It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowdfunded Border wall reaches 14 million in less than a week. WOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Britain would build a wall.
Our border force is in Belgium and France controlling entry.
We have got a recent problem of people refusing to claim asylum in France crossing the Channel in small boats though.

Britain already built a wall (Hadrian's) and it didn't do much good back then... and that was with the highly efficient Roman Army defending it.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

As it turns out, the government CAN accept the money but Homeland Security can't (as a department.) It would get put into a general fund, and could not actually be earmarked for any purpose

This is not the first time someone's tried this and run up against the same thing. This group also tried to crowdfund the wall and has run up against problems. I'm not sure where that money's going.

Byrd its fine
calm it down

wheels has a contact high up in the trump administration filled with all the best people.
wheels was told that the money will go directly to the wall

let them donate

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

We have got a recent problem of people refusing to claim asylum in France crossing the Channel in small boats though.

Britain already built a wall (Hadrian's) and it didn't do much good back then... and that was with the highly efficient Roman Army defending it.

Good for the construction industry building big walls, keep loads of people in work.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: notsure1

So that money would, logically speaking, go to the house for dispersion.

Do you think they would put it toward a wall?

What do you think the final gift would be after the GoFundMe cut and taxes?

This whole idea is ludicrous.

They are working with lawyers and people from the WH to ensure that the money only goes to the wall.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure where that money's going.

I will go to blow up some goat herder in the ME because some other guy's wife's sister's husband told a CIA guy there were terrorist hanging around his hut.

The Pentagon has proven it's pretty good at losing very large sums of money. This will be a piece of cake.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Funny a GoFundMe for Flint Michigan water or universal healthcare wouldn't do near as well.

Was there ever one set up?

What happened to the celebrities that said they'd help?

And, more than likely, the Democrats there would just see another cookie jar.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Funny a GoFundMe for Flint Michigan water or universal healthcare wouldn't do near as well.

king of the deflection is back in action

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They are working with lawyers and people from the WH to ensure that the money only goes to the wall.

People are going to believe that group? haha. Bless their hearts.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They can "work with lawyers and people from the WH" all they want, but DHS can't take the money unless Congress allows it.

ETA - don't bother asking for sources, there are a number of hyperlinks in that article that go to relevant portions of the GAO's rules and regulations, the US Code, etc.
edit on 22-12-2018 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Everyone paying into this is being played for a fool!

Whoever this is doing this is going to walk away a rich person and make all others look stupid.

I can’t wait for the conclusion of this venture.

I wish I would have started the Go Fund Me page but I totally agree that anyone who donates are giving their money away. Trump's followers are not the brightest bunch.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

But just look at all the jobs Hadrian's wall created!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

king of the deflection is back in action

You've crowned yourself now?

When did this happen?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

People are going to believe that group? haha. Bless their hearts.

Why would Trump want the bad press of not using the money for what it was intended?
edit on 22-12-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

They can "work with lawyers and people from the WH" all they want, but DHS can't take the money unless Congress allows it.

ETA - don't bother asking for sources, there are a number of hyperlinks in that article that go to relevant portions of the GAO's rules and regulations, the US Code, etc.

Cool.

Good thing someone introduced HR 7207 and the Border Wall Bonds Act to circumvent that.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
here big daddy trumpy poo

since you lied and said mexico is going to pay for the wall and theyre not let me donate some of my money.

wheels has talked to someone from your administration and they super duper promised all the money is going to go directly to the wall and NOT a gold toilet seat and a big mac!!!

hahahahahah

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

here big daddy trumpy poo

since you lied and said mexico is going to pay for the wall and theyre not let me donate some of my money.

wheels has talked to someone from your administration and they super duper promised all the money is going to go directly to the wall and NOT a gold toilet seat and a big mac!!!

hahahahahah

Why are you being an asshole by calling this man wheels.

You really need to get off the computer and work on not being sad with yourself.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

cause i wanted to see how long it would take one of you to make a comment like that.

it started with another member kind of hinting to the fact that since he is a combat vet amputee he must be a honest - stand up(feel me shamrock) guy.

my basic point was just cause he is a vet does not mean he is honest

i made a joke and decided to run with it(feel me shamrock)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would think most of the jobs on the wall would go to illegals because they can be paid a lower wage. A few manager/owners will get rich and the government will be paying a regular construction worker wage of which a chunk will be pocketed by the company.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

cause i wanted to see how long it would take one of you to make a comment like that.

it started with another member kind of hinting to the fact that since he is a combat vet amputee he must be a honest - stand up(feel me shamrock) guy.

my basic point was just cause he is a vet does not mean he is honest

i made a joke and decided to run with it(feel me shamrock)

Lame excuse to hide your bitter sadness. Classic sign when you wanna take it out on individuals.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Cool.

Good thing someone introduced HR 7207 and the Border Wall Bonds Act to circumvent that.

Cool.

They've got 11 days to get it out of Committee, where it's sat for nearly a month, and passed before Democrats take control of the house. Granted, Congress can't even get a spending bill passed right now, but I'm sure they'll put that stuff ahead of keeping the government open.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join