It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Actually Buying F-15Xs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight
He may well be right in many respects about the F-35 and how the program has been managed. But did he stop and think about how well the Boeing effort on the KC-46 tanker was going before he opened his mouth? People in glass houses and stuff.....

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

I was about to say the same thing tbh.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

There was a good/great argument foe canceling the program in a five-year window or so from 2007-12, give or take. It was a colossal # up.
I don't think anyone is thrilled with LM's management of the program (or the former heads running the program on the customers ' side).

But right now there's no way to get a better tac fighter for less money anywhere in the world. F-35 prices are undercutting some of the latest legacy purchases, which is ridiculous, and the price will continue to fall as the program keeps chugging along. The 20+ years of seed and development money is gone forever. It's sunk costs. Shouldn't factor this late in the game.

It's like saying noone should have bought filament lightbulbs in 60's because it took Edison thousands of attempts to develop.

Also, as you state, odd what programs didn't get thrashed...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
spot on

So odds on Shanahan getting the nod for SecDef? I don't see Trump picking Webb.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join