It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two days after Trump declared ISIS defeated they have launched a 'Huge' assault in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: eXia7

Look man, it's expensive to be the world police all the time. We've literally been in perpetual war for decades, clearly we aren't making a dent in fixing the middle east's problems.

How much more money can we really afford to give to these wars, and rebuild all the # that gets destroyed? How many more generations do people expect to shoulder the burden of debt to fight banker wars?

We have been putting the largest percentage of our budget into defense for the last 70 years. Do you think that is going to change? Trump even raised the defense budget by a record amount and yet now you are concerned about spending money on defense? Where were you when they passed the budget? Because if you were ok for the budget then you don't have an argument here.

Plus, even if we do pull out of Syria we will still spend the same on defense next year that we did this year. There will be no saved money.

I'm fine with a defense budget. Not an invade all 3rd world oil rich countries and destabilize their country so we can steal their resources and manipulate their governments budget.

Ok, so are you saying we invaded a peaceful Syria and threw it into chaos? Surely not....

Syria was involved in a civil war that allowed ISIS to grow. We stepped in once ISIS started carrying out attacks abroad. What should we have done? Nothing? Allow ISIS to grow unimpeded? Allow them to keep carrying out terror attacks abroad?

What should we have done?

I don't know, maybe bombed all those convoys obama ignored? Might have saved a lot of time and effort.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Imagine all the money it will save too ...... has to be a pile of it allocated ! Wonder where we could use that in the budget ?
edit on 12212018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

It was and still is a clandestine proxy war that was contrived and initiated during the Obama administration collusion with Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Hillary Clinton"s State Department to oust Assad so a pipeline could be built through Syria into Turkey.

Bingo, im glad im not the only one who actually remembers what the hell actually happened

link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: BlackJackal
Well I don't see what you are worried about truly, especially when I laid out all the assets and bases to show you we are not actually going anywhere. Rojava is not really part of Syria anymore. It has been split off. So all the troops are simply falling back.
But you tell me Jackal, is Trump the biggest liar and everything he says are lies, or is he telling the truth this one and only time because it suits your narrative for this thread??

To answer your question, Trump has done nothing at all to earn my trust. When he won the presidency I argued with my friends to give him a chance, that he deserved it. I honestly thought he wanted the best for this country and was just a little rough around the edges. I had heard the rumblings about Russia but thought surely that is just the same ol political musings that always pop up.

So, he was inaugurated and I was happy for him. I watched the inauguration as a proud American and even though I didn't vote for him I thought it was awesome that a non-politician was able to become president. I had high hopes for him, a political outsider, to do some good for our country. To drain the swamp, lower the deficit, to make America Great Again. It was a good time.

But it didn't last long. The day after his inauguration he made a huge deal about his crowd size, saying it was the biggest ever when it was evidently not. Then he lied about the weather at his inauguration saying it wasn't raining. And then the lies just kept coming. On top of that he has made many many questionable moves as president that were beneficial to Russia. At one point he even argued against a Pro-Chinese bill to put the Chinese people back to work. It became evident fairly quickly that Trump was only out for himself, he was not looking out for the American people. Plus, he is a pathological liar that believes the crazy crap that comes out of his mouth.

So in summary, no I do not trust him at all with as much and as often as he lies no one in their right mind should trust him.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yep! All those who constantly whine that the US should stop sticking it's nose in other countries business and being the world police are now cheerleaders for the MIC, because the talking heads and MIC puppets in Congress are upset we are pulling out. Can't make this stuff up...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingsquirel

originally posted by: Jonjonj

It's incredible really, a few people have echoed this in the thread, but I will have my say.

You disgust me, with your pathetic attempts at anti-presidential rhetoric; you could give absolutely no f**** whatsoever about
American boys and girls risking their lives, and losing their lives, as long as you get your impeached president.

Shame on you.

A non-American.

