It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are You Telling Me ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I was just watching this video and thought I would share it with others. While it does have a very good message I found it kind of amusing on several levels.

Why Are You Telling Me?

After all I think many here will actually agree with the question in the title and with the statements at the ending. I will save this much for those who 'do' watch .

Might I encourage an honest discussion.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Interesting... but let's get real.

People aren't going to rise up against the tyrants because too many people are their own mini-tyrants riding the coattails of the bigger tyrants. People want their tyranny when it benefits them. People only complain when it doesn't.

Individual rights? Ha!!!

I am -- and have been -- a broken record when it comes to promoting individual rights on ATS. And pretty much alone. I hate to say it, but it seems these days pretty much everyone wants to use the color of law and barrel of a gun to force and/or deny something on/to others. From forcing someone to bake a cake to denying someone the medicines they need to heal and nurture their life and limb.

The enemy is us. We are the problem... and we are the solution. I 'm not sure we're up for the challenge though.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You aren't alone in believing in individual rights as well as individual responsibility.

No one is responsible for your actions except you and you alone. (this is a general "you" and not YOU specifically)

We have forgotten how to disagree without being disagreeable. If someone doesn't believe as you do, that's OK. People are allowed to believe whatever they wish. As long as their actions do no harm and do not abridge your rights, who are we to try and force them to conform to what we believe?

As an example, I believe that abortion is morally wrong and you should not have one. I also believe that I do not have the right to force you to conform to my belief. These beliefs are not mutually exclusive. If someone sought my advice on the subject, I would council against an abortion. If I were in a position of authority that could stop abortions from happening, however, I would not. I do not believe I have the right to legislate my personal moral code onto others.

Live and let live. Treat others how you would like to be treated. I don't think it can be said any plainer than that.

Just an aside, I am at work and can not watch the OPs video link, so my comments might be way off topic.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

With individual rights comes individual responsibility. I see people insist on one and deny any of the other.

Yes, we are the problem and the solution. Living under a rock works too lol because I don't see many solutions these days, people don't want solutions it seems.

They want theirs.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Thank you. This made my day -- and I needed it! I'm very happy to be wrong and to know I'm not alone!!!

Brightest blessings, BomSquad

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

With individual rights comes individual responsibility. I see people insist on one and deny any of the other.

Yeah, I've been seeing that as well. Not just personal responsibility, but people don't seem to understand natural consequences as well. People think they can say and do as they will with no thought for what could possibly go wrong... and then look for someone else to blame. Life doesn't work like that. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction... or to put it in other words... karma is a bitch.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As I see it we've got to own our failings as much as our success, the last person we should ever be dishonest to is ourselves.

We don't grow individually or as a group any other way.

Karma is a darling, she only gives what she gets and I respect that. Taught me some great lessons in life. With that being said I'm not that responsible with my responsibilities, I don't ask for them nor place them on others.

Hmm now I'm thinking about hermits. What responsibility they have to the wider population. The answer is probably non but then we're all burying our heads one way or another these days. I see a lot of disassociation with society. The proverbial bubbles that make up human society are getting smaller despite the fact they've never interacted so much before.

I find that barmy, we're all humans. Fallible humans.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
First of all, that was some fantastic photography, regardless of the message!

Secondly, I think I'll send this to every single person I know!

GREAT!

And...thanks!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why are anti facists telling me freedom of speech is wrong, when they think they have a right to freedom of protest...which is free speech.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The narrator of this video sure sounds like he is in love with his own voice. Long and drawn out word spacing, nothing hurried, making it sound thoughtful. Visually stunning images depicting order and accomplishment. There is ''thoughtful'' music playing softly in the back ground. The whole bit is smoothly produced.

This I think to give an air of authority. But the message he delivers? It's all pissing and moaning to no avail so leave me alone until you are ready to ''string em up''. "Off with their heads'' is the only solution.

He derides all the pissing and moaning and putting complaints and finger pointing up on You Tube, all the while putting things up on You Tube.

I noticed that there were several other videos there by this same fellow, all of the same smooth production and the same deep resonant voice. In reality what I think of this is that it is smoke and mirrors. The mirror held up telling people to look at themselves and feel impotent and the smoke to hide the fact that there is nothing there at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

...Karma is a darling...

I love that! You're sooooooo right!!! Thank you -- I'm taking that to heart (and stealing it... if you don't mind
)

Failure is a funny thing. It seems so final, and sometimes it is. But sometimes it teaches us what not to do. Sometimes it leads us to something better. Sometimes it prepares us for future experiences. Sometimes it's actually a good thing because we knew not what we wished for! But it's usually tough to deal with anyway.

