It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two days after Trump declared ISIS defeated they have launched a 'Huge' assault in Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
you also have to remember that the official story as sold to us in the media is nothing more than a dog and pony show. Lets not forget there is a movement within congress to give official recognition to the state of Rojava. We shall see how that goes continuing into 2019.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You are sad. I really feel for you.

ISIS in Syria isn't our business. Syria is a country capable of handling conflicts in it's territory how they deem appropriate, NOT how we deem it.

Outside of defending Kurdish areas in Syria, we shouldn't be there for any reason whatsoever. That is Syrian and Russian territory.

Our presence there would be comparable to the US assisting the Mexican military in taking out the cartels and Russia just popping in uninvited and unwelcome, and suddenly making demands to the US and Mexican militaries regarding operations, deeming some cartels Russian allies and off limits.

Tell me how that would fly.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
buddy, we have control of over a third of Syria under NATO forces with a 50,000 strong SDF militant group that has been heavily armed and equipped by various American and European defense contracts as well as recently installed radar sites and possibly air defense assets. Read between the lines, Rojava will soon be recognized as a separate state.
That means we can technically pull out of Syria, and still be inside of it at the same time. You do remember doublespeak 101 right?

With Kosovo gaining its own independent military soon, they may likely utilize forces from that state to bolster the borders of Rojava as well int he coming years. Small off random events may seem random, but are intricately interlinked with actions across the globe.
edit on 12-21-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So now you guys want to police the world.
Make up your minds.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Propagandalf

I'm sure you were out there rebuking Obama's policies which led to the forming of ISIS in the first place. No, it was crickets, wasn't it.

appeal to hypocrisy

I will be honest, it is absolutely stunning to see how quickly people on this board switch their views that they held just months ago just to defend Trump's decisions. You don't have to go back far to find multiple threads about the threat ISIS posed to the United States on this board. Go back to Obama's time in office and you would think that ISIS was the second coming of Hitler. But now that Trump is pulling out of Syria those same people are defending the move as brilliant and downplaying the severity of ISIS.

The irony.

edit on 21-12-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: DBCowboy

I though isis was defeated? we're there now to assure it stays that way. until at the very least a plan is in place. why the rush?

do you want isis to flouish again? that's like crapping on all those who fought prior.

You speak with the logic of a child, are you a child?
Because a president decides that it is in American interests to walk away from what is, in fact, a proxy war, you decide to invoke the spirits of those who have died to berate him.

One day son...

You speak of Trump like a king. Like his word and his opinion are the most important thing in the world. You don't take into account that General Mattis and other military leaders consider this to be a very bad move. You believe that Donald Trump who until last year was nothing more than a celebrity knows more about military than actual generals. Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

I realize how crazy it sounds to smack down on somebody from the UK, born in the UK, England in fact. I honestly think you can't understand the shi* you are in because you are in it.
You need to look outside, and as much hate as there is for Trump, there is just as much respect for the way he is just going on, doing the things he thinks are best for his country, and they are working.

Wake the f*** up.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I though isis was defeated? we're there now to assure it stays that way. until at the very least a plan is in place. why the rush?

do you want isis to flouish again? that's like crapping on all those who fought prior.

Let me get this straight.

You WANT us to be the world police.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

We're not fighting wars to win anymore.

We're fighting wars to perpetuate wars.

This is an anathema to every soldier.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

i'm astounded some of you would ditch your allies in a snap cuz pres. bone spurs AGAINST long standing military officials.

mind boggling really. bunch of weak ass pusses..

it's quite apparent now who the putin lovin trump supporters are, tho. patriots they are not, patriots don't leave allies without a plan, period.

WTF are you talking about? Allies? What allies? We don't have any in Syria (other than the Kurds).

Syria, you know the country in question, wants us OUT.

Lib's are so ignorant in their TDS they honestly just kick and scream like a 2-year old. Whining just to whine, while being completely ignorant and uninformed of the facts of the matter.

Typical.

Again, you are uneducated and ignorant.

The United Kingdom, France, Turkey and others are there with us.

Wikipedia

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree with you to an extent. However, you can clearly see by my posts here alone, that I for one do not even accept this proclamation as truth because I recognize double speak.