Well said my exact thoughts; As not only our men and women are dying for a war that is not ours, but this destabilizing of other soveirgn nation states with mass migration as its consequence needs to stop and stop now

Such short memory. The only reason we are there is because ISIS was killing American civilians. We are not fighting in someone elses war, this is for American interests.

What is said is that if Obama was the one who made this decision you could easily see the logic but since it's Trump you fall in line like a good dog.

Your first problem is you assume much, your second is I hold a one political affiliation.

Cannot a U.S. citizen just be tired of continual wars which gain nothing but death and isolation?

link   

Look man, it's expensive to be the world police all the time. We've literally been in perpetual war for decades, clearly we aren't making a dent in fixing the middle east's problems.

How much more money can we really afford to give to these wars, and rebuild all the # that gets destroyed? How many more generations do people expect to shoulder the burden of debt to fight banker wars?

We have been putting the largest percentage of our budget into defense for the last 70 years. Do you think that is going to change? Trump even raised the defense budget by a record amount and yet now you are concerned about spending money on defense? Where were you when they passed the budget? Because if you were ok for the budget then you don't have an argument here.

Plus, even if we do pull out of Syria we will still spend the same on defense next year that we did this year. There will be no saved money.

I'm fine with a defense budget. Not an invade all 3rd world oil rich countries and destabilize their country so we can steal their resources and manipulate their governments budget.

Ok, so are you saying we invaded a peaceful Syria and threw it into chaos? Surely not....

Syria was involved in a civil war that allowed ISIS to grow. We stepped in once ISIS started carrying out attacks abroad. What should we have done? Nothing? Allow ISIS to grow unimpeded? Allow them to keep carrying out terror attacks abroad?

What should we have done?

I don't know, maybe bombed all those convoys obama ignored? Might have saved a lot of time and effort.

So, let me get this straight. You want us to pull out now to save money but you are mad that Obama didn't use money to bomb convoys?

Which is it?

link   

I though isis was defeated? we're there now to assure it stays that way. until at the very least a plan is in place. why the rush?

do you want isis to flouish again? that's like crapping on all those who fought prior.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
actually it was not Bush that helped ISIS form, but former Iraqi PM Al-Maliki and Obama's indifference to the formers sectarian persecution that resulted from Obama's hands off policy in Iraq. He basically let him run it how he saw fit, and how he saw fit was to persecute and slaughter the men(Sons of Iraq) who actually stabilized Iraq from foreign fighters after a deal with the Pentagon. They were not the right flavor or Islam, so the PM began eliminating them and replacing with loyalists. They ran into the desert, linked up with rising stars of terrorism, and BAM, that was the birth of ISIS.

Direct culpability go to Obama and Nouri Al-Maliki.

so then are you subtly admitting that this pulling troops out of Syria is another lie you do not trust? Is that accurate?
edit on 12-21-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
and it was bush that let the radicals in Iraq raid saddam's arsenals and walk away with the arms...
who then went underground and came back out as Isis....
guess they need to update their arms again maybe??? time to split and run and leave some goodies for them for the next round?

Bush? Im no fan of bush but You must have forgotten that it was under Obama that extremists came into Iraq and requisitioned all the gear that was there after they swept over Iraqi troops, or all the supply drops that Obama basically handed to them.

Do you guys seriously have mental blocks of the last, 9 years?

Besids that fact, your whataboutism, doesnt change the fact you were completely wrong about how and why we were in Syria in the first place.....

edit on 12/21/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: kingsquirel

It's incredible really, a few people have echoed this in the thread, but I will have my say.

You disgust me, with your pathetic attempts at anti-presidential rhetoric; you could give absolutely no f**** whatsoever about
American boys and girls risking their lives, and losing their lives, as long as you get your impeached president.

Shame on you.

A non-American.

Well said my exact thoughts; As not only our men and women are dying for a war that is not ours, but this destabilizing of other soveirgn nation states with mass migration as its consequence needs to stop and stop now

Such short memory. The only reason we are there is because ISIS was killing American civilians.

