It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how drug testing situations really play out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: JAGStorm
Wow, I've only known one person in real life who has never been intoxicated on ethanol or any other drug.
You must have a drug though, I was addicted to running for a couple of years, the endorphins and adrenaline.
...maybe I'm just a junky lol

everyone has a drug

janitor at work is 70
never been drunk
never done a drug
never smoked a cigarette

his drug was pussy
he was a womanizer

everyone has something

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

everyone has a drug

If I had one, I have to say it is drinking Soda, coke-cola specifically.

I guess I'm lucky I don't work for Pepsi!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Haha, I'm on medication so I nursed a pint of beer for 80 minutes watching my son play rugby today, two pints I would feel drunk. I'm a cheap night out lol

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sucrose user yeh? That is probably the worst addiction in my society.
Healthwise you know. Coke heads who hold down jobs are healthy enough, but Sucrose users are fat and have diabetes.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Sucrose user yeh? That is probably the worst addiction in my society.
Healthwise you know. Coke heads who hold down jobs are healthy enough, but Sucrose users are fat and have diabetes.

I'm not fat or even overweight, and don't have diabetes either. I'm as healthy as a person could be, and I've been drinking soda for a longggg time.

I know a lot of people that just drink beer and alcohol and no soda they are huge.

edit on 22-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm lucky there's never been a drug test at my job or i'd be fired immediately, we'r not property, machines or robots.
What I do outside of work is none of their business.

They just want us to be like little worker drones with no life.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Haha I didn't mean to sound like I was implying that!
All good

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace

They just want us to be like little worker drones with no life.

they do

i was thinking about that the other day in regards to high school and college

graduate. get a diploma. college. degree

the main reason is to get a job. its all about work work work

not do all that so youre not a dip #.

nope

work

same with drug testing. its all about work

it is legal in many states. legal medically in many others yet people that live in those states are still subject to testing.

its all bull# and it is all geared to working even though firing people for being dirty is counter productive to that which is another reason its stupid.

we are programmed to march forward and prepare to work and to keep working from a very early age.

#ed up

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Budweiser just got a contract in Canada to experiment on Beers with Mary Jane. From what I am seeing there is BIG money behind legalization and by that I mean Multi National Corporations. Warren Buffet is IN. We all know how easy it is to buy a politician so it's just a matter of time. It will be those politicians who got paid versus those who didn't.

Look at John Behnor! Against it his whole time in office. Now he seen the light [$$$$$$$] and he is a big shot on some board pushing for legalization...

Personally I can care less about pot, I think it stinks for one thing and when people walk down the streets of Seattle or Portland creating huge smoke clouds they are the same people to yell at someone about second hand smoke from cigs. With that said, we have 20% of our prisons filled with non-violent pot crimes, people's whole lives are ruined, jobs loss etc due to how we treat pot with 70 year old views.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Sheye

I totally agree with you TST.

What’s even crazier is if a serious alcoholic avoids drinking for work, he will have extreme withdrawal shakes that could diversely effect the safety on his job site.

A huge portion of executives, CEO's and high level white collar workers are heavy alcoholics.
I worked in the industry, the things I saw... Many many of them hid booze in their offices. Many of them reeked of booze in the morning. They would even joke about being alcoholics. In my early days I was an executive admin. I would process expense reports. I'll give you an example, a "business meeting" for three people, alcohol expense was $1500. It got approved, this was when I worked for Big Pharma! That's one reason why your medicine costs so much.....

This post just makes me want to scream “ I’m mad as hell, and I won’t take it anymore !”

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: KansasGirl
But he tested positive several days AFTER the accident, right? So unless they tested him immediately, shouldn't they still be required to pay his medical bills?

he went to the med works clinic and all they do at the clinic is the cup.
they send it out to the lab and the results come later.

the cup has a temp strip on it. the nurse uses a lancet for specific gravity and urea.
if it fails any of those 3 it does not go to the lab.

if it passes those 3 it goes to the lab for the spectro test.

thats the delay in time

Ah. So he did fail it right away...?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
REPLY TO OP (why didn't it show which post I'm resoonding to? 😡):

I'm not one to talk from way high up on a horse, dude: I am an UBER alcoholic. I checked myself into the ER once- meaning I walked myself in and talked to the nurses and filled out my own paperwork, etc..and my BAC was .49. Yes, you read that correctly.

