It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how drug testing situations really play out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
and Grambler some companies do not fire you straight away

i worked for a place that would send you to rehab and i worked at a place that would suspend you for up to 30 days. if you cold produce a clean test in that 30 days you come back to work

i like the idea of the 6 hour test.

thats the # right there.

the state should mandate that #.
they should mandate that because a LOT of people get fired for being dirty then go right to human services and get medicaid and food stamps. help with job searches and all sorts of stuff.

so the state should make the company come out of their end a little bit for a more expensive test that shows much more accurate results.

fire a dude for smoking 10 days ago and then have the state give him free #?

yeah i dont like that

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Drug tests are not about catching users.
The tests are about insurance and covering your butt.

A company that follows the guidelines will fair better in lawsuits.

i understand that

then why not use the test that tells them you have been dirty in the last 6 hours?

covers their butt and does not put them in a situation of firing a guy that knows the job to promote a guy that does not know the job and have to hire a new guy that knows even less?

know what i mean?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
and Grambler some companies do not fire you straight away

i worked for a place that would send you to rehab and i worked at a place that would suspend you for up to 30 days. if you cold produce a clean test in that 30 days you come back to work

i like the idea of the 6 hour test.

thats the # right there.

the state should mandate that #.
they should mandate that because a LOT of people get fired for being dirty then go right to human services and get medicaid and food stamps. help with job searches and all sorts of stuff.

so the state should make the company come out of their end a little bit for a more expensive test that shows much more accurate results.

fire a dude for smoking 10 days ago and then have the state give him free #?

yeah i dont like that

Damn, what did i smoke today? Never agreed with you more!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I like the combo of the 6 hour test and if you fail you are ineligible for any and all assistance.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
One of my brothers works in heavy industry, 3 shifts complex, 24 hours a day. The management give a 6 week warning whenever they are about to drug test so the workers can abstain. They'd lose the whole night shift of workers if they didn't do that, everyone is on speed or coke.
I wish I could say more but I wouldn't want to incriminate the major UK company he works for.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
One of my brothers works in heavy industry, 3 shifts complex, 24 hours a day. The management give a 6 week warning whenever they are about to drug test so the workers can abstain. They'd lose the whole night shift of workers if they didn't do that, everyone is on speed or coke.
I wish I could say more but I wouldn't want to incriminate the major UK company he works for.

That is the funny thing...

Coke and meth are out of your system in 3 days...weed, depending, can be up to 6 weeks.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

This is a test after an injury I think not a random. These tests have to be done immediately.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

dude i would be safe to say that 50% of all people working anywhere, especially people on the grind are smoking grass.

im also convinced of this

i would also be cool with the notice of an upcoming test
i like the idea of no tests better

but i really like that 6 hour test

that # should be mandated as the method

i know the urine test also checks for opiates and benzos but those are out of your system so damn fast anyway.
people getting busted are getting busted for grass.
easily the majority

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

That is the funny thing...

Coke and meth are out of your system in 3 days...weed, depending, can be up to 6 weeks.

most people are getting popped for grass
not coke
meth
benzos
opiates

those are all out of your system so fast. few days.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Urine test where if you fail for mj you can take the 6 hour test at your expense. Win win.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Companies get sued because stones #ed something up... so the company makes sure no stoners work there.
I tested to hire but I did not random test after that. But the test was on my premises and done by my HR girl.
No purses or knapsacks allowed in the stall. A male employee accompanied male applicants.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Gotcha

It is a running joke though where my bro works, thousands of workers all warned in advance because the management know full well that they'd be sacking loads of people if they didn't. The plant would shut down.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Urine test where if you fail for mj you can take the 6 hour test at your expense. Win win.

i dont think that would get your job back
maybe after you lawyer up and fight it and # but i dont see the company going oh ok. my bad
our test sucks and yours is awesome. come on back

would be sweet though

# ma i would keep one of those 6 hour deals sealed in my locker if that was the case
get called for the random and use that

theyre not going to allow that

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
. so the company makes sure no stoners work there.

then they absolutely 100% do the worst job ever

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Companies get sued because stones #ed something up... so the company makes sure no stoners work there.
I tested to hire but I did not random test after that. But the test was on my premises and done by my HR girl.
No purses or knapsacks allowed in the stall. A male employee accompanied male applicants.

This is at times true. However, I have never seen a time where someone came to work messed up and it wasn't noticed and they weren't sent home. I think the only place where drug testing is reasonable in any facet is where doing something wrong on the job can and will lead to physical injury of someone. Otherwise it honestly serves no purpose.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Testing can give false positives, happens all the time. So the 2nd test would rule a false positive out. They would provide the saliva test, but you'd have to pay to take it.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Pretty much everyone I know smokes pot, I actually forget it is illegal sometimes.
Cops don't even arrest you here for personal possession, they 'confiscate' it lol.
You can grow 9 plants these days and you'll only get a caution if caught.
My Bro's work though is funny as # that they get warning about tests in advance...honestly they'd lose the entire night shift of workers if they didn't warn them about tests.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I can't explain why some companies do stupid things.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

the only times i have seem someone lose their job for being messed up at work was for alcohol

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Pretty much everyone I know smokes pot, I actually forget it is illegal sometimes.
Cops don't even arrest you here for personal possession, they 'confiscate' it lol.
You can grow 9 plants these days and you'll only get a caution if caught.
My Bro's work though is funny as # that they get warning about tests in advance...honestly they'd lose the entire night shift of workers if they didn't warn them about tests.

thats the thing man
everyone is smoking

not literally every single person but pick any blue collar type job especially and most of those people are burners.
maybe not like me who does it every day but multiple times per month for sure.

its the same here in Ohio man
if you get pulled over with a little reefer on you all the cops are going to do is take it if that. granted you have to be smart about it
if you have 7 grams in 7 different bags of a gram each you have a problem

if its all in one back and you have insurance on your car and no warrants and # youre good to go

it is legal medically here and has been decriminalized for years

we can grow x amount of plants or have x amount on us for personal use before it becomes a crime

all these reasons make drug testing at work even more stupid

thats the big risk these days. not the cops. not jail.
the big risk is your job

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join