Rojava used to be a part of Syria. The bulk of US forces are inside of Rojava. With the investment made into Rojava since 2017, especially with the delivery of scores of heavy armory, hundreds of light and medium armor, artillery, ATGM's, active radar sites being deployed and the regular completion of training which if anybody bothered to research foreign media and the social media channels of certain factions themselves, the bi-partisan support for a recognized independent Rojava, we would see what is the beginning of a new state.

So although we would technically be inside Syria based on the historical understanding of borders, we technically would not be once the recognition of a separate state is solidified in writing. This is what is meant by withdrawing from Syria. The only other part of Syria I imagine an actual withdrawal from is al-Tanf at the Jordan border.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I agree with you to an extent. However, you can clearly see by my posts here alone, that I for one do not even accept this proclamation as truth because I recognize double speak.

Rojava used to be a part of Syria. The bulk of US forces are inside of Rojava. With the investment made into Rojava since 2017, especially with the delivery of scores of heavy armory, hundreds of light and medium armor, artillery, ATGM's, active radar sites being deployed and the regular completion of training which if anybody bothered to research foreign media and the social media channels of certain factions themselves, the bi-partisan support for a recognized independent Rojava, we would see what is the beginning of a new state.

So although we would technically be inside Syria based on the historical understanding of borders, we technically would not be once the recognition of a separate state is solidified in writing. This is what is meant by withdrawing from Syria. The only other part of Syria I imagine an actual withdrawal from is al-Tanf at the Jordan border.

I was just quoting the OPs appeal to hypocrisy, and the hypocrisy in calling others on it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I read your post before any replies were made. I noted the thought and time you put into it, the list of concerns and the list of links supporting your position.

I saw that there were no replies yet and decided that I had little to add other than what you had already stated.

I thought as well that I would come back to the thread in a half hour or so and that what I would see would be that your well written post would have a few stars while the immediate ''one liner'' replies would have stars circling the block.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

i'm astounded some of you would ditch your allies in a snap cuz pres. bone spurs AGAINST long standing military officials.

mind boggling really. bunch of weak ass pusses..

it's quite apparent now who the putin lovin trump supporters are, tho. patriots they are not, patriots don't leave allies without a plan, period.

WTF are you talking about? Allies? What allies? We don't have any in Syria (other than the Kurds).

Syria, you know the country in question, wants us OUT.

Lib's are so ignorant in their TDS they honestly just kick and scream like a 2-year old. Whining just to whine, while being completely ignorant and uninformed of the facts of the matter.

Typical.

Again, you are uneducated and ignorant.

The United Kingdom, France, Turkey and others are there with us.

Wikipedia

Turkey wants to revive the Ottoman Empire, France wants to placate the inordinate amount of muslims in their country, the UK is there because well, we always back the USA, just as they always back us (Except for the f***ing Falklands, can't forget that).

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You speak with the logic of a child, are you a child?
Because a president decides that it is in American interests to walk away from what is, in fact, a proxy war, you decide to invoke the spirits of those who have died to berate him.

One day son...

You speak of Trump like a king. Like his word and his opinion are the most important thing in the world. You don't take into account that General Mattis and other military leaders consider this to be a very bad move. You believe that Donald Trump who until last year was nothing more than a celebrity knows more about military than actual generals. Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

I realize how crazy it sounds to smack down on somebody from the UK, born in the UK, England in fact. I honestly think you can't understand the shi* you are in because you are in it.
You need to look outside, and as much hate as there is for Trump, there is just as much respect for the way he is just going on, doing the things he thinks are best for his country, and they are working.

Wake the f*** up.

Dude, the world for the most part sees Trump for what he is, a clown. Around the globe and especially amongst our allies he is viewed as incompetent. I'm sorry but the respect Trump receives is from that small percentage of the population that I would not like to align myself with.

In every major poll confidence in America is dwindling across the globe, especially in our leadership.

Although he has only been in office a few months, Donald Trump’s presidency has had a major impact on how the world sees the United States. Trump and many of his key policies are broadly unpopular around the globe, and ratings for the U.S. have declined steeply in many nations. According to a new Pew Research Center survey spanning 37 nations, a median of just 22% has confidence in Trump to do the right thing when it comes to international affairs. This stands in contrast to the final years of Barack Obama’s presidency, when a median of 64% expressed confidence in Trump’s predecessor to direct America’s role in the world.

U.S. Image Suffers as Publics Around World Question Trump’s Leadership

Now, as the second anniversary of Trump’s election approaches, a new 25-nation Pew Research Center survey finds that Trump’s international image remains poor, while ratings for the United States are much lower than during Barack Obama’s presidency.

