It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Partial Government Shutdown Will Begin at Midnight

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

with each new thread of yours, there's more and more smoke.

where's the fire?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: highvein

Especially when they will not pass only because it was a campaign promise. National Security be damned.

The "campaign promise" was that Mexico would pay for the wall, not American tax payers.

Patience, my dear, patience.

if they'll use El Chapo's cash, then, technically...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh my the horror!

I guess I’ll just do what I do every night........try to take over the world

Narf !!

This world is going bonkers, I go to sleep and wake up in in mandela land..

lol

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

changed my mind,I just ran out of coffee!
edit on 22-12-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Democrats are acting like little babies.

Why not fund something that protects the country?

Build a toxic moat in front of the wall as well.

Money is not a problem.

How anyone supports Democrats who are American citizens is beyond me.

If you are newly arrived. Hate the American way of life.

Then yes of course

The major groups of Democrats are BLM. LGBTQ, antifa, illegals aliens, muslims, and hollyweird.

And they are winning?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Street lights were on, saw the police on the way back from breakfast, Amtrak just went by. All good in Southwest Michigan.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Watching CNN now.

We are all doomed! Doomed I tells ya!

DOOMED!

AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They are currently blaming Trump supporters for the government shutdown.

And they are correct.

My bad.

Sorry, not sorry. (as the kids say)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I had a nickle for every time we where supposed to die in trump induced caticlisim I'd be at least $10 richer.

That's the fun part the last two years. Watching otherwise sane people loose their minds over relatively nothing in the grander scheme of things.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Sookiechacha

changed my mind,I just ran out of coffee!

Oh oh! Switch to an Arabian blend, or a French Roast!

edit on 22-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hello? Hello? Is anyone still here?

The lights are still on... are the gas stations open?

I still have a dial tone on the phone... haven't tried to call anyone, for fear they're not here any more.

I'm so scared... [/sarcasm]

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just thought I'd share a clip from MSNBC this morning on the government shutdown. . . .

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Did something shut down? I saw a mail truck go by. But they're private aren't they?

I'll look for signs of this catastrophe while shopping today. Hope the gas stations don't run dry, or the Costco shelves don't go bare before I get there!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Man ... It's scary getting ready to go out and do my disaster stock up shopping now (last minute Christmas shopping). I expect to have to beat people off with a large stick because the shelves will be stripped.

Picked a lousy time to go on a diet. I might need all those extra pounds as we all starve without our overlords to guide us.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Good.

Hope he keeps it shut down for the next 6 years. Show everyone how much government not only doesn't help, but it actually makes things far worse.

We don't need em. I don't suppose the exorbitant robbery (high taxes) will be stopping any time soon though
edit on 12/22/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

The major groups of Democrats are BLM. LGBTQ, antifa, illegals aliens, muslims, and hollyweird.

And they are winning?

They aren't winning. Their loud shrieking weird mouths and their complicit traitorous MSM dogs have just been making it seem that way. Propaganda and manipulation are powerful tools.

Sad part is, our President already has unilateral authority to quash their subversive seditious conspiracy yet has chosen not to act. All he has to do is declare them unlawful enemy combatants, and they are out of this country living out the rest of their lives in a black site prison where enemies of America learn about this Republic's resolve.
edit on 12/22/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wife just went to the store, nothing out of the ordinary for pre Christmas chaos. Loading the truck and headed to the farm for a few days all good so far.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Wow, the third time this year...................now if they can just keep it shut down this country might save some taxpayers some money.

Oh and the gas station was still open, the car wash is still working and the baker made some Bismarks. It's all good.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A stalemate is when your King cannot move without putting itself in check but it also not in check. It ends the game. When most people refer to "stalemate" when referencing politics they really mean is "Zugzwang" which refers to a "position in which whoever has the move would obtain a worse result than if it were the opponent's turn to play".

And yes I am part of the Chess Police. We also get frustrated with the way the boards are setup in movies/tv but as to the point of this thread . . .

You have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to not pin this on Trump. Regardless of your views on him, he very clearly and directly said that he was owning this.

If you're going to apply zugzwang here, it's Congress turn to move. Until they submit a budget, you can't blame Trump for signing or vetoing it.

And if I recall correctly, the last shutdown occurred when Obama refused to sign a budget that didn't give him what he wanted. That shutdown was blamed on the Congress, so how is this one different? I also remember Obama using his discretion to shut down things to make it "as painful as possible" for average Americans.

To me, it's all just rhetoric. When the government shuts down the NSAs domestic spying program, the TSA, the CIA, and the torture camp at Guantanamo Bay, then I'll believe they are running short of "money."

Incidentally, I won a rook and pawn endgame last night against my Novag Super Expert C last night through zugzwang.

I share your peeve about boards in movies and TV, though. You should check out the game played by Holmes and Moriarty in Game of Shadows. It's pretty decent.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Yep, everything is still there. No one has died (well, except the ones who sadly would have died anyway), the stores are still open, people are not rioting in the streets demanding electricity or water. Life goes on, even without the bloated bureaucracy we call government.

The ones screaming and crying about it are the ones who simply don't want a wall because it means they can't bring in new people when the ones here don't do as they're told. Once built, it's hard to defund a wall. It has this annoying habit of staying there, being physical and all.

The only person who this might affect in my family (and I think he was already funded) is on vacation until after New Years... so he's good and life goes on. As far as I'm concerned, this shutdown can continue until the Washington Memorial rots.

Reagan was promised border control in exchange for amnesty by Congress back in the 80s. He signed the amnesty bill and Congress defunded the border. So now we need a wall. Trump signed a bloated Omnibus bill earlier this year because Congress said they would deliver him funding for a wall. The bill was signed and no funding. So leave the damn place shut down until the denizens can figure out how to keep their word.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well I woke up this morning and proudly announced that with the government shut down I no longer have to wear clothes

My wife yelled at me and made me put pants on

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join