It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Goodlatte Was to Release 3,400 pages of Spygate Transcripts. The FBI Stopped Him.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
December 22, 2018

Over the past 15 months, the House Judiciary Committee, headed by Congressman Bob Goodlatte, has interviewed many officials regarding the Spygate/FISA scandal. The most recent interviewee was President Obama's Attorney General, Loretta Lynch. (Interviewed 12/19/2018)

Because the committee will soon be run by Democrats, and the Spygate/FISA investigation terminated, Goodlatte wants to release all 3,400 pages of testimony transcripts to the public.

However, the FBI has stepped in and directed Chairman Goodlatte to not release them until after Special Counsel Bob Mueller has had a chance to remove anything that's "classified".

The FBI has responded to a request for declassification review of witness transcripts from the Joint House Committee headed by Chairman Bob Goodlatte. The FBI is refusing to comply with the declassification review; and, entirely as expected, outlines the decision-maker for releasing any testimony is ultimately Robert Mueller.

…proving, yet again, the purpose of the special counsel probe is to control and mitigate the risks from any investigative inquiry. This is how Robert Mueller protects the corrupt officials and corrupt institutions within government.

Despite the FBI or Bob Mueller's claims, don’t be tricked into thinking it’s about timing, and/or a workload, and/or the holidays.

How do we know this? The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) Chaired by Devin Nunes, made a similar request for release of their transcripts on September 26th, 2018. The ODNI, DOJ, FBI and Special Counsel have refused to comply for three months!
See FBI Letter to Goodlatte at: theconservativetreehouse.com... er/

Remember, the House investigations into DOJ, FBI, Hillary, etc.., will all come to an abrupt halt in 11 days...and be immediately replaced with investigations into any suspicions related to President Trump, as Democrats take control of every House committee.

Two things are totally out of whack here:

1.) Congress created, funds, and oversees the FBI, using our taxpayer dollars. To see the FBI telling Congress what to do, and Congress complying, is surreal and ass-backwards.

2.) President Trump's DOJ told him that if he orders a release of any Spygate-related documents, Bob Mueller would indict him on Obstruction of Justice. This essentially put Trump's Sept 2018 FISA/Spygate declassification order on ice.

What can be done to override a DOJ and FBI who is desperately trying to protect current and former high ranking officials, from being exposed as criminals?

-CareWeMust

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
What can anyone do when the FBI and DOJ are embedded with sh!t heads ? People found out when J. Edgar was head of the FBI that if you crossed him there would be hell to pay.

American justice has become an oxymoron for the rich and powerful..

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Somebody has to be brave enough to pour some DRANO on the sh!theads and dissolve them. But who?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, that's it... he really really wanted to release those transcripts -- REALLY AND TRULY! -- but those gosh darn FBI folks just won't let him. It's not like congress has the power to do anything about it, you know, like reform the very laws that allow and enable this abuse. To actually legislate in the best interests of the people. To write laws that would reform the broken system. Nope. Congress can't do that.

Except, of course they can! And should!!!

Trump has the power to declassify and release anything and everything. If Trump had any intention or desire to do so, it would have been done before the midterm elections. He would have used his "leverage" to keep the Dems from winning the elections. He sure as hell would do it before the new congress is sworn in. But he's not. Golly gee... why would that be?

Even if the FBI did make such a threat, Trump could pardon anyone he so chooses for any reason he so chooses.

Either no one's got dirt on anyone... or everyone has dirt on everyone. I'm going with the latter.
edit on 22-12-2018 by Boadicea because: corrected "and" to "on"

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I read some place or heard on the news (?) back when Trump wanted to release several different documents he was told by his advisors that Muller would charge him with obstruction of justice (as if Muller knew anything about non partisan justice)...

I do not know what the answer is with regards to the depths certain government agencies have sunk to run interference for a despicable criminal cabal. All I can say is I have come to believe they (leadership at DOJ, FBI) have done more to destroy my faith in equal justice under the law and sow the seeds of discontent for many years to come. Well for me anyway//
edit on 727ndk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me at all if such threats were made. I suppose we should expect it. I'm sure Mueller would certainly try. He's been dirty since forever and probably has as much as anyone to hide -- at least as much!

Honestly, I think the system has been compromised to such an extent that the guilty are protected -- starting with the gross lack of transparency in a justice system which is supposed to be transparent. So it's going to take someone with a big brass pair -- I don't care if it's testicles or ovaries -- to do the right thing for the right reasons and the consequences be damned.