I'm a firm believer in wallowing in our misery as much as we should celebrate our blessings. Both give us opportunities to examine the whys and wherefores, better understand what we did right and what/how we could do better, appreciate the moment for what it is and prepare to forge ahead anyway -- whether the moment was good, bad or indifferent -- and prepare to do better and be better. We learn about ourselves and about life.

But, yes, we must be honest with ourselves, and willing to learn, and willing to do and be better.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I've always viewed failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Too bad that message falls on deaf ears in these days of "zero tolerance" which makes no room for failure and learning.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

A failure is an opportunity to learn how not to do something. As long as we learn from our failures, are they truly failures?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I've always viewed failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Too bad that message falls on deaf ears in these days of "zero tolerance" which makes no room for failure and learning.

So very true and so very wise.

With today's "snowflakes" and "safe spaces" and "trigger warnings," we are literally denying our children the ability and opportunity to grow and evolve and achieve, to actually find fulfillment and success. So many have never known the joy and exultation and genuine pride of conquering the most challenging obstacles -- which almost always requires some "failure" along the way. But it's part of the journey that makes the destination so worth it.

I think it transfers to relationships, and especially marriages. I've told my kids that it's not the good times that make the marriage, but getting through the bad times together, and coming out on the other side stronger and more committed and more appreciative of the other.

We need those challenges -- and failures -- to make the most of ourselves and our lives.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
a reply to: Krakatoa

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

A failure is an opportunity to learn how not to do something. As long as we learn from our failures, are they truly failures?

Yea, but respectively, too bad he didn't know that you can convert A.C to D.C.
"I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own"- Tesla

Those poor animals didn't teach him a thing.
edit on 21-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no rea
edit on 21-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

...Karma is a darling...

I love that! You're sooooooo right!!! Thank you -- I'm taking that to heart (and stealing it... if you don't mind
)

Failure is a funny thing. It seems so final, and sometimes it is. But sometimes it teaches us what not to do. Sometimes it leads us to something better. Sometimes it prepares us for future experiences. Sometimes it's actually a good thing because we knew not what we wished for! But it's usually tough to deal with anyway.

I'm a firm believer in wallowing in our misery as much as we should celebrate our blessings. Both give us opportunities to examine the whys and wherefores, better understand what we did right and what/how we could do better, appreciate the moment for what it is and prepare to forge ahead anyway -- whether the moment was good, bad or indifferent -- and prepare to do better and be better. We learn about ourselves and about life.

But, yes, we must be honest with ourselves, and willing to learn, and willing to do and be better.

Damn....

edit on 21-12-2018 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Yep.
Boadicea hit the nail on the head right from the start. I think it is a sad commentary but the people will do nothing until they are either pushed or dragged into a position of totally intolerable discomfort and pain.

They will not do anything for their neighbor, I sadly believe, but will wait until everything is pressed upon them before they will act. Of course, by then it may well be too late.

I can hear it now ... "If we had just banded together sooner, we wouldn't be looking out through these fences."

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Failure is a funny thing. It seems so final, and sometimes it is. But sometimes it teaches us what not to do. Sometimes it leads us to something better. Sometimes it prepares us for future experiences. Sometimes it's actually a good thing

Thats what worries me about this new soft pc culture we are living in,

Children are growing up in a society where no one is allowed to lose

or to fail ..... So there are sports days with no winners or losers.

Then there are exam results being made easier so that all can pass

and without stress.

There is a need to lose .. there is a need to fail ... and a need to learn

to 'manage' stress to make us stronger and more successful.

Something I came across a long time ago *The man who never made a

mistake, never made anything, whilst we enjoy success, we learn more

from our mistakes.*

Time has shown me that this is very true.

Unfortunately this soft pc culture is not bringing out the best in the young generation.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

They will not do anything for their neighbor, I sadly believe, but will wait until everything is pressed upon them before they will act. Of course, by then it may well be too late.

I can hear it now ... "If we had just banded together sooner, we wouldn't be looking out through these fences."

I am quite prepared to help anyone with anything I can.......

Help out not take on every thing

People quite often dont want just the 'help' they want it ALL done for them!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You know what is really weird. I learned to love bad moods, whether from self induced pain or from something external. I would try and trace the paths of my pain back to the source and I usually found out that it was my own beliefs that caused most of my foul moods.

Now I recognize that most of the pain and suffering is a direct result of 'me, myself and I'. I was trying to blame everything external and the lie just didn't hold up. I started discovering the inner demons and sometime could trace them back to their creation.

Now that I have done that, my negative emotions are becoming less and less, occurring less and less often. I no longer let others control me and cause me to react. When someone else causes me to react, they have already won. I try to see the world from their eyes instead.

I just can't figure out when the loss of wallowing in my own self pity will manifest. I am sure there is a loss somewhere in there, I just can't find it.

<<   2 >>

join