In Syria?!?

Have you actually lost your mind or do you just like posting bullsh*t?

Yes, Syria.

It really is sad when someone like you comes along. You truly believe you are right. You truly think I am wrong. You have been told by somebody that what I am saying is nonsense. ISIS was never in Syria at all, never. This BlackJackal guy is a damn moron, I can't believe this guy trying to lie to me.

But then, I have to burst your bubble and make you reconsider what you consider to be fact.

ISIS FACTS

• Started as an al Qaeda splinter group.
  • ISIS aims to create an Islamic state called a caliphate across Iraq, Syria and beyond.
  • In 2014, ISIS controlled more than 34,000 square miles in Syria and Iraq, from the Mediterranean coast to south of Baghdad.

So, yes, Syria, yes

LINK
edit on 21-12-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I though isis was defeated? we're there now to assure it stays that way. until at the very least a plan is in place. why the rush?

do you want isis to flouish again? that's like crapping on all those who fought prior.

You speak with the logic of a child, are you a child?
Because a president decides that it is in American interests to walk away from what is, in fact, a proxy war, you decide to invoke the spirits of those who have died to berate him.

One day son...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: dawnstar

so then are you subtly admitting that this pulling troops out of Syria is another lie you do not trust? Is that accurate?

I would not trust Trump's words alone but taking his words with the fact that General Mattis resigned in protest tells me he is serious. Plus, this is a good move for Russia something Trump has been keen to do in the past.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

i'm astounded some of you would ditch your allies in a snap cuz pres. bone spurs AGAINST long standing military officials.

mind boggling really. bunch of weak ass pusses..

it's quite apparent now who the putin lovin trump supporters are, tho. patriots they are not, patriots don't leave allies without a plan, period.

WTF are you talking about? Allies? What allies? We don't have any in Syria (other than the Kurds).

Syria, you know the country in question, wants us OUT.

Lib's are so ignorant in their TDS they honestly just kick and scream like a 2-year old. Whining just to whine, while being completely ignorant and uninformed of the facts of the matter.

Typical.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You are both suffering from a communication error. His exclamatory question was in reference to saving American lives. The underlying question was when were American lives in danger by ISIS inside of Syria. You misunderstood it as what is ISIS doing in Syria?

He wants to know at what point were Americans killed by ISIS inside of Syria, but you were referring to their global attacks when it came to American as well as European lives lost at the hands of ISIS. is this accurate?
a reply to: Vector99
We have a host of allies inside of Syria. Special operators from France, Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Jordan, Australia and Britain are all operating inside of Syria, or more specifically, what is now known as Rojava (formerly North East Syria) .

edit on 12-21-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'm sure you were out there rebuking Obama's policies which led to the forming of ISIS in the first place. No, it was crickets, wasn't it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You speak with the logic of a child, are you a child?
Because a president decides that it is in American interests to walk away from what is, in fact, a proxy war, you decide to invoke the spirits of those who have died to berate him.

One day son...

You speak of Trump like a king. Like his word and his opinion are the most important thing in the world. You don't take into account that General Mattis and other military leaders consider this to be a very bad move. You believe that Donald Trump who until last year was nothing more than a celebrity knows more about military than actual generals. Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Lol@the op for believing in this false flag attack.
😲

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

I'm sure you were out there rebuking Obama's policies which led to the forming of ISIS in the first place. No, it was crickets, wasn't it.

appeal to hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this out there...

Putin wanted the US out of Syria. And trump bent over....that's why Mattis left, pure and simple.

Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support. Now they're gone and russia will be in control of the region. what could possibly go wrong with russia's new alliance with China. Russia is not our friend and we just gave them control of the ME and the oil shipping lanes. Smart move trump!

This isn't a move to more peace in the region...this is a move toward a BIG war with horrible consequences.

nationalinterest.org...

edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join