It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the shutdown going to hurt Trump or the Deep State?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: angeldoll

At the moment, Federal Employees have very little reason to care. They are home for Christmas just like all the rest of us.

Says the person who is not a federal employee, but appoints herself to speak for them.

I mean government employees are free to work in the private sector like the rest of us. We don't all get government welfare from our employers.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

At the moment, Federal Employees have very little reason to care. They are home for Christmas just like all the rest of us.

Actually, blessed to be at work until after the first. 2 crews running 24/7 on location.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

It was me. I did it. I take full responsibility.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I know quite a few federal employees, and they care/stress every time this happens. It is always a concern when your paycheck gets stopped. Just imagine having to work and not getting paid. There are a lot of people that live paycheck to paycheck and they still have to come up with gas money and food and pay their bills. It is beyond stressful for them.

This isn't just stressful for the federal employees, it's stressful to all the people that rely on money from them!

Maybe they should get a real job, but then they might have to work hard for their paycheck.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Just yankin' your chain angeldoll.

Feel free to skip my posts.

Sorry, but the gov is bloated garbage.

They take whatever they can get away with short of an uprising.

They have done a complete 180 from what they were designed to do.

From changing taxes from corporations to the workers, to selling all our jobs overseas, to trying to create criminals out of everyone.

Importing drugs to bust people with, to taking guns while selling them to the enemy.

To spying on citizens using tax dollars to build the system.

I hope they shut down forever, they are bad people.

Merry xmas

Just off the top of my head

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with gov workers getting a taste of what millions of regular people already feel.

😎💥😎

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
American's, are naturally, anti-government. It really doesn't hurt us, one way or another.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Neither

Only people who pay attention to the MSM even care about it

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
They rarely taste of
of actual "economic"... "rituals". ... But many marines, Soldiers

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What was it I read he's asking for less then what gets paid in sugar subsides. Not too worried.

The Dims have a lot of hate they have to redirect come the first of the year the shutdown could go on for months!!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

It was me. I did it. I take full responsibility.

And yet...it was actually Schumer and the Dems in the Senate that voted FOR the shutdown.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It won't hurt anyone other than those that work at parks, museums etc. Once again the little guy has to pay the piper for RINO's and useless liberals.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Trump. But don’t look for the deplorables to be upset with him, they are lost souls headed for damnation.a reply to: Aallanon

(post by soundguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Your reply is a mishmash of religion, politics and shows your rabid hatred of anyone who doesn't follow your group think.

As usual.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Maybe they should get a real job, but then they might have to work hard for their paycheck.

I think everyone needs to take a moment and read this article:

www.vox.com...

That’s easy for him to say. The shutdown doesn’t affect the politicians responsible for it. White House staff and members of Congress continue to get paid when the government shuts down. But what the two-week 2013 shutdown showed is that some Americans really do suffer — specifically poor families, janitors, security guards, and other low-wage federal contractors.

It's not just Federal workers either, you know how crap rolls downhill:

We were told just to bill for the services we provided,” said Larry Westfall, vice president of R&R Janitorial Painting & Building Services. “The government did not pay us, and we could not pay our workers.”

edit on 22-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I propose nobody take contacts from the federal government, then- let them hire their own employees.
Are their finances public? I'd be curious to know what they pay a contractor for janitorial services.

They do this almost every year, plan ahead.

I pay something like 30 cents on the dollar for every dollar earned to mandated federal nonsense, and my employer matches a good chunk of that, too, which is money that would be mine otherwise.
Let's see some belt tightening from these clowns, starting at upper middle management and going both ways from there.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Seriously nothing happens in Government from Thursday before the weekend of Christmas to after the New Year’s Day. Everyone working as a GS or AD plan their leave dates to maximize days off, since there’s a #load of free days and holidays off during this time. NOTHING GETS DONE THIS TIME PERIOD ANYWAYS!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Trump. But don’t look for the deplorables to be upset with him, they are lost souls headed for damnation.a reply to: Aallanon

You lil badass keyboard warrior you.

You're everything that people hate about todays liberals rolled into one. Since you and your infinite wisdom seem to have it all figured out for the rest of us, please continue telling everyone how F'd up we are because we don't think exactly like you. Your constant insults and jabs tell me you have nothing but your innermost hate to stand on. Talk about pathetic.

<< 1    3 >>

join