wing fanatics howl right now. The only people howling for the last two years are left wing fanatics.

Who are the real hyenas?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
People will cheer the shutdown until it reaches them

Only right-wing fanatics until it reaches them then they will start howling like hyenas

Unless I'm about to lose absolutely everything in the next 2 weeks, its not going to reach me. And its not going to reach anyone else either, because Fed employees are back paid. They were back paid after the last two shutdowns, and they'll be back paid after this one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join