It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i think Trump is bringing the troops home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don’t think it is a coisindance that Trump decides to bring the troops home after the military is bringing up charges in the major who killed the bomb maker.

I think it hit home to him, that America is really not trying to win. So instead of wasting time, money, and American lives and body parts, it was time to bring the troops home.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I don’t think it is a coisindance that Trump decides to bring the troops home after the military is bringing up charges in the major who killed the bomb maker.

I think it hit home to him, that America is really not trying to win. So instead of wasting time, money, and American lives and body parts, it was time to bring the troops home.

You could be right, but as long as we're throwing out theories, here's mine......

Putin wanted the US out of Syria. And trump bent over....that's why Mattis left, pure and simple.

Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support. Now they're gone and russia will be in control of the region. what could possibly go wrong with russia's new alliance with China. Russia is not our friend and we just gave them control of the ME and the oil shipping lanes. Smart move trump!

This isn't a move to more peace in the region...this is a move toward a BIG war with horrible consequences.

nationalinterest.org...

MAGA....yeah right!
edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
And I think he decided to announce bringing home those troops because he realizes that he is falling short on his campaign promises and that he can just declare ''victory'' in this case to impress his faithful. He believes he needs to appear decisive and that this will give that appearance.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Putin wanted the US out of Syria. And trump bent over....that's why Mattis left, pure and simple.

Yep, plus Erdogan's leverage....Saudi Arabia and the death of Khossogi and Michael Flynn's cooperation that just got two Turkish nationals indicted for a plot to kidnap a US resident, Fethullah Gulen.

President Trump is compromised as hell! It's getting messy out there!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
We get out of Syria, they get out of Venezuela?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Its not the best day when conspiracy members forget to understand doublespeak... or perhaps we just want to ignore it to feel better and pretend you all know what your talking about.

Radar Instalations Being Setup in East Syria
Rojava Resistance
‏ @RojavaCudi

The U.S Army has started to install advanced radar systems at their air bases from #Rojava to establish a no-fly zone for the areas controlled by the #YPJ/#YPG[/url]

Plus:

Rep. Franks introduces bill supporting Kurdish independence
WASHINGTON DC, United States (Kurdistan 24) – Rep. Trent Franks introduced a resolution Monday evening in the US House of Representatives supporting an independent Kurdish state. Notably, the action followed the successful conclusion of the Kurdistan Independence Referendum.

“The people of the Kurdistan Region have the right to determine their status as a sovereign country,” the bill, House Resolution 534, affirms.

H.R. 534 explains, “The Kurdish people meet the objective requirements for the right of self-determination, which include a common language, religion, ethnic background, cultural heritage, and history.”

The Kurdistan Region “has proven” to be “America’s most effective partner” in fighting the Islamic State (IS), the bill continues.

It also notes the sacrifices of the Peshmerga in the fight against IS: nearly 2,000 dead, 9,000 wounded, and 60 missing.

Moreover, the Kurdistan Region has welcomed nearly two million refugees and internally displaced persons from the wars in Iraq and Syria, the resolution states.

Franks chairs the House International Religious Freedom Caucus. The bill notes the “commendable commitment” of the Kurdistan Region “to religious and ethnic pluralism,” as well as gender equality.

UN General Assembly Resolution 2625 affirms that “the right to self-determination of a people supersedes territorial integrity when a country has violated the ‘economic, social, and cultural development’ of a people, and when that people have a valid territorial claim to the area,” the resolution explains.

It concludes by calling on the US to recognize “the sacrifices, commitment to human rights, and the legal and moral case for self-determination of the residents of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq” and to recognize that they “have the freedom to decide” their future “without outside coercion.”

I expected better critical thinking skills from CT's . But I guess there are no more CT's, just whiny people that want to prove themselves right about one man, or prove others wrong about the same man.

Doublespeak 101, we are leaving Syria, by way of falling back into former Syria ...
Trump theater has rotted everyone's brains.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
More than 150 trucks loaded with logistical equipment from the International Coalition to the #SDF

Remember that the MSM news is a dog and pony show designed to appeal to your emotions. This can make you feel good or bad, but regardless is contrary to the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He's only removing the 2200 troops which are in Syria and half of troops (7000) out of Afghanistan. Its not like were leaving the Middle East or anything. I'm sure drone strikes are still on the table. Imo, with the technology we have, there is no reason for troops to be on the ground anywhere in the Middle East.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Going to need more in the states for next summer. Word is the crazies plan on destroying DC no matter what it takes. They want a million to rush the White House. A lot will die in various places next summer.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
First thing I was going to say was that the US hasn't pulled out of Syria, because heaven forbid that could result in peace and lost oil revenue, however as above it's been pointed out

The move itself from Trump is a PR stunt for approval ratings

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
He's bringing them home because he wants to find a way to redirect that money to fund his luxurious wall.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What gives us the right to be there? Russia was invited. We weren't.

