It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowdfunded Border wall reaches 14 million in less than a week. WOW

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And I'm saying that people in congress are trying to do something.

They sure like saying they are, at least.

Tone down the ego for minute, you don't have to have the last word.

You're right, I don't. Pointing out that you're going all over the place to try and make a point isn't me trying to have the last word. But please, keep posting over and over again while decrying your perception of others' need for the last word.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Under the Treasury's gift-giving policy, any money from the GoFundMe would funnel into a general money pot. Without an appropriation from Congress, you can't earmark money in the Treasury for the border wall.

Under U.S. law, Homeland Security would not be able to accept the money directly, without Congress.

"At that point, absent a gift fund authorization from Congress, the money would have to be handed over to the Treasury," Howell Jackson, a professor of Law at Harvard Law School who has also consulted the U.S. Treasury, said. "Were DHS officials to spend the funds, they would risk running afoul the Anti-Deficiency Act, which carries criminal penalties. As to how the funds would be spent once deposited with the treasury, that’s difficult to say because tracing is hard.

Last year GOP Congresswoman Diane Black introduced a bill to allow crowd-funding for the wall—but it carried with it all sorts of national security issues and never made it out of committee.

So we can Verify, no, it’s extremely unlikely the money will go towards building a border wall, without Congress’ okay.

With the Democrats controlling the purse strings come January, there's no way the money will be appropriated for the wall.

The gofundme funders just handed over money to Democrats.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Or the monies will just be spent purchasing properties on the border, which can then be given to the government for a certain purpose.

Entirely legal and done all the time.

Or technically, purchasing easements on border properties, to get around the eminent domain fight coming up.

I often wonder why people can't reach a logical conclusion to a problem.

So there you go.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Or the monies will just be spent purchasing properties on the border, which can then be given to the government for a certain purpose.

Or technically, purchasing easements on border properties, to get around the eminent domain fight coming up.

So there you go.

You're assuming that people want to sell. Or that they'll want to sell for the wall. They won't get the parcels bought up by the Cards Against Humanity company.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
98% of Americans are not in any way negatively affected by immigrants from Mexico. People are buying into something that is not a reality.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I want to be able to go to the real Mexico...the one with the respectful solidly faith based people who are warn and welcoming….not the crime ridden den of criminals we see today.....the Wall will pin them in and the Mexican people can then clean house...they are a GOOD PEOPLE...they are being poorly represented by criminals....I wonder why the church Is so powerless to assist positive change in a Country with so many Faith based people in it...maybe this is the root of the evil .

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: notsure1

So that money would, logically speaking, go to the house for dispersion.

Do you think they would put it toward a wall?

What do you think the final gift would be after the GoFundMe cut and taxes?

This whole idea is ludicrous.

Every single day Americans are being killed, raped, kidnapped and killed in car accidents by people never supposed to be there.

The amount of money to prosecute and jail people never supposed to be there is starting to bankrupt the system.

What do you suggest?

A wall would start paying for itself 10 fold

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
98% of Americans are not in any way negatively affected by immigrants from Mexico. People are buying into something that is not a reality.

You could not be more wrong....

98% lol

There are more people driving on roads and bridges then tax payers contributing to their maintenance. That is why infrastructure is way passed its limits in America.

Money for illegals or money to update lead water pipes?

Infrastructure effects a lot of citizens

In ny there are an a average of five students in a classroom of 28 who have parents who contribute to school tax.

This has caused taxes to go up effecting a lot of citizens

Then if you look at the current population of illegal aliens currently in jail . These are all examples of crimes that could have been prevented.

Examples of money that could have been saved instead of paying to prosecute and jail people never supposed to be there.

Then the nice quiet ones who want to work are just taking jobs away from Americans.
Ok, there are jobs Americans dont want, not true but it's the argument.

Unlike immigrants of the past, they constantly send a damaging portion of their pay directly out of the country.

