It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Special forces retake cargo ship after migrants threatened staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Four men have been arrested after special forces stormed a cargo ship off the UK's coast, where a group of stowaway migrants had threatened staff on-board.

Link

So sounds like a bunch of illegal immigrants tried to hijack this shop in British waters only to find themselves facing up against British special forces during a operation in the early hours of this morning.

4 arrests and no deaths
edit on 22-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You can look at the estimated IQ of different countries around the world..that can answer some of the questions about stupidity... There really is a big difference between someone with 65 to 75 IQ verses 85 to 90 which is pushing it for many countries.. I classify IQ right along with common sense or what we used to call horse sense in Texas..

I really am glad no one was permanently hurt.

edit on 727ndk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Bravo chaps, brilliant job, sterling performance. Glad you got those dirty blokes without undue harm.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Yes great job indeed, however we all know how it goes from here .....
1. The scumbags claim claim oppression/asylum/human rights in UK
2. British taxpayers have to pay for their legal defence, accommodation, etc
3. In a couple of years they''ll be granted the right to remain
4. Given a house to live in, and a monthly allowance
Because no-one will have the balls to say get out and stay out.
Sad but true.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Moley

Yeah, it brings to mind the Afghan hijackers in 2006... The hijackers ended up being allowed to stay in the UK. Probably still here and thankful that their antics paid off.

Wiki
BBC at the time

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Saw the story of the incident reported yesterday , I don't think there was any violence reported and I'm unsure it was a hijack but I'm glad they've got it sorted ... bit strong using the SBS although it is what they're for I guess ... good training exercise.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know it's going to sound morbid but the SBS should of fabricated a story that the pirates threatened them so they had to be shot. If this happened off the coast of Somalia those pirates wouldn't of survived. But as Moley said, they will not be allowed to settle into the country with free benefits and housing. I guarantee after a few days you won't here about this story again or what happened to them. Four dangerous men that are willing to use violence to get what they want .. sorry but these people aren't welcome in the country
edit on 22-12-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
yeah - utterly deplorable - that the royal margarines managed to caputre all hostile - with zro causualties to chre , commandos or hostiles - and zero damage to ship

should have left it to the merkins - resolution :

vessel sunk

2 other random ships in area also sunk [ with 16 casualties ]

all crew dead

all hostiles dead

2 USN vessels sunk

1 helicopter and one fixed wing aircraft lost

71 casuaties out of 90 man " rescue force " - only one of these = enemy action - with 29 " blue on blue " casualties

go merica

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
komisch, dass du so sprechen könntest, wenn amerika die Dinge anders machte....

There is a joke in there believe me.
a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Makes me wonder sometimes why we bothered to save your sorry asses the last world war.

Let's hope next time we get to vote on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
yeah - utterly deplorable - that the royal margarines managed to caputre all hostile - with zro causualties to chre , commandos or hostiles - and zero damage to ship

vessel sunk

all crew dead

all hostiles dead

2 USN vessels sunk

71 casuaties out of 90 man " rescue force " - only one of these = enemy action - with 29 " blue on blue " casualties

go merica

Boy you sure live up to your avatar name.....

OH ps in case you don't remeber, was navy seals that last saved a captain and crew from pirates w a bad ass blind shot THROUGH the emergency capsule.....

So take your hate and irrational bs somewhere else

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

vessel sunk

all crew dead

all hostiles dead

2 USN vessels sunk

go merica

Why did you only give us a rundown of what wouldve happened if American soldiers had attempted the same? Why didn't you give us any Other totally random unrelated nations?

When I first started reading it I thought this was gonna be fun, and youd give us humorous statistics about an assortment of our planet's militaries and we'd all share a laugh...

But, this... doesn't feel humorous at all... It really almost seems like what you really wanted to do was make your own thread, but for whatever reason you just didn't have the stones, so you just, found a random thread to rudely dump your off topic garbage in.

Sooo...
Wanna talk about what's Really troubling ignorant_ape?

Come on, now. We know this has nothing to do with America. Confesseth the truth out of thy mouth. And we'll all get through this together. Or shoot me a PM if you like. Tell me where it hurts. These thinly veiled cries for help just simply won't do on a site like this. We're too calloused here.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Carful now not all Americans have a sense of humour

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Is that what passes for humour in the UK these days? Hmm...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Is that what passes for humour in the UK these days? Hmm...

Yes we laugh at stuff like that.

If it offends your delicate American sensibilities tough...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Wow...

You scared some scared, defenseless human beings with big guns and angry British voices.

That's...so manly...Slow clap..

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

A group of men threaten a ship's crew in UK waters. What were the authorities meant to do? Stroll aboard bearing cucumber sandwiches and mugs of tea?
edit on 23-12-2018 by lacrimoniousfinale because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale
a reply to: SR1TX

A group of men threaten a ship's crew in UK waters. What were the authorities meant to do? Stroll aboard bearing cucumber sandwiches and mugs of tea?

Agreed. They stopped being defenceless human beings when they began threatening the crew with iron bars and knives. The thought of anyone like that gaining access to the bridge of a ship of that size does not bear thinking about.

The restraint shown by the SBS also goes to show something too.....whilst they have the ability to have dealt with it much more severely, it's a measured and controlled response.

Very much like what happened at Peterhead prison back in the day when the SAS were sent in to deal with the prison officer hostage.......they went in unarmed and gave a somewhat restrained response in order to get the job done.

It's not all about mass slaughter.....and I know this goes for a lot of SF's.

CX.
edit on 23/12/18 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Wow...

You scared some scared, defenseless human beings with big guns and angry British voices.

That's...so manly...Slow clap..

And what would you rather they done?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Offends me? Meh. Forgive me if I don't see the humour in the situation. Glad no one was hurt. SBS...well done.

top topics

join