So because they have something that is valuable to us, we should just take it?

I had always thought you saw through the BS. But with your words, it appears there is an appetite to invade another country and take what isn't ours. Knowing this is all smoke and mirrors should bring you comfort, our strategy is just changing. We aren't going anywhere.

I will believe it when independent verification that we are no longer there is provided by multiple sources.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Obama was also "Bringing the troops home" so...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yep, plus Erdogan's leverage....Saudi Arabia and the death of Khossogi and Michael Flynn's cooperation that just got two Turkish nationals indicted for a plot to kidnap a US resident, Fethullah Gulen.

President Trump is compromised as hell! It's getting messy out there!

This is whe no one takes you seriously.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

You could be right, but as long as we're throwing out theories, here's mine......

Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support. Now they're gone and russia will be in control of the region. what could possibly go wrong with russia's new alliance with China. Russia is not our friend and we just gave them control of the ME and the oil shipping lanes. Smart move trump!

This isn't a move to more peace in the region...this is a move toward a BIG war with horrible consequences.

nationalinterest.org...

MAGA....yeah right!
Now all this is you falling for the same leftist rhetoric, but are we honestly surprised at this revelation?

Of course it fits your echo chamber, you don't give a crap about Soldiers lives, I'va have battles die in the ME.

What a piss poor pitiful excuse of a theory on your end, what? No rawstory link to perpetuate more lies?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

It's also right for the reason's Trump has stated publicly.

Getting out of Syria was no surprise. I’ve been campaigning on it for years, and six months ago, when I very publicly wanted to do it, I agreed to stay longer. Russia, Iran, Syria & others are the local enemy of ISIS. We were doing there work. Time to come home & rebuild.

Does the USA want to be the Policeman of the Middle East, getting NOTHING but spending precious lives and trillions of dollars protecting others who, in almost all cases, do not appreciate what we are doing? Do we want to be there forever? Time for others to finally fight Russia, Iran, Syria & many others are not happy about the U.S. leaving, despite what the Fake News says, because now they will have to fight ISIS and others, who they hate, without us. I am building by far the most powerful military in the world. ISIS hits us they are doomed!

It's quite brilliant, actually.

Despite claims to the contrary, there will be no vacuum upon the US leaving because there are other countries still fighting. If there is a vacuum, it will be created by them, and not because of the absence of the US military (something like 2000 troops)? The US comes out of this with its hands clean, its troops safe, ending the needless spending and its endless wars.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It was the second assurance that top Turkish officials attributed to Trump in as many days as they seek concessions from the United States over a raft of disputes ranging from the conflict in Syria to the extradition of Turkish coup suspects and a standoff with Saudi Arabia over the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

A tangle of disagreements has ensnared the US-Turkish relationship. Erdogan wants Trump to punish Saudi Arabia for the slaying of Khashoggi, a Saudi critic of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman who lived in the United States and wrote a column for the Washington Post. Khashoggi was killed at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul in October in what Erdogan says was a premeditated attack ordered by the highest levels of the Saudi government.

But Trump has stood by Saudi Arabia, signaling the oil-rich state’s importance for security, US trade and global energy markets outweighs any role the 33-year-old prince may have played in Khashoggi’s death.

Trump’s critics in the United States responded to Cavusoglu’s claim about Gulen’s extradition by accusing the president of seeking to placate Turkey over the Khashoggi killing. Bill Pascrell, a Democratic congressman from New Jersey, depicted Gulen as a victim for his religious beliefs.

www.al-monitor.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

trump made a top secret phone call

so you guys are NOW taking this farce seriously?
what was all the smug bullsnip about a year ago?

the warning alarms were ringing then, but the collective conservative country were dismissing everything down to memes and name calling.

now just sit back and enjoy the rest of the shlit show, no need for conspiracies NOW.

hope for the best...prepare for the rest.
edit on 21-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Russia has had a naval port in Syria since, The facility was established during the Cold War in accordance with a Soviet–Syrian agreement concluded in 1971, with a view of supporting the Soviet Navy′s 5th Operational Squadron in the Mediterranean, which was meant as a counterbalance to the U.S.′ Sixth Fleet headquartered in Italy

They have been there 50 years or more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join