Dont have time even to get into the medical aspect.

The u.s. and liberals do a great job of spreading the mess out and whitewashing everything. Dont be so fooled.
It's been a problem so long, its almost too late.

The u.s. has a central American refugee crisis at their border and in their country. Time to have Canada and others take a few hundred thousand .

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So there you go.

but on the front page of the fund me that wheels has set up it says the money is going to go directly to the wall.

buying easements and property and other things does not sound like directly to the wall to me.

• 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.

• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Biggest bunch of dumbasses around.

First, crowdfunding for what should be a government project which is already based on our freaking taxation/theft.

Secondly, go ahead and build the walls to your own imprisonment. Walls also keep people IN.

Fools; every single one.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Pretty much anyone with any sense at all knows this border wall idea is stupid and will be a ginormous waste of money. But let's be honest. This isn't about 'border security'. This is about Trump building a monument to himself. yea, I know, you don't like that but it is absolutely true. So let's do the practical thing. Instead of wasting $25-35B on a stupid wall, let's spend $15M to build a huge statue to Trump somewhere. That way Trump get's his monument and all you sycophants get a place to go where you can have your Trump rallies, kiss the statue, and rub yourselves all over it. It's a win-win. The rest of the money saved will delay the economic collapse of the country and maybe some get used to do some good.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

This is about Trump building a monument to himself. yea, I know, you don't like that but it is absolutely true.

Agreed , it's a vanity project and permanent marker to himself ... a folly.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

You're insane...

Most illegals are here via overstaying their visa. They will continue to do so, and a wall will never pay for itself.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

But ONLY 260k people have donated. Not that many once you consider that 62 million people voted for trump.

Why arn't any of those other people donating I wonder?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Biggest bunch of dumbasses around.

First, crowdfunding for what should be a government project which is already based on our freaking taxation/theft.

Secondly, go ahead and build the walls to your own imprisonment. Walls also keep people IN.

Fools; every single one.

agreed.
this really shows how stupid/blind these trump supporters are

trump campaigns on this stupid wall and says mexico is going to pay for it.
he convinced all these dumb asses that the wall is needed and mexico is going to pay.

didnt happen

so now these same dumb asses are donating money to this gofundme.
money beyond the taxes they already pay of course

they are donating money that will go 'directly' to the wall even though it will not go directly to the wall.

hahahahahahahahaha

trump lies to everyone but they are so convinced and blind in their support that they are going to give even more money to a thing that is not going to happen.

bwuahahahahaah

i love it so much

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We need private living communities ran and governed by its citizens. Only if we could figure out a way to govern ourselves and take the power away from the corrupt politicians. Also wall go fund me yada yada.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Every day people are being murdered by guns, I don’t hear you morons saying something needs to be done about that. Hypocrites one and all. Statistically speaking. My biggest fear should be of my fellow white people with a gun. Not a middle eastern terrorists, not a Mexican, not a scary black man. I need to fear crazed white people. Statistically speaking. I wonder, what would happen if the garden variety rwnj awoke one morning with no one to fear or hate? Now that would be something to see. a reply to: Bloodworth

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Mexico said "We no pay for wall" so Trump says "We no pay Federal employees". Worked out well.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: JinMI

So that money would, logically speaking, go to the house for dispersion.

Do you think they would put it toward a wall?

What do you think the final gift would be after the GoFundMe cut and taxes?

This whole idea is ludicrous.

Every single day Americans are being killed, raped, kidnapped and killed in car accidents by people never supposed to be there.

The amount of money to prosecute and jail people never supposed to be there is starting to bankrupt the system.

What do you suggest?

A wall would start paying for itself 10 fold

You're ignoring the issue I outlined. There is no way to get the fraction of the money that will be raised to its intended use.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I wonder, what would happen if the garden variety rwnj awoke one morning with no one to fear or hate?

Isn't it ironic, given all your posts?

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join