It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible German cookies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I remember my German grandma making "winter cookies" during Christmas season. (Decades ago) There would be a good assortment of cookies and small cakes made with mixes of gingerbread, honey and liquors.

I had a phone conversation with a German cousin yesterday, and she told me to get my arsch to Aldi's supermarket. Aldi's has winter cookies!

I'm not a big fan of sweets, but I have already gone through most of a box. These things should be a controlled substance! For under 20 dollars, I scored a ton of these goodies. They are as good as the ones grandma made!

I got my neighbor a bag of the iced gingerbread cookies. (Pfeffernusse Glasiert) He and his wife love something sweet with their morning coffee. They almost went through the whole bag.

These are the ones I love:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've never heard of those cookies. Maybe better that I let it go in one ear and out the other because good cookies can be really addicting, the ringing of the cookie jar can be heard throughout our house.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Germans know how to make their sweet treats -- not too sweet!

My best friend across the street when I was growing up had a grandparent in Germany, and she used to go over for a visit every summer and come back with a big old box loaded with German cakes and cookies. I used to beg for some every chance I could. They were soooo good.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Having grown up in Germany I have fond memories of helping my granny bake Weihnachtsplätzchen (Christmas cookies). Truth is I was probably just getting in the way and stealing dough... The ones you get in super markets pale in comparison to homemade ones. Grannies Plätzchen were delicious.

It's all part of Gemütlichkeit.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hay! My Dutch grandparents aka Oma and Opa had those things on tap around Christmas, takes me back to those good old days just seeing those packages.

Thanks for that man I’d almost forgotten about them have to buy some now.
a reply to: ColeYounger

edit on 22-12-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
These are my favorite:

www.amazon.com...=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The best cookies are salty and taste like moth balls.

new topics

top topics

join