It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations, You Beat The Odds Of 1 In A Quintillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
By just being alive, the odds that we made it to exist are truly staggering.
Here is the basic science.

A woman is born with 2 million eggs she will never make more, and hundreds of thousands die before they ever make it to be in position to be fertilized, especially before puberty hits. Over 10 thousand die a month before puberty comes and then 1000 eggs die a month during her best years,
we are a product of just 1 of those eggs.

Each time there is relations 250 million little guys(on average it could be is high as 1.2 billion) go racing to meet that egg, only one makes it, we are a product of that final unique union, the rest die, and of coarse other variables like there is no egg there to meet, or people have taken birth control action, in fact if we got conceived while our parents were practicing active birth control you can multiply the final odds exponentially from the final tally.

One study says a person will have sex an average 89 times per year in his life, if we say 30 of those years are child producing years that is 2670 chances
Also only 50% of fertilized eggs do make it.

So let's do the math 2M X 250M X 2670 X 2 = 2.67 Quintillion

So basically those are odds of you being alive 1 in 2.67 Quintillion and much higher if your parents were actively trying to stop a pregnancy.
A quintillion is a 1 followed by 18 zero's.

Congratulations we all won the life jackpot.

edit on 21-12-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They just found out that women can actually produce more eggs during their lifetime if nutrition is correct for them to do so.

I didn't have better odds, the other eggs and sperms were just not very lucky. There is a lot of food chemistry touted as good for us that lowers the ability of sperm and eggs to work right. I know, population control is good, but some people are having major problems with making kids these days. Birth control brings the chance of being born way down too, if birth control was pushed say five hundred years ago, we would have probably gone extinct, because they would have pushed it on the common people and often the royal families have genetics that can lead to early death if they had to do stuff like farming.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Man, I should play the lottery.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There's a very thin line between blessed and cursed. Just ask the poor souls born into a life of suffering.

Maybe the afterlife takes place in a woman's womb.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
89 times a year ?
Wow, I'm finally ahead of the curve on something.

Wait...it probably means with another person huh?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Odds are irrelevant once an event occurs.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Odds are irrelevant once an event occurs.

Yeah, it's not like it didn't happen. And just because it might take a billion tries to have dice come up snake eyes a thousand times in a row, it might happen on the very first 1,000 throws. Beginner's luck.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
There's a very thin line between blessed and cursed. Just ask the poor souls born into a life of suffering.

Life is suffering. We're driven onward through existence by our biological and social hungers and desires, which are expressions of pain that we're just used to. There are fleeting moments of what we call "joy" or "happiness," but they're usually just temporary cessations of pain because we're momentarily satisfied or distracted. Then we deteriorate and die (usually in misery) to make room for the next generation.

So I don't think I necessarily "won" anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

So let's do the math 2M X 250M X 2670 X 2 = 2.67 Quintillion

I'm no statistician, but something in my gut tells me that multiplying these numbers together won't give you the odds you are looking for.

For example, according to your statistical expression, if a woman has sex only once instead of 2670, then the odds for a baby being born somehow get better (one in 1 Quadrillion -- a 1 with 15 zeros)

That doesn't make sense, unless I'm missing something (and like I said, I'm certainly not a probabilities and stats guy). What am I missing?

edit on 2018/12/21 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Another interesting fact I heard the other day, you only have to make 30 k a year and your in the top 1% of people living on the planet. If you take into account everyone who ever lived that number shrinks to like .0001%.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

It's about the number of chances of you being conceived, if a woman only had sex once in her life the odds would drop exponentially, these odds are on missed opportunities where sex actually happens and every time hundreds of millions sperm compete and each one could form a unique soul with one of the woman's unique eggs

Here is a video on it....it's pretty fascinating they way they illustrate it.

top topics

join