It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 2012 aliens come back?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I watched a video just now called 'rosswell- true or false'
anyways it spoke of a mayun calendar or something that stops in may 2012.
The reason for this is thought to be 'an apocalyptic event or an uncovering/ revalation'
Ancient egypt also described that the gods (Aliens?) would come back from above in the year 2012 in their hyroglyphics.
Is there any truth in this?
couldnt find a topic about it anywhere on ATS
any website to back it up?
thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not too sure I believe ancient civilizations could predict the future.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
its seems very strange that two civilisations predicted the same kind of thing. Can anyone run a google search because i have an error my internet explorer?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by george54075407
couldnt find a topic about it anywhere on ATS
any website to back it up?
thanks

Not to be rude, but did you really look? The 2012 topics have been covered quite extensively...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ok thanks mpeake kind of weird

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
2012 is the end of one cycle and the beggining of another, in the great cycle by the mayans,aztecs,hopis,zen, dogon,ect

in the zodiac its the same next great cycle, the next cycle is aquarious/ vial bearer/of good or wrath, the cycle we are leaving is picies/ fish.

some other sources say the global climate shift happens.
some others say the war of worlds will happen.
some say all of this will happen.

ALL say: December 22, 2012 (give or take a day , lol)
more like 2013..........................
3 days from christmas huh
So this verse from bible seems interesting,

Rev12:9-10
"all people of the world will see their dead bodies lie in the streets for 3 days and not bury them,
and these people will rejoice and be merry and shall send gifts to each other because the 2 prophets were dead"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

TV/CNN and christmas time?

[edit on 26-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
so what will this cycle mean to people in 2012
or what will happen to them
and i heard it was may?

[edit on 26-2-2005 by george54075407]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont think they were predicting the future. Maybe their Gods told them they would return in 2012? To me 2012 could either mean the end of the world or the return of Jesus. If Jesus comes before then then 2012 means the end of the world to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No even if jesus returned it wouldnt be the end of the world.

Rev 20:2-3
an angel bound the dragon in the bottomless pit in earth for 1000 years then let out again for awhile.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

so thats 1000 plus years till its blown up by your bibles own words.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
I dont think they were predicting the future. Maybe their Gods told them they would return in 2012? To me 2012 could either mean the end of the world or the return of Jesus. If Jesus comes before then then 2012 means the end of the world to me.

Jesus can't "come back" he died.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes the Mayan Calendar stops at 2012 . After that time according to the Maya , we will have reached cosmic awareness and will enter a time where there is no longer TIME.

But dont get too hung up on the 2012 date. We living in the west under the christian calendar but the rest of the world has different dates. If you look into history the actual date of the Christian calendar has been altered a number of times and could be out by +- 4 years.

Also we have already entered into the Aquarian age. When the Sun rose over the earth on the vernal equinox in the constellation aquarius we entered this time. A celestial equinox is about 2160 years. We entered the aquarian age in 1945. The event of Hiroshima ushered in the era , also known as the age of revelation.

Read more here.
Free ebook "the message from Extra-terrestrials"
www.raelianmovement.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ok, so am i the only person who finds it too much of a coinscedence (spelt wrong but oh well) that all these ancient civlisations said the same date for this.
i would like to know what people opinions are on what will happen in 2012
regards
george

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph

Youre an idiot, please dont talk to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You're in control; you have an ignore list.

Here add me to it: I don't think Jesus can come back to life either...he died in mortal flesh. I do think, however, that the Christ can....return. I view them as two seperate entities. Christ was a state of being that Jesus attained. IMO. Jesus the Christ versus Jesus Christ.

[edit on 082828p://26u47 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by roybass
Yes the Mayan Calendar stops at 2012 . After that time according to the Maya , we will have reached cosmic awareness and will enter a time where there is no longer TIME.

legend is they could not see past that time .....

But dont get too hung up on the 2012 date. We living in the west under the christian calendar but the rest of the world has different dates. If you look into history the actual date of the Christian calendar has been altered a number of times and could be out by +- 4 years.

nope close, 11 years ahead.....accourding to articles i read at least.
and the earth is spinning faster so days are getting shorter.

