It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coyote Peterson (Brave Wilderness) and the Schmidt Sting Pain Index

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
For those that arent familiar with Coyote Peterson Brave Wilderness he is in someways a modern day version of Steve Irwin or other similar folks as he helps people learn about wildlife through various different means.. info can be found here: bravewilderness.com...

As part of his YouTube channel he has been doing a series where he investigates some of the insect stings at the different levels of the Schmidt Sting Pain Index which is currently made up of 4 levels....Info can be found here: en.wikipedia.org...

So far he has been stung by a cow killer, bullet ant, tarantula hawk , warrior wasp and others..Just recently he posted his experience with getting stung by the Executioner Wasp..This is brutal and blows past the other insects on the sting index let alone the fact that as a wasp it's just nasty as all Hell looking. I know the WIki above mentions it but I was also reading an article where it talks that based on this experience the Executioner Wasp may get it's own category on the index as the most painful.

Anyway, next time you are complaining about work be glad you arent doing this! =)

edit on 21-12-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When I was stationed in Fort Riley there were these wasps in the in-processing barracks. They were huge. I watched them take down sparrows while we stood in formation.

I swear they were so big they produced rotor wash with their wings.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I can’t finish the episode dude...

Too much for me

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good stuff. I will check it out. Thanks.

Note: Steve "The Man" Irwin would then cuddle the wasp and ensure it gets home safely.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I saw him do the giant hornet and that was intense. I think he passed out for a bit.

I didn't know they'd released this one yet. I'll have to go cringe my way through it.

I'm not sure what stupid notion spawned this trip up the sting scale. Probably the "how bad can it really be" thought, but he got locked into it pretty good didn't he?

His other stuff isn't nearly as daredevil.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I got hit by a cow killer last year...... I have a high pain tolerance but that sh!t was the worst accute and then radiating pain I've ever had..... And I had no idea wtf happened until I pulled my glove off and it fell out.....

Ugh just thinking about it irks me

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Tarantula Hawk Wasps hurt like nothing I've ever experienced before. They are all over southern New Mexico, but thankfully they are not hot tempered. The sting I got was accidental, setting my hand down on one when I was trying to check something under my truck. It's crazy how quickly you cycle through the levels of pain with one. Initially it feels like you've punched a thorn into your skin, then the freight train hits. It feels like you're being burned, having the world's worst muscle cramps, and getting hit with electricity all at the same time. It's one of the only times in my life where I thought I'd pass out just from pain.

Coyote Peterson is an idiot.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just got done with it.

I think the pain from it was worse, but I think the aftereffects of the venom might have been worse with the Japanese giant hornet. About 24 hours out from that sting and he was still in pain and his arm was swollen up massively, although he did say this one left a lesion that scarred over.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm deathly allergic to wasps. I went into anaphylatic shock when I was a kid from a hornet sting to head. Had to take anti venom shots for two years.

I got stung by a yellow jacket a couple of years ago and it put me in ER. Lil bastard some how got in my motorcycle jacket while riding and stung me on shoulder.

If you ever want to see a grown man turn into a lil bitch, just get some wasps around me. I have severe PTSD from it.

We have red paper wasps down south. Those buggers will put you on the ground. Worst sting I've ever felt.

I think coyote said the giant centipede bite was worse than any of the stings.

It's funny watching the executioner video. Coyote screams "it's the king!"

edit on 21-12-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

People live in fear and terror of snakes, but they honestly don't bother me. Most of them have tiny little teeth.

But I agree with you 100% when it come to stinging insects. They make me nervous, and I'm not allergic.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My daughter’s and I love watching coyote Peterson. I do find him a bit intense in his presentation. He is definitely a showman he also shaves his arms , maybe so the animal can inflict him.
Worth while watching his other general animal shows.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to watch someone in pain? That they are thirsty enough to endanger their health for viewership?

I can't stand watching those mosquito repellant commercials where they stick their arms inside a mosquito filled container to prove the mosquito repellant is effective all the while mosquitos are landing on and biting that arm.

No thank you.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
My daughter’s and I love watching coyote Peterson. I do find him a bit intense in his presentation. He is definitely a showman he also shaves his arms , maybe so the animal can inflict him.

He is being a bit dramatic for show. The bullet ant has always generally been considered the worst sting. You see him flop around in excruciating pain.

However, there is a tribe in Costa Rica I believe that puts the ants in gloves and their teenagers have to keep their hands in the gloves for 10 minutes as a test of manhood.

Steve O from Jackass did it. He was in near tears but those are multiple stings, not just one.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

He is being a bit dramatic for show. The bullet ant has always generally been considered the worst sting. You see him flop around in excruciating pain.

However, there is a tribe in Costa Rica I believe that puts the ants in gloves and their teenagers have to keep their hands in the gloves for 10 minutes as a test of manhood.

Steve O from Jackass did it. He was in near tears but those are multiple stings, not just one.

You know he is being dramatic how?

He pretty much acts the same to different levels on all the stings.

I'll take his experience that this wasp hurt more then the bullet ant and be glad I won't find out.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Follow up from the Sting Series..
As per his experience the Executioner Wasp is the most painful with the full list being

Executioner Wasp
Japanese Giant Hornet (video below)
Bullet Ant
Tarantula Hawk
Warrior Wasp
Velvet Ant (Cow Killer)

edit on 23-12-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

top topics

join