It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two days after Trump declared ISIS defeated they have launched a 'Huge' assault in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The area in which the assault is taking place is on 35% under the control of Syrian Democratic Forces. Additionally, our Kurdish allies in Syria are also reporting that they may be unable to maintain control of ISIS prisoners if the situation gets out of hand.[1]

The move by Trump to pull our troops out of Syria before ISIS has been contained has been rebuked by members of both the right and left. Whatever your stance on wars I think we can all agree that no good can come from allowing ISIS to reform into the problems they were in the past. To allow them breathing room so that they may plan attacks on the United States and potentially killing US citizens.

Defense Secretary Mattis resigned in protest over this move and others by Trump that he believed weakened the United States at home and abroad. In addition to this move General Mattis objected to Trump's treatment of our allies.[2]

I will be honest, it is absolutely stunning to see how quickly people on this board switch their views that they held just months ago just to defend Trump's decisions. You don't have to go back far to find multiple threads about the threat ISIS posed to the United States on this board. Go back to Obama's time in office and you would think that ISIS was the second coming of Hitler. But now that Trump is pulling out of Syria those same people are defending the move as brilliant and downplaying the severity of ISIS.

Bottom line is that General Mattis knows more about the military than anyone on this board and definitely more than Trump. Yet, for some reason people are not concerned when General Mattis resigns in protest and spells out in his resignation letter that he thinks Trump is helping to build a world that Russia and China want. Yet, you still support Trump. Putin said himself that he agrees with the US pulling out of Syria.[3] Russia isn't pulling out so he isn't applauding our humanitarian efforts, no, he is applauding the fact that we are handing them control. Not only that but many analysts and Israel see this move as a big win for Iran as well.[4]

This is just the latest in a long string of pro-Russia moves made by our president. And yet, you still support him. I wonder what will it take for you to see that Trump does not have America's best interest in mind. Either he is too ignorant to see that he is making bad decisions or he is intentionally making moves which are beneficial to an American adversary. (Also, before anyone tries to say that Russia is not our adversary they are, they have been for years, they have constantly attacked our country via cyberwarfare, they are anti democratic, and are constantly working against us on the world stage. All things that an ally would not do but an adversary would.)

How much evidence do you need before you realize Trump is really too comfy with Russia than he should be? Here is just some of the things, other than the Syria pullout, that Trump has done which benefits Russian interests. This is just a summary, please read the article for detailed information.

• Trump called the US's relationship with NATO into question, actively stating that we might not come to the defense of a nation if it was attacked.
  • Trump has attacked the EU on many occasions and actively supports pro-Russian political movements
  • Trump continues to push for an all out Trade War with Europe
  • America’s closest allies are explicitly suspicious and distrusting of the US because of Trump’s rhetoric and actions.
  • Trump tries to roll back, impede, and blunt the impact of sanctions at every step.
  • Trump repeatedly praises and defends Putin, lending the weight of the US presidency providing validation towards Putin’s cause.
  • Trump publicly says that Crimea is part of Russia and calls for Russia to be welcomed back into the international community with no concessions.
  • Trump dismisses Russian interference and has done nothing to prevent future interference, putting him at odds with his own intelligence community.
  • Trump is shifting the Republican Party’s generations-long hawkish views on Russia.
  • Trump attacks US institutions while driving divisive politics and eroding democratic norms.

[5]

The bottom line is that many of you are being controlled and told what to believe. If you want to break free ask yourself, why did Trump and his campaign have so much contact with just Russia during the campaign? If all these contacts were just the incoming campaign doing their job and talking to foreign governments, why didn't they talk to our allies as much as they did an adversary like Russia? Why are their emails sent to Donald Trump Jr. explicitly saying that the Russian government was helping Donald Trump become president? Why once Trump has become president has he constantly made moves that are pro-Russian? Why did Trump go so far as to fire the FBI director because he was investigating Russia even when he wasn't part of the investigation at that time? Why has Trump spent so much time and energy working to discredit the Mueller investigation if he was innocent?

There are tons of other questions I could pose like why did he get on a stage and agree with Putin against US intelligence officials or why he preached about Russia being awesome during the campaign, but even this much should be able to paint a picture. Even a blind man can tell that Trump really likes Russia, so the question is why? Is it possible that our President is being influenced by Russia? Is it possible? Just ponder that.

[1] Kurdish-led Forces Report 'Huge' ISIS Assault in Southeast Syria
[2] James Mattis’s Final Protest Against the President
[3] Russia praises US decision to pull troops out of Syria
[4] Israel Sees Iran Moving Closer as Trump Clears the Way in Syria
[5] PUTIN’S PAYOUT: 10 WAYS TRUMP HAS SUPPORTED PUTIN’S FOREIGN POLICY AGENDA

+54 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Why do you want Americans to die in some sh*thole country?

