It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two days after Trump declared ISIS defeated they have launched a 'Huge' assault in Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So....... We already knew that the warmongering Republicans would have an issue with troops being pulled from the middle east because.... well..... it goes against the Republican campaign platform of "Perpetual War".

THE BEST PART of all of this, is that now the Democrats who have been "Anti War" and opposed to the invasion of the middle east, opposed to being involved in Syria, are now ANGRY that we are doing what they wanted in the first place and trying to come up with whatever justification possible to stay there, all because it is Trump that's doing this!

Jesus Christ, you couldn't make this $h!t up if you tried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

...This is just the latest in a long string of pro-Russia moves made by our president.

Honestly asking, what were the moves you are referencing?

The bottom of my original post summarizes 10 of them. The last link from the original topic has much more information.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Most Americans don't care what you guys across the pond think of us.

I know , only Americans matter in your insular world.
As for the rest of your post ... Meh.

Damn right they do, especially when we're discussing American lives and our economy on the line. I didn't expect you to address the rest of my post because you know I'm right.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What is the job, specifically, that we have to complete before we can get out?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didn't read the thread but I can predict how it's gone. Everyone that criticized Obama for pulling out of Iraq too early (using the timetable established under Bush) and causing the rise of ISIS are now trying to argue how Trump pulling out of Syria has nothing to do with the counterattack by ISIS.

link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
a reply to: Propagandalf

You have trouble grasping concepts don't you?

You see the post of mine you quoted was relating the contrary statements on the exact subject I was referring to. You on the other hand bring up the idea of nebulous policies being the reason why ISIS was started (without giving evidence to prove your claim) and question why I didn't come out against them.

It would be different if you could point to something I actually wrote supporting the claim, but to just criticize something I didn't do is an age old logical fallacy. Apparently that is the best you have going for you.

No I grasp concepts just fine. It's just that your argument against pulling out of Syria oddly resembles Trump's arguments against pulling out of Iraq. I just found it ironic. But frankly I doubt your arguments come from any guiding principle except that it must be the opposite of what Trump argues.

link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Outlast Russia, of course.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: BlackJackal

You are sad. I really feel for you.

ISIS in Syria isn't our business. Syria is a country capable of handling conflicts in it's territory how they deem appropriate, NOT how we deem it.

Outside of defending Kurdish areas in Syria, we shouldn't be there for any reason whatsoever. That is Syrian and Russian territory.

Our presence there would be comparable to the US assisting the Mexican military in taking out the cartels and Russia just popping in uninvited and unwelcome, and suddenly making demands to the US and Mexican militaries regarding operations, deeming some cartels Russian allies and off limits.

Tell me how that would fly.

So tell me this. Why should I trust your opinion on anything when you didn't know that ISIS was even in Syria. Why should I trust your geo-political plan when you didn't even know who our allies were in this conflict? Wouldn't you think the opinion of someone like you who hardly even understands what is going on would be circumspect at best?

So, if ISIS regrows and attacks American civilians you are going to be ok with that? You are ok putting the national security of our country in the hands of Syria and Russia?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Didn't read the thread but I can predict how it's gone. Everyone that criticized Obama for pulling out of Iraq too early (using the timetable established under Bush) and causing the rise of ISIS are now trying to argue how Trump pulling out of Syria has nothing to do with the counterattack by ISIS.

Spot on.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here's what I find ironic. trump bends over for putin and gives him Syria and will now bend over for Bebe and send troops to Iran. America is a warrior nation with a war economy. It's not going to change. War is big business.

Glad I don't have kids...
edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Why do you want Americans to die in some sh*thole country?

Because Orange Man Bad.

Remember when the left was against war?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Here's what I find ironic. trump bends over for putin and gives him Syria and will now bend over for Bebe and send troops to Iran. America is a warrior nation with a war economy. It's not going to change. War is big business.

Warrior nations don't bend over, do you even think before you type?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So.......... continue to police the world?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
What is the job, specifically, that we have to complete before we can get out?

Bankrupt the US taxpayer!

Today’s high school seniors have lived almost their entire lives in a country at war, their childhoods marked by the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and the beginning of the “Global War on Terror.” After graduation, some will enter the workforce, where they will feel the full weight of the national debt of the United States. It’s set to approach $29 trillion by the end of the next decade and has ballooned, in part, because of almost 17 years of the fight against terrorism. The national debt will impact graduates’ ability to attend and pay for college, gain and keep employment, marry, raise a family, and retire.

In the years since 9/11, the U.S. has waged a fight against terrorism that spans nearly every government agency. Counterterrorism spending has increased not just at the departments of Defense, State, and Homeland Security, but also at Agriculture and Commerce. By one count of a nonpartisan group of experts I surveyed, this spending totals $2.8 trillion.

Fortune

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Keep guessing....

Mattis did what he was hired to do. Now watch what happens.

Merry Christmas, All!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Perhaps you should just go home because the peoples of the world are tired of watching your swashbuckling rampage through the Middle East. How many dead courtesy of the self appointed world police?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Overall, I think it's great that we're pulling troops out of the ME. We have no business playing world police nowadays.

However, a few things about this situation bother me:

1. He announced this in a tweet. Blindsiding both sides of the aisle. Press conferences, etc were cancelled because no one knew what was going on and had no idea how to address it. That's crazy, and pretty much the exact opposite of the correct way to do something like this. Also, since both sides were blindsided, it's pretty clear that it was sort of a spur of the moment decision. Another reason why it's pretty much the opposite of the correct way to do it.

2. Pretty much immediately afterward, Mattis resigned. That's a red flag if I've ever seen one. Dude is a military strategy genius, and he clearly disagrees with the decision, and said as much in his resignation letter. That's disturbing to me. He was a rock in a very shaky administration, and he resigned so quickly after the announcement, that speaks volumes.

3. It isn't often that Trump supporters and non-supporters within the government agree on decisions Trump makes. However, in this case, you have big names from both sides in complete agreement that it's a treacherous move. That also speaks volumes.

Bottom line, I'm all for pulling troops back home. However, there is a right and a wrong way to do that. In this instance, it seem that he went about it the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Everyone that criticized Obama for pulling out of Iraq too early (using the timetable established under Bush) and causing the rise of ISIS are now trying to argue how Trump pulling out of Syria has nothing to do with the counterattack by ISIS.

I bet you can't prove that statement.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
More than 150 trucks loaded with logistical equipment from the International Coalition to the #SDF

Did you want a fully submissive Syria? I think 30% possession is a reasonable compromise. Please explain for all of us here, how much more of former Syria under now NATO/SDF control will it take to be considered not bending over for Putin , especially with the fact we have taken more Russian lives in Syria than the ISIS themselves.
Are you going to go quiet like Silly as well, unable to explain how AMerican forces taking out Russian forces is still bending over for Putin?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Warrior nations don't bend over, do you even think before you type?

Trump isn't in control. The neocons still are and therein is the irony I was referencing.

You don't think it's just a matter of time until we have boots on the ground in Iran?
edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join