It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i think Trump is bringing the troops home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Trump is doing this against the advice of our military and intelligence agencies he is also abandoning our allies.

Putin is happy about it, praising Trump for it. Turkey also seems to be pleased since they have been wanting to attack the Kurds for a long time.
edit on 21-12-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Erdogan wants to kill the Kurds and Putin said it was ok to put them in a ditch. The end.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

our military and government both refer to Rojava distinct from Syria in their statements. Nobody is abandoning the Kurds. I just posted a video showing part of a 150 truck convoy of logistical supplies on page one. That was like yesterday.

Leaaving Syria means they are likely abandoning al-tanf, which is a necessary compromise. Nobody as of yet has mentioned leaving Rojava, where the bulk of our coalition partners have established bases and radar sites with us.

Syria lost a third of it's land in this war. It now belongs to our hegemony.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And I think he decided to announce bringing home those troops because he realizes that he is falling short on his campaign promises and that he can just declare ''victory'' in this case to impress his faithful. He believes he needs to appear decisive and that this will give that appearance.

Where do you guys get your news??? Trump is fulfilling every one of his campaign promises...And killing ISIS and then bringing the troops back home was one of his campaign promises...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Grimpachi

our military and government both refer to Rojava distinct from Syria in their statements. Nobody is abandoning the Kurds. I just posted a video showing part of a 150 truck convoy of logistical supplies on page one. That was like yesterday.

Leaaving Syria means they are likely abandoning al-tanf, which is a necessary compromise. Nobody as of yet has mentioned leaving Rojava, where the bulk of our coalition partners have established bases and radar sites with us.

Syria lost a third of it's land in this war. It now belongs to our hegemony.

And they likely will have ample U.S. and coalition air support...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I don’t think it is a coisindance that Trump decides to bring the troops home after the military is bringing up charges in the major who killed the bomb maker.

I think it hit home to him, that America is really not trying to win. So instead of wasting time, money, and American lives and body parts, it was time to bring the troops home.

You could be right, but as long as we're throwing out theories, here's mine......

Putin wanted the US out of Syria. And trump bent over....that's why Mattis left, pure and simple.

Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support. Now they're gone and russia will be in control of the region. what could possibly go wrong with russia's new alliance with China. Russia is not our friend and we just gave them control of the ME and the oil shipping lanes. Smart move trump!

This isn't a move to more peace in the region...this is a move toward a BIG war with horrible consequences.

nationalinterest.org...

MAGA....yeah right!

Mattis and Kelly NEVER had bi-partisan support...You guys are like ambulance chasers in that when the fake news media shows up you guys are right there to help them out with fake stories...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Last time Trump was "bringing the troops home" he turned around and then bombed that country... twice. So I'll believe actions over words. Especially when considering it's Trump and he has a real problem with the truth, or doing any research, or doing anything that isn't based on emotion or attention neediness.

And in the end, even if this becomes true, he's talking about pulling about the equivalent number of troops out of the middle east as my high school student count. The real craziness is that we have roughly 54,000 troops in the middle east. This stunt is nothing but a sad attempt at some headlines. We aren't stupid... at least anyone that can look at this critically without lapping up the Trump runoff isn't.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I don’t think it is a coisindance that Trump decides to bring the troops home after the military is bringing up charges in the major who killed the bomb maker.

I think it hit home to him, that America is really not trying to win. So instead of wasting time, money, and American lives and body parts, it was time to bring the troops home.

You could be right, but as long as we're throwing out theories, here's mine......

Putin wanted the US out of Syria. And trump bent over....that's why Mattis left, pure and simple.

Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support. Now they're gone and russia will be in control of the region. what could possibly go wrong with russia's new alliance with China. Russia is not our friend and we just gave them control of the ME and the oil shipping lanes. Smart move trump!

This isn't a move to more peace in the region...this is a move toward a BIG war with horrible consequences.

nationalinterest.org...

MAGA....yeah right!

And what if Trump wants to work with Russia & China to remove the fascist globalists NWO

He’d have my support

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

We don't fight to win any more.

What we needed to do was do Dresden to the whole damned country. Bomb mosques, houses, building, neighborhoods. We needed to flatten the land, piss on it then salt the earth.

We needed to tell the world that if you screwed with us, we would not just destroy you, but we would ruin everything you knew or owned.

We needed to demoralize the enemy. We needed to make them crap their pants anytime the US was ever mentioned.

And we didn't. Because that doesn't fund the MIC. It's not good business.

And war is just a business now. Soldiers are employees. Expendable employees.

Either we fight and fight to win, or we stay home.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

nationalinterest.org...

MAGA....yeah right!

And what if Trump wants to work with Russia & China to remove the fascist globalists NWO

He’d have my support

You need another source of information other than Alex jones. You don't think that Russia and China aren't fascist globalist? Who do you think they are?

Jesus Christ man...

Here's what putin is doing....

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

nationalinterest.org...

MAGA....yeah right!

Mattis and Kelly NEVER had bi-partisan support...You guys are like ambulance chasers in that when the fake news media shows up you guys are right there to help them out with fake stories...

Ok, I get it "fake news" go ahead with the "but but obama" "but but Hillary" get it over with, you know you want to.

Call me a trump hater if you want...I don't hate him, I just think he's a dork and a draft dodging coward, that's all.

www.independent.co.uk... 71536.html

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Putin sure was not laughing when we splattered over 200 of his mercenaries and Syrian troops across the desert in a prolonged bombardment campaign when they attempted an assault across the Euphrates river back in February, but I did. I thought it was quite entertaining and hope that the footage will be declassified in the next few years so we can show you what actual bending over looks like.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It certainly isn't going to change much. Unless we've suddenly slipped into (another) alternate/parallel universe where the wars that Bush and Obama started are no longer on-going, then all this is going to do is throw fuel on the fire by enabling ISIS, Turkey, and others.

It's obvious that the elite need Trump the Sacrificial Lamb if they're ever going to fully solidify their agenda into the annals of history, by way of their fall-guy. Trump is the spitting image of an "in case of emergency break glass"-type asset for the elite.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Pretty sure its because Putin wanted us out...

order up the K-Y

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Its something he can do... when there's nothing else he can do...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So this here is just breaking .. ahem...

US envoy Brett McGurk quits over Trump Syria pullout

In his resignation letter, seen by AP news agency, Mr McGurk said that IS militants in Syria were on the run but not yet defeated. He said that withdrawing US forces from Syria would create the conditions that gave rise to IS.

In an email to staff quoted by the New York Times, he said Mr Trump's decision to pull out troops "came as a shock and was a complete reversal of policy". It "left our coalition partners confused and our fighting partners bewildered", he said.

"I ultimately concluded I could not carry out these new instructions and maintain my integrity," he went on to say.

but that's okay: he was a holdover from the Obama regime ! ...
... obviously intent on obstucting King Donald The 1st at every opportunity ...

edit on 22-12-2018 by Cassi3l because: Happy Christmas !

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The reason why Russia is in Syria is to protect their navy installation that is their only foot hold in the Mediterranean.

Are we in control? After 4 trillion do we have any control? Is Russia going to invade the ME if we leave?

And what war would that be?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And what war would that be?

The Global War on Terror probably, maybe?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I think he just does what the American people want.

Do people here actually want us as world police?

I don't. It's insane how war Hawks guise themselves as wanting peace through more military intervention.

Get real. I can live with empire but want none. Others can't live with empire but want more.

<< 1   >>

join