It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowdfunded Border wall reaches 14 million in less than a week. WOW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
holy crap. a Gofundme page set up less than a week ago called "We The People Will Fund The Wall" with a goal of 1 billion dollars to build a wall on the southern border has reached 14 million dollars .

IN 6 DAYS.

They keep trying to tell us Trump is losing support . lol 14 million in a week .

at that rate in roughly a year and a half we will have our wall .

Sry cant post the Gofundme link but you can google it.

On a side note. I paid $1.94 for gas today. Ty Trump.
edit on 21-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

So that money would, logically speaking, go to the house for dispersion.

Do you think they would put it toward a wall?

What do you think the final gift would be after the GoFundMe cut and taxes?

This whole idea is ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
I dont know but damm its entertaining.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ummmm. so this gofund me page, is it made by someone who is going to run off with all the money? Sounds like a great way to win the lotto. It wouldn't be the first gofundme that was a scam.

How many things in the past have been put on the news that are later found to be scams. Nobody checks whether something is legit anymore in media.
edit on 21-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Ummmm. so this gofund me page, is it made by someone who is going to run off with all the money? Sounds like a great way to win the lotto. It wouldn't be the first gofundme that was a scam.

I imagine with that much money there will be alot of "checks and balances"

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I imagine with that much money there will be alot of "checks and balances"

Our government does not monitor these things, chances are nothing has been filed with the government at all. I knew people who started gofundme pages, there was no paperwork, but there is some government crosschecking going on for people on assistance, that I know. If you do not get any assistance at all, there is nothing from what I read when I went to check out the stuff on a gofundme site to see how hard it is for people to scam this. After reading about it I figured I would never ever donate to a gofundme.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Well I've always heard the expression 'vote with your wallet.'

Don't mind if I do!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

1.94/gal? Where? It'd almost be worth the drive... 2.87/gal here in SE Washington.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

1.94/gal? Where? It'd almost be worth the drive... 2.87/gal here in SE Washington.

KC.. With my local grocery store discount it was 1.76$

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Funny a GoFundMe for Flint Michigan water or universal healthcare wouldn't do near as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Everyone paying into this is being played for a fool!

Whoever this is doing this is going to walk away a rich person and make all others look stupid.

I can’t wait for the conclusion of this venture.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Jesus! I am planning a road trip out there next spring but I am only paying 2.20 here in CO.

ETA: who else remembers $4-5 back in 2012??

And sorry Europeans, I know you still pay that much or more..
edit on 22-12-2018 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

How many things in the past have been put on the news that are later found to be scams. Nobody checks whether something is legit anymore in media.

There are multiple people running this scam right now. But the largest one is being run by a disabled Air Force vet (he lost an arm and 2 legs in the line of duty), who uses that disabled status to entice people to donate. The guy in question has had a history of running various scams and being involved in shady practices since he was discharged from the service.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Um!!!
lets start a new post.
how much do you pay for Gas?
OR ! how to derail a post.............

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There are stretches of road that is sponsored by people/business/companies.

We got 2,000 miles of border.

Just have people buy a mile or 100 feet and put up a wall.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: JinMI
I dont know but damm its entertaining.

What's damn entertaining is that we've gone from Mexico paying for a wall to "hey lets all chip in a few bucks and pay for it ourselves!"

And some of y'all think that's a good thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would like to see that money spent on forcing a vote. I would like to see the people of the world learn exactly who we are without the media or some Men in Suits doing the things that has kicked this can down the road for 40 years.

Vote YES!! On Federal Prop1!!..... Paid for by Build the Wall now!
Can't ya just see the ads now..... Vote no or your a racist.... Vote yes or your a traitor.
It would be well worth doing..... for a lot of reasons.
The politicians fearing that people could start wanting to vote on all kinds of things and listening to them getting on TV telling everyone it is a bad idea to allow citizens to vote on how their tax dollars get spent.

14 million dollars might not be enough to build a wall..... but I bet it is enough to force a ballot.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
At this rate they'll reach their 5 billion goal (1/5th of the estimated initial cost) in 2025! That's assuming the donations don't slow down. They will. And money can not be given to the government for a specific purpose. It'll be general funds, AKA money in their pockets. Especially since he will no longer be president.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

There are multiple people running this scam right now. But the largest one is being run by a disabled Air Force vet (he lost an arm and 2 legs in the line of duty), who uses that disabled status to entice people to donate. The guy in question has had a history of running various scams and being involved in shady practices since he was discharged from the service.

This is a pretty damming statement to make, especially with no examples of the "scams" this disabled vet has participated in. Do you have any idea of the amount of rehabilitation and downright mental fortitude it takes to recover from losing 3 limbs ?! Could it just be possible that this Man, who already has given so much for his Country, just wanted to use his status to continue serving ?

This GoFundMe is very high profile, doesn't really make sense it's some sort of scam on his part. I find it heartwarming that he and many others have decided to stand up ( deeper symbolism for him ) and try and be a part of the solution to Border Security. A Wall, an architecturally designed Fence, whatever you want to call it, along with new technology do keep the Country Safer. It's Symbolic as much as Practical, the People who Live here care about this Land !

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
4chan are paying for the wall? Lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join