It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who steps in once US forces are out of the Middle East?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

MAYBE, and I do hope just MAYBE, the people of the region will start back doing what they did before our government decided we could solve the world's problems. (many of which were of our own making)

MAYBE they will start handling their problems themselves. I have thought for a long time the world would be better if we would just get out of the way.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

That’s some pie in the sky stuff right there.

If it’s not the US getting involved it’s Russia, or China, or Iran.

Syria is a perfect example really, the civil war became a proxy US vs Russian war

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The world police? Oh wait that is America, ok the UN then maybe? I don’t know ask Israel I’m sure they have something in mind.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I send my sympathy's to the civilian populations of the areas affected.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The short answer is the same people who have lived there before they arrived.

A pointless exercise if ever there was one really.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Don't forget Saudi Arabia.

Edit to add link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already debunked as disinformation from conservativetreehouse.

The original article is from November.

It wasn't debunked at all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: Phage

That doesn’t matter either... Because Conservative treehouse

edit on 22122018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

Just saying.
edit on 22122018 by Wide-Eyes because: up

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Ummm...wrong...wrong...every response post so far is also wrong...

Who steps in to fill the void...?

Syria in conjunction with their ally Russia...

That's who steps in to that particular void...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The Op has asked who is going to step into that area of the world now that the US is withdrawing.

Russia has always had a strong interest in that part of the world, not just for the oil. In Syria, it is cause they have a military base there and it is strategic for their military interest. So they are going to step up operations there, giving the government of Syria all of the help it needs and then some, as long as they get some concessions.

Iran will want to ensure it is apart of the victory, to build alliances in the area, and thus will increase its operations in the area, and to ensure that those countries, like Iraq, join with it in Opec votes, to counter the Saudi's weight there. Turkey, will finally have its chance to get rid of a problem that it has seen for years, and take out a fellow group, in what will be described as a genocide, when they eliminate all, men, women and children, of the Kurd's. They will not stop with Syria, but also slight incursions into Iraq, and forcing those people to move further south.

Good chance that Isis, goes back underground, only to rear up, a bit stronger and in a far better position in the future, armed with all of the military equipment it has found left by, the USA.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The U.S. is pulling 2200 troops out of Syria & 7000 troops out of Afghanistan. Turkey is filling the vacuum in Syria and we still have 7000 troops remaining in Afghanistan out of 14000. Who says we're leaving the Middle East? We still have @ 50,000 troops remaining in the Middle East in Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Bahrain. I'm sure will continue to have drones flying over Syria & the rest of the world as well.
edit on 22-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Whatever the name of whoever goes, they won't enjoy legal impunity. Afghanistan and Iraq have added laws that make any private contractor beholden to their courts. Other countries will follow.

I say "just leave", don't come back. Send in the diplomats.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And Turkey...
www.americanthinker.com...

Turkey is not the only regional power that hates and fears ISIS. And the Kurds are not without allies besides the United States.

And, FTR....how many US troops are even in Syria ATM???

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It is incomprehensible to me that the left shouted cheers from every rooftop when Obama said he would pull troops out of the ME, and now that Trump wants to do it, this same left is screaming at the sky from every rooftop..."Orange man bad, orange man evil"!

They hypocrisy of the left knows no boundaries!!

Now to Blackwater; for Trump to send a company like BW into the ME there would have to be a budget, a budget proposed by the House and approved by the Senate. This budget would be known, and a matter of public information. Could Trump find some money to appropriate out of another budget before then? Sure, he probably could, but not for very long, and not a big enough budget to make any difference. But the American people would scream. The American people have lost the appetite for troops in the ME, republicans anyway, and dems, well, it seems they will do / say absolutely anything because...Orange man bad.

Is Blackwater a bunch of Mercenaries? Sure they are! Assassins even? Most likely. Is BW connected in government? Sure they are, but probably to about 75% of anyone who's anybody in DC (dems and republicans alike). But if the American taxpayer isn't footing the bill then WhoTF cares? Oh, but wait, I'm sure the dems will find some conspiracy in that too!

Do you guys realize how predictable you're getting?

Trump could establish a national holiday celebrating abortion...and you'd bitch..."Orange man bad"!

Trump could go full-retard in support of global warming...and you'd bitch..."Orange man up to something! Orange man bad"!

In fact, 'Orange man' could outlaw guns (completely)...and you'd bitch..."Orange man violates Constitution! Orange man bad'

He could give away free money (more than he already is)...and you'd bitch..."Orange man pandering to the rich! Orange man bad!"

Face it, there is simply NO policy, NO statement, NO action, which will satisfy you...NOTHING!

Because........ORANGE MAN BAD!

edit on 12/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Anyone else that feels like they need to?

No one is stopping anyone from "helping" in the middle east.

For all we know there are others that will be much more effective than the u.s.a. has been.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

New gun.

Watch they will be selling anew gun. Or an old gun with the blackwater brand on it.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
These middle eeasterns have been doing this for a long time.

U.s. gone. Just more fighting among others.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join