It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the party in America who wants war more.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Truth.

I've wondered that a time or two myself over the past two plus years...

Lessening of the strife between the US and North Korea seems like a good deal to me, but some because Trump is involved, it suddenly becomes a bad thing. Mostly "because Orange man bad".

They will deny it, of course...to no ones surprise.

People have actually conducted studies. Take one of Trump's proposals, tell college students that Obama said it, and they love it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

and vice versa...

guess the average OQ of Americans as a collective, guess.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't honestly think either party wants "war" more than the other...what they want is the money that comes WITH war!

There is no difference between the two. They just want all the kickback from their Defense contractor buddies...for themselves!

In their minds..."Sure some people die, oh well, but I got mine!!"

Greed knows no boundaries.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep.

I dislike being played like a mark...and that's pretty much what I've been for about 35 years, more or less. Just recently it was pointed out to me rather starkly.

Seems I was wiser as a child, then I ever was as a so called adult...until recently.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The old "Liberal vs. Conservative" divide is largely meaningless these days. The new divide is Globalist vs. Nationalist. Most of the leaders in Congress, in both parties, are globalists, while most of the common people are nationalists. Trump is a nationalist. The warmongers are globalists. Go back the last several decades and you'll see people with globalist thinking behind every war the US has become involved in.

Oh really, it seems to me the dichotomy is between pro-corporations and pro-labor. That is, pro-billionaire versus worker making the median wage. Or, the haves and have nots. Or, the people with ALL the wealth and the people with ALL the debt.

There are laws that enslave men and there are laws that set them free. The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. Campaign financing is a politician's heroin and they will blow anyone to support their habit.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree with your post.

MONEY, ARMS, WAR, PROFIT

It's been going on for 70 years with no end in site.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are those on the payroll for The Company and those who aren't.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The Communist Party .

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
War is big business and business is good. So says the likes of Boeing, Raytheon, GE, Northrop, BAE, General Dynamics, etc.......... They're all impartial and all encompassing to both party's.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
All wars have been globalist wars since WW2 rather than wars based on national defense.
Both parties have been responsible in starting and prolonging the wars for their benefactors in the MIC.
The most vocal though on supporting the wars has come from the right where any criticism of them gets
one accused of being unpatriotic and a peacenik.

Laughable really since I served in the first gulf war against Saddam.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Criticalstinker, I saw the thread title, and immediately thought, "Geez, another one of these?" I'm glad you proved me wrong though. I should have known better than to think you would type up some BS OP.

I'm glad to see people are starting to take a step back from the circus and reevaluating what's going on. I've been seeing a lot of people who were diehard loyalists to their party of choice shifting their views to seeing how there really is no one side better than the other.

I view this as a good thing, because when you take a step back and look at things from the outside it becomes easier to evaluate new information, and maybe see how some biases were affecting how you view things. I hope more people step away from the whole me vs you and shift towards a us vs them mentality. We really are all in this together. We should be looking out for one another. Why should we fear one another when the real antagonists are the ones who place themselves in seats of authority over us and reap the benefits of our hard work.

What hard work have they put in? They took some bribes and kissed some asses? Oh woe lmao. Why should they have a guaranteed comfortable life for the rest of their lives? When we all think about it, none of us really trust them. We know that don't give a rat's ass about us.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

Thank you for that.

And you're rights, we're all in this together.

The tribalism has gotten bad though, people abandoning principles solely as long as their team wins.

People forget that in our communities there are people from every school of thought who have the right intentions and just want what's best for their family.

I'm a staunch independent who thinks both parties are eroding the country, but I have countless good friends who are part of those two parties.

But all of us should be able to agree war is not good for us, unless it is absolutely necessary.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Good question, OP.
Because Trump made it one of his goals to bring our soldiers home...Democrats are now pro-interventionism because "Orange Man Bad".

Honestly, if Trump said he wanted to find the cure for cancer...Dems would suddenly become pro-cancer.

Yep, once again bringing our military home was a campaign promise and it seems Washington doesn't like Presidents that go after them.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 22-12-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The Commies are Coming for All of Us Herr Doctor . It's just a Matter of Time and Resolve ............ The Price of Freedom from Generation to Generation Varies According to Conviction ..............Hmm...,.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
If you asked me that question a few years ago, it would have been easy, and I could have supported it with the votes from our legislators.

Now the question is tricky to answer. Obama talked a big game when it came to ending wars, but as they say the proof is in the pudding. He bombed 4 more countries than Bush, who really got the ball rolling for the MIC.

The question of this OP happens to be the one that typically dictates how I vote should I do my rare stray away from independent/third party.

When news broke that we would have talks with North Korea (with no concessions), I saw the media and even left leaning members here on ATS stop just short of saying they didn't want it because Trump was involved. I'm no fan of Trump, but my pride isn't so fickle I have to s### on everything he does. Jesus, if we can end a stupid war and avoid others, I'll say "cool, that's awesome".

Now with news we're going to leave Syria, I see the media and the left leaning members take a leap further than last time and say they don't want it, it's a bad decision (who knows, maybe it may be). But for the party that typically champions peace, where is this coming from? Neo-liberalism looks a lot like the Republican party to me except for that they are pro-choice and don't care if two dudes hook up or put a ring on each others finger.

From Obama to Hillary, I can't really tell the difference between the two establishment brands.

I suggest to the left that they get their house in order. The only way they have a chance in 2020 is if they sell us independents a candidate and their platform rather than run someone out as "they're not Trump".

I want there to be competition, it makes the best possible atmosphere for good things for everyone rather than just one side. Give Trump too much confidence, he has proven he'll roll things out only to appease his side. Put some pressure on him, and maybe we see him concede on a few issues to get more of the swing vote.

This wasn't written up to be sly or curt. This is serious advice. I only put it in the Mudpit to give the mods some relief as I could see this being a hot issue.

The left wont try and sell you anything, they play a numbers game using large groups as their base.

Mid term election antifa organized and turned out in droves to vote blue.

BLM same thing

LGBTQ same thing

Muslims same thing

Illegal aliens same

And hollyweird actors

Oh they also want to give felons the right to vote .

This is your new democratic globalist party.

If you are not running away....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join