It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Partial Government Shutdown Will Begin at Midnight

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The world is thankful to your wife.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
13 hours into the government shutdown and Gwyneth Paltrow still hasn't returned any of my calls.

I fear the worst.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
13 hours into the government shutdown and Gwyneth Paltrow still hasn't returned any of my calls.

I fear the worst.

If you are not sure that some task or process is worth it stop doing it for 60 days and at the end of 60 days if no one cares then stop doing it forever....

I think we should have a 60 day Government shut down... Lets call it weeding the yard.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Zugzwang ... a word only chess enthusiasts would know...
Or fans of Criminal Minds which is where I learned the word.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
damn the partial let's get a permanent fully "shut down" government

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Jinmi checking in.

Just got back from my second to last trip of Christmas shopping and I can report that everything is a o k.

I expected panic, horror and disarray. It's like no one told all those people that the gov't is shut down!!!!

I'm convinced they were all anti crisis actors. Phoning Alex Jones.

To be continued.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Man ... it was hard. We went out to lunch at a BYO pizza place, and I didn't have the choice of sun dried tomatoes. I fear Armageddon may finally be nigh. I had to compensate with roasted red pepper instead. At least they did still have roasted garlic, so I loaded up on that and used it to clear my way when shopping later on.

... I think, although I could be mistaken, that there could be something to this vast rightwing conspiracy of another economy, a shadowy thing called the private sector that labors on without *gasp* the government to direct it ...
edit on 22-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Shutdown to Continue as Senate Adjourns Until Thursday

As talks dragged on between Congress and President Donald Trump over funding for his border wall, the U.S. Senate adjourned Saturday afternoon, with no plans to meet until Thursday.

A partial government shutdown, which began at 12:01 a.m. Saturday, was triggered by Congress' inability to agree on a funding measure to keep the government open. The shutdown affected more than 800,000 federal employees, more than half of whom will continue to work without pay.
😂

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As talks dragged on..

I wonder what they're talking about? I wonder what the conversation sounds like?

Pres. Trump: Give me the money I want for the wall.
Congressional Rep: No.

edit on 22-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Brilliant !!

🤣🤣🤣

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

More like Trump saying, "Nancy, I have the votes in the House."

Pelosi: "No you don't. You don't have the votes in the House!"

Bill passes House easily.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
President Trump has said for a few years that America needs a lengthy shut-down of the government. He understands that it's easier to trim dead branches when the wind is not blowing.

Having worked in both Federal and State government, I'd say 60%-70% of non-military employees could be removed, with no adverse effect on important support functions.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like the idea of this trend, of trying to figure out the dialogue of how the "talks went on...." might unfold.

I mean, where is the give and take going to come from? What does Trump have to offer the opposition in exchange for caving in the eyes of their base? A clean DACA bill? What's really at stake?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The More You Know!

Look at these brief clips of Obama and Schumer passionately stating why we need strong southern-border security and a 700 mile physical barrier to secure that border properly!

Clip #1: twitter.com...

Clip #2:

Bullsh'itting us Senator Schumer!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

nunChuck and the zer0Bama

🤓↪️jealous numbrains↩️🤓

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
All of you that are joking about not being effected by the shutdown deserve a little slap back to reality. I bet if you were one of millions of military personnel coming to work without pay your attitudes would change. Most of you must have the "doesn't effect me so I don't care attitude". While the military normally receives back pay after the shutdown our bills do not stop, we still must feed our families, and put gas in our vehicles to go to work. Before you say that we should save for emergency you are correct but how many of you can say that you do not live check to check?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Has Congress submitted a bill for the president to sign yet?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NotCrazy

I bet the military is paid during a shutdown.

pfffttt 😺

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Has Congress submitted a bill for the president to sign yet?

Nyet

🙈🙉🙊

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NotCrazy

It's a partial shutdown.

From what I've heard, this is Homeland security only.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join