I drank on the job, once my alcoholism got out of control. I would put vodka in with some Gatorade so it looked like I just had Gatorade, but it was not just gatoroade. That was the only way I could get through the day without shaking so much that I couldn't hold anything, or without puking. The hardest thing, in the morning, was to get three or four shots of vodka down without puking it up. If I could keep it down, he shakes would stop in about 20 minutes and I wouldn't be in danger of puking with every move of my eyes.

If I had been tested at work, I would have blown over the limit, and yes, I drove myself to work. When I finally got some help and checked into Detox, I hadn't had a drink for over twelve hours and my BAC was .28. Keep in mind I hadn't had a drop in half a day, so imagine what my levels were when I was sipping my "Gatorade" at work. And here is the worst part: I was working WITH KIDS.

So, I am not on a high horse. I was the worst of the worst.

About the job thing: I lost my dream job because of my drinking. The situation I descobed so far, that was my SECOND rendezvous with being a drunk. Before that, I had been in my dream job- went to rehab, and when I "relapsed" a month later, I got fired. Was it maybe a tad unfair, since it usuly takes a person a year of starts and stops to get sober? Yeah, maybe it was a bit harsh, but it was their decision, and no one forced me to drink gallons of vodka every night by myself in my living room.

So: I know it sucks, but when we are the employees, we have to follow their rules. And honestly, having no THC in your system while at work, it's really not a bad rule.

I had to grow up that way, so I feel I can say I think you need to grow up in this area. Worst of the worst right here, man. I'm sure you've not been as irresponsible and immature as I was, but you probably could straighten up a little.
edit on 22-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I say drug test people on Wall street, or don't drug test at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

did you not read what i wrote

no he did not fail right away

he used real urine so his temp was right. the urea was right. the specific gravity was right so they sent the sample to the lab for the big daddy test with the spectro.

when the results came back they fired him.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
rules for drug testing should be exactly the same as with alcohol. in other words if something happens that they suspect could be due to drug use, like an accident with a vehicle. and just like with alcohol, it should only be an issue if the test shows that you were high or drunk at the time of it happening.

we don't bar people from working because they have a drink or two after work. nor because we know that they get stinking drunk when not at work. the only thing that should matter is if a person is drunk or high on the job, and it affects their job. and i would also include legal and needed prescription drugs in that. if you can't be stoned on something like weed, and you can't be drunk because it can cause a dangerous situation. then there is no way someone taking an opioid pain killer, or any other mind altering drug legal or not should be doing the same work. it is all essentially the same thing and should be treated as such.

it's really stupid that in areas where marijuana is legal, you can still be fired or not hired for using it. and yet drinking alcohol is no problem at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I say drug test people on Wall street, or don't drug test at all.

The loss of coke sales would cause one or two cartels to collapse.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

everyone has a drug

If I had one, I have to say it is drinking Soda, coke-cola specifically.

I guess I'm lucky I don't work for Pepsi!

modern Coke contains two drugs, Caffeine and sugar.so you are right on that score in fact almost everyone is a "drug user, and even abuser. coffee, tea are both drugs, plus any sugar you put into it. and many people have to have their coffee or tea, especially to get going in the morning. that having to have, is also known as drug addiction. anyone who drinks uses drugs. and yet those legal drugs are fine. even things like cigarettes and cigars although generally looked down upon these days, are still legal drugs.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
either way i am interested in talking about peoples opinion on drug testing being done.
not your opinion on competent testers

I think people who use any drugs at all are scum. Don't piss test them, hair test them. Do it at regular intervals.

If the company can't attract clean, sober people, then they need to make the jobs lucrative enough that people will get off the poisons to get and keep those jobs.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
the only thing drug testing does is weed out pot smokers who cause the least amount of problems

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I think people who use any drugs at all are scum
Do you mean illegal drugs? Legal recreational drugs like ethanol?
Your comment surprised me to be honest, how can someone smoking a spliff or drinking a glass of wine after work affect your life so badly that you call them scum?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join