The poll also finds that international publics express significant concerns about America’s role in world affairs. Large majorities say the U.S. doesn’t take into account the interests of countries like theirs when making foreign policy decisions. Many believe the U.S. is doing less to help solve major global challenges than it used to. And there are signs that American soft power is waning as well, including the fact that, while the U.S. maintains its reputation for respecting individual liberty, fewer believe this than a decade ago.

Trump’s International Ratings Remain Low, Especially Among Key Allies

I'm sorry but it is you who needs to wake up.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

...This is just the latest in a long string of pro-Russia moves made by our president.

Honestly asking, what were the moves you are referencing?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: eXia7
Look man, it's expensive to be the world police all the time. We've literally been in perpetual war for decades, clearly we aren't making a dent in fixing the middle east's problems.

How much more money can we really afford to give to these wars, and rebuild all the # that gets destroyed? How many more generations do people expect to shoulder the burden of debt to fight banker wars?

We have been putting the largest percentage of our budget into defense for the last 70 years. Do you think that is going to change? Trump even raised the defense budget by a record amount and yet now you are concerned about spending money on defense? Where were you when they passed the budget? Because if you were ok for the budget then you don't have an argument here.

Plus, even if we do pull out of Syria we will still spend the same on defense next year that we did this year. There will be no saved money.

I'm fine with a defense budget. Not an invade all 3rd world oil rich countries and destabilize their country so we can steal their resources and manipulate their governments budget.

Ok, so are you saying we invaded a peaceful Syria and threw it into chaos? Surely not....

Syria was involved in a civil war that allowed ISIS to grow. We stepped in once ISIS started carrying out attacks abroad. What should we have done? Nothing? Allow ISIS to grow unimpeded? Allow them to keep carrying out terror attacks abroad?

What should we have done?

The previous administration basking inn the early glow of the Arab Spring poured fuel on the Syrian fire, by unknowingly dropping arms to many factions against Asaad but also imbedded with radical islamists that would migrate to ISIS. It was a gross miscalculation and lack of fully understanding Syria has many groups and couldnt become united enough to topple Asaad.Those american arms ended up suppling a messload of ISIS, and it became necessary for Russia to get involved to knockdown the ISIS problem. Of course there is the expected collateral damage, and the outright removal of threats to Asaad but dammit it really the lesser of two evils,Asaad sucks but its better than ISIS we cant continue to create power vacuums through out the middle east, when we have no means to effectively replace them. Not to mention Russia isnt gonna give up Syria without huge escalation, after almost 30 years of conflict, a divided American public isnt unified enough at home to continue or expand conflicts elsewhere. About the only certain outcome is it would give ammunition to drill Trump as he is in the middle of a hot war.

The main thing though is that war the big one the whole tamale in the middle east is likely coming but no reason to kick it off early. Let it stabilize, stay alert, there will still be an American presence in the middle east and we can always go back.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You have trouble grasping concepts don't you?

You see the post of mine you quoted was relating the contrary statements on the exact subject I was referring to. You on the other hand bring up the idea of nebulous policies being the reason why ISIS was started (without giving evidence to prove your claim) and question why I didn't come out against them.

It would be different if you could point to something I actually wrote supporting the claim, but to just criticize something I didn't do is an age old logical fallacy. Apparently that is the best you have going for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Two days after Trump declared ISIS defeated they have launched a 'Huge' assault in Syria

Let them deal with it.

My countryman's lives and taxes will be spared.

F### it, we're good now.

Are you sure? If we leave prior to finishing the job that we started what is to stop ISIS from reforming and killing civilians again?

Than they can do what we did to form our country and revolt.

Where have we helped in the middle east?

Who there is better off than when we sent in ground troops?

Take your time on answering that. The answer is we did good once in the 90's.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

...This is just the latest in a long string of pro-Russia moves made by our president.

Honestly asking, what were the moves you are referencing?

Trump ,moves out of Syria, let's Russia gain a foothold, Russia then invades Turkey with the beneplacit of Erdogan therefore taking control of the eastern meditteranean. Russia lets islamic fools run riot in the meditteranean, conquers the balkans AGAIN!!! and invades eastern europe, meanwhile the US sits back, builds a wall, hates california and reinvents Hawaii into a space centre...I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join