I don't see any other way.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The only thing Trump can do is the same thing Obama did, what he should have been doing all along. Put people that are loyal and support your views in key slots then work through the ranks, replacing everyone that has different views with your own people. The problem for Trump is he's only been in politics a short time. He would have to raid his businesses to find loyal talent.

He has been choosing brilliant, capable people even if they don't support his views. Maybe he expects them to get on board when they start the job but so far, they have worked at cross purposes.

He should consider people a little less competent but more loyal. Obama proved that you can run a government with brainwashed idiots in all the top spots.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Somebody has to be brave enough to pour some DRANO on the sh!theads and dissolve them. But who?

I was hoping that man was Trump, but as time goes by that does NOT appear to be the case.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no fixing it without 'otherworldly' help.

Giant meteor 2020.

This is how I felt before the 16' election, then I had a modicum of hope when Trump won.

I am back to having no hope any 'man' will fix this.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A quote from the 1971 movie Billy Jack: “When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival.”

It perfectly fits the situation, as much today as it did in the Water-Gate days. In America there is very little true justice. Just a bunch of politicians covering their ass’s.
edit on 22-12-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Rage. If they want it, they have it. Rage.

They think, anything goes. But there needs to exist a stop, ultimate judge to call the odds.

Bring that judge in NOW.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
What can anyone do when the FBI and DOJ are embedded with sh!t heads ? People found out when J. Edgar was head of the FBI that if you crossed him there would be hell to pay.

American justice has become an oxymoron for the rich and powerful..

Yep no matter which party, Americans ought to be pushing for sweeping reforms in the FBI and DOJ. its rotten to the core and has forgotten its own mission statement.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Wow. That's a strange reading of the letter. The letter actually says that the FBI hasn't been given enough time to review the 3,400 pages of documents for "classified, sensitive, and personally identifiable information" before Goodlatte's deadline.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What can you do? You can get over it because they already determined that there was no spy gate and the FISA warrant was completely legal.
And you can realize that there are laws that need to be followed and that classified information needs to be protected if it involves a current DOJ investigation.
And last you can prepare to watch your hero be dethroned and disgraced though he will probably blame someone else anyway.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well SillyOlMe, it appears that you and I are living on the same planet, but interpret events totally differently. That's cool. I hope you're enjoying yours, as much as I am mine!

Back on topic: A little more info on how the FBI is stalling release of the 3,400 documents that chairman Goodlatte wants to get into the hands of the public.

Link - twitter.com...

edit on 12/22/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Either no one's got dirt on anyone... or everyone has dirt on everyone. I'm going with the latter.

I think it's more than just "dirt" (aka Blackmail Material). As Chuck Schumer told the President, the intelligence community will do what it needs to do, to stop ANYONE from double-crossing them. I presume the same applies to the Department of Justice/FBI.

A lot goes on behind the scenes to shape the reactions, actions, and lack of actions, that we in the public see from our "leaders".

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Boadicea
I read some place or heard on the news (?) back when Trump wanted to release several different documents he was told by his advisors that Muller would charge him with obstruction of justice (as if Muller knew anything about non partisan justice)...

You're correct. I mentioned it in the post that started this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Another encouraging thing is that acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker has been given the "green light" (again) by the DOJ to oversee the Mueller witch-hunt.

I want to see what Whitaker does after being fully briefed on Mueller's findings, investigations, status of the investigations, goals, etc.. next week.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Regnor

As the article in the first post points out, the FBI has been "scrubbing" key documents for 3 months, and still hasn't returned them to Congress for release to the public.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I think it's more than just "dirt" (aka Blackmail Material).

Of course! Which is probably also criminal. What other kind of "dirt" would there be?

A lot goes on behind the scenes to shape the reactions, actions, and lack of actions, that we in the public see from our "leaders".

Again, of course it does! And very little -- if anything -- they do is for the best interests of the people. And that has to stop. That's the point.

Trump has the power to do so. He can declassify anything he chooses to. He can pardon anyone he chooses to pardon. Trump could call for a National Whistleblower's Day and declare that anyone and everyone that spills their guts will be given a complete pardon...

Either Trump doesn't have the cajones to do what needs to be done. Or he's working hand-in-hand with the dirty critters. Either way, Trump is now just part of the problem. He's obviously not the solution. If he were, the Dems wouldn't be taking control of the House next month.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What can you do? You can get over it because they already determined that there was no spy gate and the FISA warrant was completely legal.
And you can realize that there are laws that need to be followed and that classified information needs to be protected if it involves a current DOJ investigation.
And last you can prepare to watch your hero be dethroned and disgraced though he will probably blame someone else anyway.

YOU posting about protecting classified information is a holiday treat!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join