It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Box on Netflix!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Has anyone watched the newly released movie Bird Box on Netflix yet!? I waited for an entire month anticipating this movie and finally watched it tonight. I won't spoil it but it left so many questions. I am curious to know the thoughts and opinions on what you think the "monster" is and where it came from.

I've gotten bored with the selection lately but this one was worth it. Though I will say my favorite horror to be put out on Netflix so far was "Ritual" and I've been waiting for them to make more of that Calibre!

Also I know it's based on the book so if you read the book, even better. I am considering buying the book if it gives anymore clues to the creatures origin.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Watched it last night. I really, really enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jess_Undefined
I haven't seen it yet but have seen The Ritual. That was a weird one. I liked it.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I enjoyed it quite a bit as well. the kid that worked at the Food Mart (nerdy guy writing the novel) was assuming they were demons/angels sent by God as He has abandoned humanity.......seems reasonable based on what was going on I suppose

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Watched it last night also. Cracking film. A more atmospheric version of The Happening.

I took the creatures to be a manifestation of demonic entities looking to shape the world into something more hospitable to themselves.

It did leave many questions though. My first being, why were there groups that were not 100% affected, instead being manipulated. Also, why they never entered residences?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Watched it last night also. Cracking film. A more atmospheric version of The Happening.

I took the creatures to be a manifestation of demonic entities looking to shape the world into something more hospitable to themselves.

It did leave many questions though. My first being, why were there groups that were not 100% affected, instead being manipulated. Also, why they never entered residences?

They seem not to able to affect the physical realm much. All we see of them is a shadow here or there, or the leaves blowing. I am also interested in the reason that some people, the mentally disturbed, are not effected in the same way. If the beings were not able to interact with the physical realm, and people were dug into bunkers and such, it would be a good way to get to them by manipulating the crazy ones.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yeah, I hear you. There were plenty of doors being opened for them though and always at times when danger was at the door. Perhaps there is an 'invite the evil in' mechanic at play.

I'm definitely going to have to buy the book.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ummm...I watched it last night...it was an alright film...I'd give it 2 1/2 stars...

The reason for that is it never provided any conclusion's...no answers...only questions...

The ending was forced and nonsensical...like the writers had no idea how to finish...

For me...a movie script has to have some modicum of plausibility...tell me...how does a colony of blind people...way out in the sticks...feed itself...for five years...?

Besides...if this whatever that's stalking and killing everyone only leaves alive the tainted ones...then half the world population would still be alive...there's one hell of a lot of predator humans out there...in fact...they run the world...

In conclusion...much hyped...but nonsensical and contrived...

That's my critique...and I'm sticking with it...

2 1/2 stars...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
We watched it last night, it was pretty good.

My wife knows the mother of the girl who is married to the author, she bought the book a few years ago. The mother got to go to California with her daughter and son-in-law and got to meet and talk to Meryl Streep while they were making the movie. I suppose her friend is tweeting like a happy bird now. Kind of cool that she got to meet Meryl and some other actors and producers.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...I watched it last night...it was an alright film...I'd give it 2 1/2 stars...

The reason for that is it never provided any conclusion's...no answers...only questions...

The ending was forced and nonsensical...like the writers had no idea how to finish...

For me...a movie script has to have some modicum of plausibility...tell me...how does a colony of blind people...way out in the sticks...feed itself...for five years...?

Besides...if this whatever that's stalking and killing everyone only leaves alive the tainted ones...then half the world population would still be alive...there's one hell of a lot of predator humans out there...in fact...they run the world...

In conclusion...much hyped...but nonsensical and contrived...

That's my critique...and I'm sticking with it...

2 1/2 stars...

YouSir

It may be left open like that in case they want to make another continuance movie some day if it makes money.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What the heck?

It's good.
It's good.
It's good.
It's meh.

now I have to watch it just to know.. lol

it's gonna interrupt my DC universe though. :/

edit on 22-12-2018 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jess_Undefined
Has anyone watched the newly released movie Bird Box on Netflix yet!? I waited for an entire month anticipating this movie and finally watched it tonight. I won't spoil it but it left so many questions. I am curious to know the thoughts and opinions on what you think the "monster" is and where it came from.

I've gotten bored with the selection lately but this one was worth it. Though I will say my favorite horror to be put out on Netflix so far was "Ritual" and I've been waiting for them to make more of that Calibre!

Also I know it's based on the book so if you read the book, even better. I am considering buying the book if it gives anymore clues to the creatures origin.

What a strange movie that was.

I liked it.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

We watched it last night.
I was sitting on the edge of my chair at times and there was not a lot of comedic relief.
Netflix makes some really good movies and series.
This one was suspensful tense nailbiting and in the end heartwarming.
Highly recommended if you have the nerve...
If this was me and my kids.... c'est la vie... it was nice while it lasted...

any ideas what those things were?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Did you? I never finished watching it.... I got bored.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Did you hear him say that he got all his knowledge from websites on the internet when the girl questioned his "studying" of the subject? She's like... in college? "Ummm no" he says. LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

But why were crazy people immune?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I can't tell you how often I disagreed with SIskel and Ebert. If I paid attention to reviews I'd never watch a movie.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My biggest question was why insane people were immune. So here is why theory so far. I am thinking that insane people already have so many dark thoughts and images in their mind, that what they see does not drive them crazy because they are use to it? We know from other people seeing it that they normally end up seeing something very sad, depressing, lost loved ones, ect. Something so incredibly sad that it makes them not be able to live another moment.

But the minute I got confused was when *spoiler alert*.....One character who sees it ends up saying "Huh, that's not so bad after all" but still kills themselves almost immediately. So if it wasn't so bad, why do that?

Pregnant woman not being able to see them was also confusing.

Then I started wondering are they good or bad. I was inclined to say they were at least not trying to cause the chaos they were causing at first when I never saw them attack anyone or try to enter houses. But then when they started whispering things to people tricking them, that right there threw out that logic.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I read the book a few months ago. The movie is pretty damn spot on. The book does not explain anything more about the "monsters". Actually, the movie shows wind and blowing leaves when they are around, but in the book, there is not even that much of a hint. Maybe a broken twig or a footstep, but otherwise there is no telling they are nearby.

The book expands on the story a bit. the character Gary is more fleshed out. The book had a pretty cool part involving wolves on the river, and while i was disappointed it wasn't in the movie, it didn't really take away from the film. There were other little minor differences, such as no running water so they had to venture outside blindfolded to get water from a well. The book was good at creating tension during those occasions.

If you liked the movie a lot - read the book, you'll enjoy it.
If you thought the movie was just OK - don't bother with the book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join