It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand why we need to be in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
At this stage, I haven't put much thought into why we are there, we have been there for what seems like forever. When the Syria thing started, it looked just like we were trying to find a reason to invade, luckily, the rest of the world was against it, and the attempts were stopped. So I'd like to hear from those of you who have been there, those who truly understand the political reasons, the humanitarian reasons we are there. I can't imagine the people there enjoy our presence, but I might be wrong on that, I've not been there.

Are you for or against Trump pulling troops out, and moving towards a full removal?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
At this stage, I haven't put much thought into why we are there, we have been there for what seems like forever. When the Syria thing started, it looked just like we were trying to find a reason to invade, luckily, the rest of the world was against it, and the attempts were stopped. So I'd like to hear from those of you who have been there, those who truly understand the political reasons, the humanitarian reasons we are there. I can't imagine the people there enjoy our presence, but I might be wrong on that, I've not been there.

Are you for or against Trump pulling troops out, and moving towards a full removal?

Because Saddam Hussein tried to kill the first George Bush. Luckily for all of us Barack Obama won the war in Iraq. If he was still around we would have won in Afghanistan as well. Stupid Trump.

Realistically speaking, I guess I understand why we did invade at the time we did. I just do not understand why we are still there. Probably just to irritate Russia. Probably because the Queen of England needs the great game to go on and on into forever.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If we leave Afghanistan how will the CIA get the heroin that funds their black ops ??

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

There's rumors going around that after the pullout from syria (IF that happens) afghanistan is next.

But to answer your question my belief is that it has a lot to do with gaining cheap opium.
And nation building. Placing military bases all over the world.
edit on 21-12-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Poppy fields and lithium is all I can come up with.

Al-Qaeda (for the most part) and Osama are taken care of.

Taliban is no longer ruling.

As far as making it safe or rebuilding efforts, that's up to them, maybe we can keep some advisers there.
edit on 21-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Something something poppy fields...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If the US leaves the ME all hell will break loose. But it's better than this stalemate. Let the dice fall.
But I assume you'll be back in two weeks or so.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Binnladen was going to shutdown all the poppy fields. The West didnt want it.

Syria wont allow the pipeline from qatar to Turkey to be built on their land. Hence why Russia intervenes as we get most of the fuel from Russia. The pipeline would run through Europe and Russia wpuld lose alot of money. That's why they want to get rid of Assad a so a new regime will give the go ahead for the pipeline

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Id say it's to protect assets, drugs and oil.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I never understood why Afghanistan. Why not Saudi Arabia - they seem to have had quite a hand in 9/11?

The explanation we got was to stop Al Quaeda getting a foothold there but there are plenty of places where we don't seem to bother them much eg Somalia.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Fools

Id say it's to protect assets, drugs and oil.

Most people miss the lithium angle though, which is essentially hedging our bets with oil.

For the time being though, people love tossing their 2 year old electronics, so it serves a purpose now as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've heard the Poppy fields explanation, and I won't discount it, as there aren't a whole lot of other valid explanations as of now. Which is why I asked. I was able to see the pipeline aspect of Syria, and if the leaders would be honest about their intentions, it would make it easier for all of us to either get behind something, or condemn it. But asking for transparency from the government is just a joke.

Other than poppy's, what does Afghanistan export?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Looks like it's China's turn now:

The base will be only the second overseas site for the increasingly active Chinese military, coming a year after a base was opened in Djibouti on the Horn of Africa.

China 'building military base in Afghanistan' as increasingly active army grows in influence abroad

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
cia needs to finance their black ops.
since states started legalizing MJ they had to make heroine their new commodity.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

If we leave Afghanistan how will the CIA get the heroin that funds their black ops ??

The CIA & Al Qaeda are open allies again. They bring it from the Taliban to the "Northern Triangle", and on up.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Easy answer is this.....oil.

Your welcome mate!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Dang it!

You beat me to it!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

There's no oil to speak of in Asskrackistan.

ETA - Otherwise they wouldn't be eating sticks and bugs there.

edit on 12/21/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Because Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia have always been at war.

Stop asking so many damned questions, Winston!

edit on 21-12-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

...and always will be.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join