It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the shutdown going to hurt Trump or the Deep State?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am curious what you think ATS.

I didn't ask if it will hurt Trump or the Dems because I believe the Dems and RINO's are both against Trump and comprise the deep state.

I know I for one am a Trump supporter and am against the globalist "Deep State".

I have no problem with the government shutdown. I believe our government is to big and wastes to much money as it is. I am all for closing those parts of government and never opening them back up at all.

IMO The shutdown hurts the "deep State" more because Trump supporters don't like the government anyway so he will lose no support.

Your thoughts ATS?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I cheer a shutdown every time it happens.

The Derp State hates it because every time it happens, more people realize that government doesn't DO anything that benefits us.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

My thoughts are that you are not a federal employee or you would have a problem with it.
But then, people like trump must be able to see beyond themselves to understand.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

At the moment, Federal Employees have very little reason to care. They are home for Christmas just like all the rest of us.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I would be happy if all of the federal government (except for what our constitution calls for) were to be shut down for good. We would all have more money in our paychecks and more freedom. Most want more money but most really do not want more freedom. It is sad. Give the States the power they were meant to have.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is this Heaven?
...I only ask because the government shut down and it's supposed to be the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I would be happy if all of the federal government (except for what our constitution calls for) were to be shut down for good. We would all have more money in our paychecks and more freedom. Most want more money but most really do not want more freedom. It is sad. Give the States the power they were meant to have.

True liberty is scary. It means you might fail, and if you do, you might have to suffer the pain of that while you figure out how to rectify the situation.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
People will cheer the shutdown until it reaches them

Only right-wing fanatics until it reaches them then they will start howling like hyenas

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

At the moment, Federal Employees have very little reason to care. They are home for Christmas just like all the rest of us.

Says the person who is not a federal employee, but appoints herself to speak for them.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The premise of the op isn't very logical since most people don't have any understanding of the deep state particularly the ignorant right-wing who thinks the deep state are just liberals who have abortions.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know quite a few federal employees, and they care/stress every time this happens. It is always a concern when your paycheck gets stopped. Just imagine having to work and not getting paid. There are a lot of people that live paycheck to paycheck and they still have to come up with gas money and food and pay their bills. It is beyond stressful for them.

This isn't just stressful for the federal employees, it's stressful to all the people that rely on money from them!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The premise of the op isn't very logical since most people don't have any understanding of the deep state particularly the ignorant right-wing who thinks the deep state are just liberals who have abortions.

What they are calling the deep state is the Progressive movement, who happen to be in the majority in both major American political parties right now.

Hoped that helped you.

Doubt it will though, since you seem to be nothing but a political hack for the left.

+6 more 
link   
If Dems are so upset...Schumer probably shouldn't have voted to shut down the government.

link   
Let's be clear....

After the shut down is over, every salaried employee for the feds will get paid. Hourly employees, sorry.

The big thing is, wtf carrs? I bust my butt at my main job, have 2 part times, and still barely make it. I had a chancd for a job that paid near 7 figures....got turned away bc i am a white male american.

Long story short, they have been through 6 people...men and women...in 2 months bc they can't do the job.

That is how the federal government works.

And in the end, we are ALL screwed.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It will hurt America.
You yanks have gone off the rails.
Botox midget in Kremlin is a happy man.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You are sure on ATS alot. Are you sure you are essential?

I'd fire you.

And I should be able to, since I pay your paycheck anyway.

Get back to work slacker

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

You are sure on ATS alot. Are you sure you are essential?

I'd fire you.

And I should be able to, since I pay your paycheck anyway.

Get back to work slacker

I have been the last few days. I'm wearing one of the "boot" things on my foot, and it hurts madly when I walk. Don't worry, I'll be gone before long, then you all can resume your echo chamber, and not have to tolerate opposing opinions.
I know you hate those. I have an idea. Skip my posts!

Luckily I'm not federal employee, so I don't have an idiot in control of my paycheck. Or you for that matter.

You have a nice day.
edit on 12/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Pretty much, although you didn't add Hillary supporting...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

It will hurt America.
You yanks have gone off the rails.
Botox midget in Kremlin is a happy man.

How exactly will it hurt America? I go to work Monday, government or not.
Somehow, they still collect federal tax on that work, skimming a third of my income right off the top...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Besides politics and partisanship, does anyone REALLY care? Unless you are a government employee who will miss a pay? Do you really care?
They will get a deal before x-mas is my guess. This helps nor hurts anyone...
edit on 22-12-2018 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join