It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowdfunded Border wall reaches 14 million in less than a week. WOW

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Now I challenge any and all to donate to something in the spirit of the season.

We talking the "true" spirit of the season or what?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Here's an idea:

They build the wall In exchange for a path to citizenship. After a thorough background check, of course.

Cool. Then Trump can stiff'em with no citizenship, much like his unpaid workers.

Might be bad to have a path via payment (work exchange) but then that fits right in with the spirit of America.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

And it doesn't have to cost an arm and leg, .

good thing for wheels huh?

ooohhhhhhhh

god damn edgelord

Go on. Your turn. Show me something you believe in. Or are you a sad shell of pessimism?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Here's an idea:

They build the wall In exchange for a path to citizenship. After a thorough background check, of course.

Cool. Then Trump can stiff'em with no citizenship, much like his unpaid workers.

Might be bad to have a path via payment (work exchange) but then that fits right in with the spirit of America.

The left wants them to clean their toilets and mow their lawns. At least construction pays better.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Now I challenge any and all to donate to something in the spirit of the season.

We talking the "true" spirit of the season or what?

I'm saying donate to a cause that you believe in, in the spirit of giving. I've done so already, besides the wall donation

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ausername
I find it somewhat amusing how liberals seem to always believe they know best what people should do with their own hard earned money. In fact they'd take it all from everyone if they could and distribute it as they see fit.

I find it amusing people are stupid enough to throw their money away like this, how much did you donate?

I too find it funny that there are people stupid enough to go into massive debt in college just for a degree that isn't marketable, but easy to acquire.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I googled the cost of the border wall per foot and found this reference that says that the cost for 75 miles of wall would be 2.6 billion dollars or a little over 34 million dollars per mile of wall.

So the crowd source will fund about 1/3 of a mile so far.

I would prefer that my tax dollars to be used for something useful, rather than the wall so I like the crowd funding idea so that the people who think a wall is good can pay for it.

They have a long way to go

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Here's an idea:

The left wants them to clean their toilets and mow their lawns. At least construction pays better.

You don't think right winger have yard guys?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Here's an idea:

I would donate to the wall if they also cracked down on greedy employers hiring them in the first place.
It needs to be a two pronged attack. Allowing them in legally brings us back to square one with the cheap labor express hiring them.
edit on 22-12-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

It seems that the cheap labor market is not going away. That's why the wall is not a priority. The country is not longer about the citizens. It is not a one sided political party situation.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: notsure1

Everyone paying into this is being played for a fool!

Whoever this is doing this is going to walk away a rich person and make all others look stupid.

I can’t wait for the conclusion of this venture.

The one that started it may give 10% to the wall.
He is entitled to the rest since he put in the effort and initiative to get it started.
Don't like it, go start your own gofundme.

Sarcasm alert.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
14 Million?

Well, as they say, there's a sucker born every day

In this case every minute

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: MorpheusUSA

The wall would cost quite a bit more than 5 billion. That's just pays of the construction company owners profit.

If the government pays for it, you are looking at tripling the cost since politicians will pass the job off to their crony connections to build it so they all get a cut.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And we know the government will pay top dollar for less then acceptable work. You can be the wall builders are thinking cash cow.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Cool at that rate they will have the five billion some time in August of 2025 or 6.8 years from now give or take...

With inflation, that 5 billion will be worth 1 billion and the costs have increased so you will now need 15 billion.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It seems that the cheap labor market is not going away. That's why the wall is not a priority. The country is not longer about the citizens. It is not a one sided political party situation.

Agreed.
The gig was up when they said we still want them to come work for greedy employers, we just want to cut everything else out.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

clear as mud....
Im not afraid of walls or ceilings either... Or roller coasters for that matter.

What is clear is that trump is an old man with old fashioned ideas like barriers the chinese built a few hundred years ago.
The money could be better spent on technology to guard the border rather than a stupid wall that can be climbed over or dug under.

Israel has a heavily guarded border wall with the latest technology and still tunnels are discovered all the time and people get through. Imagine the undiscovered tunnels?

To even rival Israel, we would need a guard shack manned by a guard every mile or so after the wall is built.
That also includes maintenance and repair. The costs to guard this wall 24/7 would be huge.

What is the pay an illegal gets here where they are willing to cross illegally into our country for work?
$20,000? $30,000 under the table?

Would anyone be willing to figure out a way to get past this wall for 10,000 if the government gave the nod for testing purposes?

I would jump to the chance.

So, an illegal making that or more to get into this country would to.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They are working with lawyers and people from the WH to ensure that the money only goes to the wall.

Lol, you trust our government with your money?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Byrd

As it turns out, the government CAN accept the money but Homeland Security can't (as a department.) It would get put into a general fund, and could not actually be earmarked for any purpose

This is not the first time someone's tried this and run up against the same thing. This group also tried to crowdfund the wall and has run up against problems. I'm not sure where that money's going.

Byrd its fine
calm it down

wheels has a contact high up in the trump administration filled with all the best people.
wheels was told that the money will go directly to the wall

let them donate

Yeah, I saw that. I was amused because it sounds like a bribe. It wouldn't even be available as a campaign contribution since it's from an individual (I'm not sure about the rules for donations from organizations.) But in any case, Trump would have to buy all the property along the border before he could personally put up a wall. If he did that, though, he would have to buy government property ... and so forth for a lot of other issues.

I noticed that the other effort that I linked was shipping a partial payment to a sheriff's office (according to that website.) Haven't heard anything else about it.

Popcorn time?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Britain would build a wall.
Our border force is in Belgium and France controlling entry.
We have got a recent problem of people refusing to claim asylum in France crossing the Channel in small boats though.

Britain already built a wall (Hadrian's) and it didn't do much good back then... and that was with the highly efficient Roman Army defending it.

But just look at all the jobs Hadrian's wall created!

I know! Just ask the Scots! And ask the Romans about the fun of building that wall!

(side note: I've actually walked on top of it and visited one of the forts. Pretty amazing structure.)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join