It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Border Wall End Game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Earlier this year, a lot of Trump supporters, myself included, were fairly unhappy with a massively bloated omnibus bill he signed. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why he would do that... it was the closest I had seen to him breaking a campaign promise.

This week, we found out why. Thursday morning, he tweeted that he had been promised border funding by the end of the year.

Seems like Trump fell for the same trick Reagan had pulled on him back in the 80s. He was promised tight border security in exchange for granting amnesty for illegal aliens in the country. The amnesty was granted, then the funding for the border dried up. But there's one big difference between then and now: Reagan complained, but Trump has set his foot down. He wants his funding, and he plans to get it.

It all seemed to come to the forefront on the 11th, when in a meeting with Pelosi and Schumer, Trump declared that he would not sign any resolution that did not include funding for the border, including $5B for the border wall. He even stated that if the Congress sent him such a resolution, he would veto it even though it meant shutting down the government, and then said he would even 'own' it if it came to that. Well, we all know what happened next: The Senate passed a CR to fund the government through February, then the House attached an amendment granting Trump $5.7B. The Senate then refused to agree on the House bill, and the government, at least part of it, will be shut down just under an hour from now. Trump never even had a bill make it to his desk.

But that's not all the news this week...

We also found out that Trump is withdrawing troops from Syria, declaring the ISIS threat defeated. In terms of their caliphate, they are defeated; in terms of their association, they will never be defeated until the last one dies of old age. OK, I can go along with that... we shouldn't have been there in the first place, and it sounds to me (MSM notwithstanding) that the administration is simply transitioning to another phase of operation rather than actually leaving completely. But then, shocker, Mad Dog Mattis resigns! The rumor mil is alive with reports that the reason is over a disagreement in removing troops from Syria. That doesn't sound like Mad Dog.

But... and this is what I want to discuss... what if the timing is not coincidental? Just humor me a minute here.

Donald Trump is not the Devil incarnate, but neither is he a saint. He's a businessman, used to dealing in a cutthroat market. Just as the Congress fails to get him promised funding, he brings a load of troops home. I am thinking he chose to withdraw over the border issue. As Commander-in-Chief, Trump can order the military to build a wall and use military funding which has already been passed. All he needs to do is have one major incident involving illegal aliens that crossed the border. Just one.

So what does our government do when they need something to happen? Do they wait for it to happen? No, they arrange for it to happen. So, barring an agreement on the border funding (which I do not see happening), here's what I do see happening:
  • Sometime around the end of February (Mad Dog's retirement date) there will be a false flag operation wherein the perpetrators will be illegal aliens who crossed into the country over the southern border.

• Mad Dog will retire, getting out of Dodge while the getting is good, and Trump will appoint a temporary SoD while his actual pick is being vetted.

• Trump will redouble his efforts to call for a wall, using the false flag to stir up sympathy for his border wall.

• The Democratic House as well as the gridlocked Senate, will again refuse funding the wall.

• Trump will use the false flag, the American peoples' sympathy, and the Congress' refusal to pass any legislation, to call a National Emergency.

• Under a declaration of a National Emergency, the courts themselves will have extremely limited power to stop him from proceeding.

• Trump will order the Corps of Engineers to construct his border wall.

The outcome will be that Trump gets his wall, his popularity will go up, and both the Judiciary and the Congress will be shut out of the decision.

That's what I am seeing anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As Commander-in-Chief, Trump can order the military to build a wall and use military funding which has already been passed.

$250 million of the 2019 DOD budget has been allocated to border security (and pertaining specifically to ISIS). It would take Congressional approval to reallocate other funding.

Do you think Trump's false flag will result in casualties?

edit on 12/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Good enough scenario as any...

However, did they not just moments ago pull some Senate rules out of their ass where now Trump, Pence and the majority leaders are going to a special session?

Heard it on the radio driving in and don't know the particulars as I am not up on all the odd Senate rules.

So I don't think the three branches fight is over just yet....

edit on 21-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As Commander-in-Chief, Trump can order the military to build a wall and use military funding which has already been passed.

$250 million of the 2019 DOD budget has been allocated to border security (and pertaining specifically to ISIS). It would take Congressional approval to reallocate other funding.

