It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Box on Netflix!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Skid Mark

Did you? I never finished watching it.... I got bored.

Not enough orange people to keep you interested?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Even writing a review of this movie is as stupid as the movie.
If many movies depend upon the suspension of disbelief to carry them on, this movie depends upon not only that but complete and utter divorce from realism in it's entirety.

Navigating a river in a row boat with two children for 48 hours blindfolded? Gimme a break. Pulling off the river, getting out, finding ones way through the forest and finding a house, blindfolded? Oh please.
Going through those rapids blindfolded and living is impossible.

Then happening to get to a santuary of blind people 5 years after the monsters arrived who now sit a round happily in their little safe haven? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRgggggggggg.

The only metaphor I could even think of might be the value of struggle over insurmountable odds, with no training, was over the top stupid.

It's like this whole book or movie was written by a bunch of 10 year olds on peyote sitting around dreaming up fantasies of overcoming the pointlessness of life.

And what 10 year old would even think about putting the characters in life jackets for the river trek?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Jess_Undefined

Ummm...I watched it last night...it was an alright film...I'd give it 2 1/2 stars...

The reason for that is it never provided any conclusion's...no answers...only questions...

The ending was forced and nonsensical...like the writers had no idea how to finish...

For me...a movie script has to have some modicum of plausibility...tell me...how does a colony of blind people...way out in the sticks...feed itself...for five years...?

Besides...if this whatever that's stalking and killing everyone only leaves alive the tainted ones...then half the world population would still be alive...there's one hell of a lot of predator humans out there...in fact...they run the world...

In conclusion...much hyped...but nonsensical and contrived...

That's my critique...and I'm sticking with it...

2 1/2 stars...

YouSir

Don't quit your day job lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: YouSir

What the heck?

It's good.
It's good.
It's good.
It's meh.

now I have to watch it just to know.. lol

it's gonna interrupt my DC universe though. :/

DC Universe lol.

Are you punishing yourself for being bad this year?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Did you? I never finished watching it.... I got bored.

That's the least surprising thing I've read today.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Watched it today and overall I enjoyed it.

I wish more things were explained.

Lately, it seems like script writers do not want to explain what or why in their movies.

Lazy writing or do they just want people to come to their own conclusions?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I watched it tonight, it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. There were some suspenseful parts and I felt sad for the children's characters.

It was a nice escape for a bit for folks like me and my oldest daughter who enjoy suspense, mystery and horror...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Jess_Undefined

Ummm...I watched it last night...it was an alright film...I'd give it 2 1/2 stars...

The reason for that is it never provided any conclusion's...no answers...only questions...

The ending was forced and nonsensical...like the writers had no idea how to finish...

For me...a movie script has to have some modicum of plausibility...tell me...how does a colony of blind people...way out in the sticks...feed itself...for five years...?

Besides...if this whatever that's stalking and killing everyone only leaves alive the tainted ones...then half the world population would still be alive...there's one hell of a lot of predator humans out there...in fact...they run the world...

In conclusion...much hyped...but nonsensical and contrived...

That's my critique...and I'm sticking with it...

2 1/2 stars...

YouSir

Agree with your review and rating. Was bit of a letdown but ok to watch with the lack of good scifi out there.
edit on 531231America/ChicagoThu, 27 Dec 2018 03:53:55 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
***MULTIPLE SPOILER ALERTS***

Watched it. Loved it. Suspense, good cast, and most of all I love the info they provide during the movie, even though it was supposed to be comedic, he described things (Charlie) that most movies would not have, like the Fourth Kind and them discussing Annunaki and Sumeria.

I first thought of what I would imagine Project Bluebeam to be, though they wanted to keep it neutral, I thought of those that were not affected to be part of a more "realistic sect" of people, no bul*sh*tters in a sense. Like they havent been fooled and wanted those who were afraid to get out of the way.

They had to make them crazy.... I mean what, those that see the nonsense be the heroes.. nah.

Peace, NRE

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Just saw it tonight. The very ending... is it just me or is Malories eyes starting to change while she look up?
edit on 30-12-2018 by whiteblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2018 by whiteblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was pleasantly surprised with this movie.
When I began to watch it half-heartedly and expecting Sandra Bullock to just play some stupid role like usual I quickly got sucked in. I was super impressed with her acting throughout this movie. I was nervous about the birds the whole time, hoping they wouldn't get hurt! Anyway, I thought the beginning of the ending could have been better... it was sort of aggravating with all of the voices and all that. I thought the very ending was cool, like an "Aha" moment.. I never considered the possibility of a community of (you know what) people.
Saying that so I don't spoil the ending

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I read the book, finiahed it yesterday and watched the film last night.
I was very disappointed in the film. For me it massively lost what made the book so good. I understand they have to make changes for a film, but this would have been so much better staying closer to the book and preferably as an indie film where they dont have to follow so many rules.

In the biok, the "monsters' are not fully explained, rather the poasibilities of what they are are discussed by the characters. One major point is that they are very likely not even evil, but so different from us that rhe mind cannot comorehend them and breaks. People who are already broken, ie mad cannot have what is already broken erm broken again. There are hinta that the beings may even be beautiful.

They can also enfer buildings in the book, and do so and there is a lot of mention of the charactera having to blindfold ul when openjng the hluse door then check nothing enters using broomsticks etc, laborius and tense moments.

The spread of the madness is slower too, at least at the start.

You canr blame the scriptwriters for not explaining the monsters, it is the source material and the nkt knowing works very well in the book.

<< 1   >>

join