Also we have already entered into the Aquarian age. When the Sun rose over the earth on the vernal equinox in the constellation aquarius we entered this time. A celestial equinox is about 2160 years. We entered the aquarian age in 1945. The event of Hiroshima ushered in the era , also known as the age of revelation.

i totaly agree , 2,160 is a mini cycle and 26,000 years is the great cycle.

Free ebook "the message from Extra-terrestrials"
www.raelianmovement.org...

there is alot more credable sites out there by the way.
that et looks like hes gonna smoke out or jam with that writer. he he

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

You're in control; you have an ignore list.

Here add me to it: I don't think Jesus can come back to life either...he died in mortal flesh. I do think, however, that the Christ can....return. I view them as two seperate entities. Christ was a state of being that Jesus attained. IMO. Jesus the Christ versus Jesus Christ.

[edit on 082828p://26u47 by Lucid Lunacy]

i like your view lucid do you mean that jesus could come back as a spirit?
dont worry hes on ignore

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roybass

First off, the Long Count calendar doesn't stop. A cycle ends and is immediately followed by a beginning.

As far as I know the significance of the ending of a great cycle is purely speculative since we don't have any written work from the Mayan that clearly explains it. If you have links to support what you said then you can be my best friend for the day.

The cosmic awareness that you're referring to is the Harmonic Convergence theory that was started in the 70's. If you can refute that I would love to hear it. Truly, I would love to read the Mayans really thought this.

But dont get too hung up on the 2012 date. We living in the west under the christian calendar but the rest of the world has different dates.

Not exactly sure what you meant by this? The Mayan calendars were not specific to their culture or geographical location, per se. At least not the Long Count. They based it on celestial observations. Celestial events that are very much present to our current culuture.

[edit on 092828p://26u10 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, with the current state that our planet is in right now, it might turn out to be true. I don't believe in prophets or anything like that but I do know that we're heading in the wrong direction.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Nothing out of the ordinary will occur on 2012, I'ts just another end of the world dates just like 2000.......1999.........88 or w/e.

My Mircosoft Windows calender ends on 2099, What does that mean? Does that mean Bill Gates also has the ability to for tell the future? Have you guys ever thought about this, Maybe the Mayans didn't feel like continuing the calender? Maybe they werent being paid enough or w/e. And I'm not bashing on all you believers, after all this is JUST my OPINION.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Nothing out of the ordinary will occur on 2012, I'ts just another end of the world dates just like 2000.......1999.........88 or w/e.

It's not just like those other dates.

My Mircosoft Windows calender ends on 2099, What does that mean?Does that mean Bill Gates also has the ability to for tell the future?

It means you're uneducated on the matter.

Have you guys ever thought about this, Maybe the Mayans didn't feel like continuing the calender? Maybe they werent being paid enough or w/e. And I'm not bashing on all you believers, after all this is JUST my OPINION.

*sighs*

The Mayan Long Count calendar does not work in a linear fashion similar to our (USA) modern day calendars. It works in cycles. Think of it like a clock instead; they work in cycles too....it works like that.

In that light, imagine person A making the claim that at 2:22 am the following morning a great cycle would end and stuff would happen. Then person B refutes that by saying "well have you ever thought that the person who made the clock just didn't want to add another hour? Like maybe he didn't get paid enough."

If it's not an inconvenience please refer to another post I made on this subject. It was specifically aimed at ignorant statements such as:

Have you guys ever thought about this, Maybe the Mayans didn't feel like continuing the calender?

Here is the link:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Oh and please keep in mind. I'm not bashing on all you skeptics, after all this is JUST my OPINION.

On a serious note, I am really not bashing you. I'm not even really addressing you directly. Rather, I am attempting to educate the people, and there are many, who have posed that same question concerning the Long Count calendar. Also, I am not advocating aliens will return on this date.

[edit on 052828p://27u15 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join