It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two days after Trump declared ISIS defeated they have launched a 'Huge' assault in Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I'm glad he tweets, he is a temporary employee who works for the people.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
Overall, I think it's great that we're pulling troops out of the ME. We have no business playing world police nowadays.

However, a few things about this situation bother me:

1. He announced this in a tweet. Blindsiding both sides of the aisle. Press conferences, etc were cancelled because no one knew what was going on and had no idea how to address it. That's crazy, and pretty much the exact opposite of the correct way to do something like this. Also, since both sides were blindsided, it's pretty clear that it was sort of a spur of the moment decision. Another reason why it's pretty much the opposite of the correct way to do it.

2. Pretty much immediately afterward, Mattis resigned. That's a red flag if I've ever seen one. Dude is a military strategy genius, and he clearly disagrees with the decision, and said as much in his resignation letter. That's disturbing to me. He was a rock in a very shaky administration, and he resigned so quickly after the announcement, that speaks volumes.

3. It isn't often that Trump supporters and non-supporters within the government agree on decisions Trump makes. However, in this case, you have big names from both sides in complete agreement that it's a treacherous move. That also speaks volumes.

Bottom line, I'm all for pulling troops back home. However, there is a right and a wrong way to do that. In this instance, it seem that he went about it the wrong way.

So the fact that the military guy retired is proof that the president did what exactly? Ignored the military industrial complex?

Ouch indeed!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lets just quit all of this pussyfooting around with all of these regional wars and go ahead and start bombing Russia and China into submission.

Let's get it on and be done with it. Damn the nuclear threat and bomb all of the sombitches to hell.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: olaru12
Here's what I find ironic. trump bends over for putin and gives him Syria and will now bend over for Bebe and send troops to Iran. America is a warrior nation with a war economy. It's not going to change. War is big business.

Warrior nations don't bend over, do you even think before you type?

I'd just like to point out that this is 100%, wholly, untrue. Warrior nations are forced to bend over all the time. Everyone gets defeated sooner or later.

Whether that's militarily, or due to policy decisions, is up to the administration in power.

But ultimately, what you said is definitely false. There are countless examples throughout history.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You are probably suffering from rwnj syndrome. It doesn't allow certain types to remember things, like the immortal words.... If you break it you bought it. a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
is it shocking to believe Trump lies, inflates and is hyperbolic about everything...

his narcissism and attempts at revisionism control him

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: narrator

I'm glad he tweets, he is a temporary employee who works for the people.

I'm not glad that he tweets, for the exact same reason. As a temporary employee of the people, he has an obligation to go about doing things according to the policies that the people laid out. By tweeting decisions spur of the moment instead of announcing them properly, he undermines the people's wishes, and the policies they've laid out.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Overall, I think it's great that we're pulling troops out of the ME. We have no business playing world police nowadays.

However, a few things about this situation bother me:

1. He announced this in a tweet. Blindsiding both sides of the aisle. Press conferences, etc were cancelled because no one knew what was going on and had no idea how to address it. That's crazy, and pretty much the exact opposite of the correct way to do something like this. Also, since both sides were blindsided, it's pretty clear that it was sort of a spur of the moment decision. Another reason why it's pretty much the opposite of the correct way to do it.

2. Pretty much immediately afterward, Mattis resigned. That's a red flag if I've ever seen one. Dude is a military strategy genius, and he clearly disagrees with the decision, and said as much in his resignation letter. That's disturbing to me. He was a rock in a very shaky administration, and he resigned so quickly after the announcement, that speaks volumes.

3. It isn't often that Trump supporters and non-supporters within the government agree on decisions Trump makes. However, in this case, you have big names from both sides in complete agreement that it's a treacherous move. That also speaks volumes.

Bottom line, I'm all for pulling troops back home. However, there is a right and a wrong way to do that. In this instance, it seem that he went about it the wrong way.

So the fact that the military guy retired is proof that the president did what exactly? Ignored the military industrial complex?

Ouch indeed!

No, the fact that the most steady person in Trump's administration up to now decided to resign because Trump's decision was so outlandish he didn't want to be associated with it is a bit startling.

Not to mention the fact that major Trump supporters within the government are saying the same thing.

Again, I'm all for pulling troops out. But this was the wrong way to go about doing it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. We didn't do anything good there anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

"Whatever your stance on wars I think we can all agree that no good can come from allowing ISIS to reform into the problems they were in the past."

Last I heard, Syria and Russia were prepared to wipe them out to the last man. The US stopped them because humanitarian crisis. Then the US wanted to use them as freedom fighters against Iran. In fact, we were training them!

What you're hearing now is all BS propaganda. Don't believe it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Here's what I find ironic. trump bends over for putin and gives him Syria and will now bend over for Bebe and send troops to Iran. America is a warrior nation with a war economy. It's not going to change. War is big business.

Warrior nations don't bend over, do you even think before you type?

I'd just like to point out that this is 100%, wholly, untrue. Warrior nations are forced to bend over all the time. Everyone gets defeated sooner or later.

Whether that's militarily, or due to policy decisions, is up to the administration in power.

But ultimately, what you said is definitely false. There are countless examples throughout history.

I didn;'t say they bend over or don't, read the comments again. Jeezus!!!!!

Read comments again, I did say that. Not what I meant but f*** it, live by the sword
edit on 21-12-2018 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

link   

Fakest of the Fake, Fake news.

Bring the boys back home!

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Why do you want Americans to die in some sh*thole country?

Amen to that and I'd add to that, it's time for the rest of the world to step up to the plate and stop laying it all on our heads. Europe has more of an interest in that than we do. Let their people die to defend their own interests. We would not be there in the first place had Obama not sat idly by watching ISIS stage across Iraq unchallenged for months, when he could have stopped it then. It's his mess and it's time to get out of there.

It does seem the Left are turning into Hawks all of the sudden.

I personally think we pull out, turn the Syrian/Iraq border into a killing field nobody dares cross and let them kill each other all they want inside Syria. We have no interests there. Our place is defending Iraq's borders where we do have an interest.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Mattis, who you Trump voters praised so much, has resigned over Trumps decision to pull out from Syria.
I imagine that a man of war such as Mattis is better informed about the situation in Syria than any of you anonymous posters claiming you know everything.
How can it be that you believe that a reality TV show host aknows better than a man who has been in the military for 44 years?!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Mattis, who you Trump voters praised so much, has resigned over Trumps decision to pull out from Syria.
I imagine that a man of war such as Mattis is better informed about the situation in Syria than any of you anonymous posters claiming you know everything.
How can it be that you believe that a reality TV show host aknows better than a man who has been in the military for 44 years?!

A man of war...

Yep, I bet he is.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Voted for Trump and never praised Mattis. Knew all along Mattis was a puppet to the MIC! Next?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You mean when he gave them back their own money? Details matter dude.... they matter.
It was their own money. Refunded because we didnt come up with the planes they ordered.
But ignore that cuz it doesnt fit with your paradigm about Obama.... This is so sad. Just ignore details that dont jive with the story you want to tell. Pathetic actually.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Men in the military take their orders from their boss, The President.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

oh yes absolutely...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join