There is one trillion in discretionary funds that has already been approved a few months ago for our government to use.

Since it has already been approved by Congress, do you not think that Trump can use some of it at his discretion?

edit on 21-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not under a National Emergency. Trump would basically be declaring martial law so far as the emergency is concerned, giving him and the military much greater temporary powers. Since the wall construction stage is temporary by nature, that's all he needs.

Plus there's much more than just border funds allocated to the military. See Luminari's post above.

I certainly hope not.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

it would have to.

and if Trump is anything else than same old, same old, he won't go that route.

one can see it as a test for his true allegiance.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Trump would basically be declaring martial law so far as the emergency is concerned, giving him and the military much greater temporary powers
Let him declare martial law then. What a good idea.

Since the wall construction stage is temporary by nature, that's all he needs.
I thought the whole point was that it's permanent. A Trump legacy.

I certainly hope not.
What's a false flag without casualties?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Let him declare martial law then.

Why? A National Emergency would do just as well.

I thought the whole point was that it's permanent.

Really? You thought the construction stage was permanent? Wow, have you never seen a construction project completed?

The house I am in was completed in about a year... that was 50+ years ago and it's still here.

What's a false flag without casualties?

Are you saying you want casualties?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Why? A National Emergency would do just as well.
Then why bring up martial law? But a president's actions during a national emergency are not unlimited. en.wikipedia.org...

The house I am in was completed in about a year... that was 50+ years ago and it's still here.
Mine too.

Are you saying you want casualties?
No. And I don't want a wall either.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The wall will never be built or funded.

It would solve the problem, potentially.

Politicians don't want to solve problems. They want to perpetuate them in order to raise funds to find "solutions" that will never happen.

In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hmmmm.

I would like to see a comprehensive list of things the government has done right. The first time.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Making people poorer.

*boom*

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What I have a big problem with is that this President WANTS to work through his list of campaign promises. I know this is like crazy talk, but the wall was a signature promise he made, AND I hate to say it, but he won...

This is not about a wall, it is about not allowing Trump to complete what he PROMISED to the people that voted him into office. We all know we need border security and it seems many in congress want to have that fail as long as Trump fails...

Much of what Trump wants was also things that Obama talked about, said he wanted, but never went after. Now Trump truly wants to make these things happen and NOW it is all bad. When Obama can throw 100 billions to the wind as part of his failed stimulus package we have congress willing to let a partial shutdown happen over 5 billion.

edit on 21-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Touche`

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Politicians don't want to solve problems. They want to perpetuate them in order to raise funds to find "solutions" that will never happen.

In my opinion.

You are of course correct...

In the private sector businesses are built to supply a demand, to offer a service or product and if it is needed, said business expands and makes money.

In the public sector, government cannot really offer a service or product effectively.

So what politicians do instead is offer a solution to something.

Something that they can get lobbyists to pay them for, something that donors will contribute to, something that they can get voters to approve of.

So their business model is to expand their own power, their own "brand" so that they can continue to make more money and power.

Actually SOLVING the problem is not in the best interest of a politician at ALL... especially for a politician who has positioned their particular brand to now extend to their family members, thus enriching the family more... as long as it is never solved.

This is why we have political dynasties now.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

All great points, but potus isn't a politician by trade, and expanding his power is pretty moot at this point. He seems interested in actually solving a few problems, and if OP id's right he's got the power to do it- just not the sort of these loser life time leeching politicians.
If he needs to, he can go over their heads.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In my opinion.

A wall is basically a big, stylized, and especially racist statue.

We know how some people feel about statues these days...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

No. And I don't want a wall either.

That makes a grand total of......

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't see it as a fail on Trump's part. At least we have a president who recognizes what America needs.

After Trump, who's to say if we will ever have that again.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
He needn't have to have a "false flag" incident. Declare a national emergency, such as in the aftermath of a hurricane, or something of that nature...

Human wave migration, or the threat of it, should qualify.

A wall is not something I'm comfortable with. Increased border patrol/military presence is preferable to my mind.

But that'll be every bit as unpopular as the "wall" is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join