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Look man, it's expensive to be the world police all the time. We've literally been in perpetual war for decades, clearly we aren't making a dent in fixing the middle east's problems.

How much more money can we really afford to give to these wars, and rebuild all the # that gets destroyed? How many more generations do people expect to shoulder the burden of debt to fight banker wars?

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You need help.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Look man, it's expensive to be the world police all the time. We've literally been in perpetual war for decades, clearly we aren't making a dent in fixing the middle east's problems.

How much more money can we really afford to give to these wars, and rebuild all the # that gets destroyed? How many more generations do people expect to shoulder the burden of debt to fight banker wars?

which country began the destabilization and subsequent war in Syria?

which country is consistantly destabilizing the ME?
not the USA huh? i think china and Sweden need to stop invading other countries...

wham bam thank you mam.... they can clean up their own rubbles and ammunition waste 😉

'muhhhkah
edit on 21-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Why do you want Americans to die in some sh*thole country?

I want us to finish the job we started. I want us to not leave our allies in a lurch. I don't want to give Russia and Iran what they want. I don't want any American citizens to die in terrorist attacks.

Do you think when we leave ISIS is going to suddenly be ok with America and forget about us? Do you not think if they are able to regrow that they won't come after us in the future?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
You need help.

I know facts hurt your brain, I'm sorry.

+11 more 
link   
How about we not stay there and let those people kill themselves. Bush and Obama have shown us that wasting Trillions dropping bombs does nothing but continue the problem. The reason we have terrorists is that we drop bombs and we drop bombs because we create terrorists.

+34 more 
link   
Wait what happened to the left and "let countries handle their own problems"? Now they are the war hawks????? Yeesh.....

Russia did more in 6 months to ISIS than we did in years in Syria, they are also allies w Syria, let them continue to clean them up and bring our men and women home....... Full stop...... The rest of this is just political pandering and Trump hate......

I could give a crap less about Trump or the need to waffle more than a southern pancake house because people don't like him....

Bring em home

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just let Russia have their way. Putins puppet all the way.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't want to give Russia and Iran what they want

You mean like when OBama gave them pallets of cash?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

not the USA huh? i think china and Sweden need to stop invading other countries...

wham bam thank you mam.... they can clean up their own rubbles and ammunition waste 😉

'muhhhkah

Yeah, I don't have control of banker lead coups

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Do you think when we leave ISIS is going to suddenly be ok with America and forget about us? Do you not think if they are able to regrow that they won't come after us in the future

No Russia will Continue to wipe them out in Syria because it's in their best interest to remove them....

But now w the freedom to do so w out the hindrance of the political football thst the US brings to the table being there playing the shell game w Turkey, Iran, and Russia......
edit on 12/21/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Lol, what a trash thread, as long as it's against Trump, eh?

Lmfao, get our people out.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Perhaps with the US out of the way Russia and Syria will finally be able to get rid of all the terrorists.

link   
What? I got Christmas shopping to do son, I don't care about the continuing world war! Remind me how long we were in Iraq after bush declared victory in 2003? Oh yea, we still there.

I understand you like to do your damned best to get some cheap shots in when you believe you can, but we all need to come back to reality. Saying we are leaving the country, and actually leaving are two different actions.

Even when Obama pulled out of Iraq, we still held on to our bases and had troops in the country conducting counter terror support with our Iraqi partners. We secured all the land East of the Euphrates in Syria. We have activated several radar sites and both us and the French are hosting international forces within their bases there. When he says we are leaving Syria, its because the distinction of Rojava has been discreetly acknowledged, and we are parking them all(troops) there.

Radar Instalations Being Setup in East Syria
Rojava Resistance
‏ @RojavaCudi

The U.S Army has started to install advanced radar systems at their air bases from #Rojava to establish a no-fly zone for the areas controlled by the #YPJ/#YPG[/url]

I promise you Jackal, we are not making the same mistakes Obama did. NATO's piece of the pie will remain under NATO operational command administered by the SDF/YPG .

link   

We have been putting the largest percentage of our budget into defense for the last 70 years. Do you think that is going to change? Trump even raised the defense budget by a record amount and yet now you are concerned about spending money on defense? Where were you when they passed the budget? Because if you were ok for the budget then you don't have an argument here.

Plus, even if we do pull out of Syria we will still spend the same on defense next year that we did this year. There will be no saved money.

+16 more 
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Just let Russia have their way. Putins puppet all the way.
No silly you're a puppet of the MSM.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Trumps bottom line is money , he doesn't understand anything else so the implications of his actions in situations like this are lost on him , there's a reason his staff are jumping ship ... he doesn't listen.

He is damaging America's standing in the world but neither he nor his supporters see it.

Good thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

'muhhhkah

Um, the Syrian civil war was started by syria.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join