It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly elected L.A. sheriff, time to physically remove I.c.e

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
www.lataco.com...

Newley elected democratic sheriff wants to get rid of ice and will physically do it he says.

This seems backwards, they protect the ones who should be physically removed and want law enforcement who rid the country of dangerous people gone?

I wonder what kind of environment this will create?

Why do people ignore the current population of illegal immigrants currently in jail for rape, murder, kidnapping, to deadly dwi?

Why do people ignore the cost to prosecute and jail people never supposed to be there?

Its seems like common sense stuff?

Why are prevention methods completely ignored?

edit on 21-12-2018 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Sheriff Villanueva appears to just be another west coast nut case that might find out his badge is no match for ICE and the federal government..

edit on 727stk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you're a cop, if you assault a federal law enforcement agent you're going to have a bad time.

And I wonder if he realizes that the majority of the LA county sheriff's dept is prior military who support immigration enforcement.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It should get real interesting when the local law enforcement officers get charged with obstruction of justice and put into jail with the defendants they are trying to protect from I C E.

It could be a bad day for some one.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
We see this time and time again. A newly elected politician, or in this case, sheriff, kissing azz to his voters, in this case, Latinos.

A true wave of Latino voter turnout in majority-Latino precincts arguably gave Villanueva the right to wear the sheriff’s badge. Turnout among the group grew by 66 percent over the 2014 midterm election in Los Angeles County, according to a UCLA exit study. The shift constituted a dramatic spike for a traditionally low-turnout voter group.

www.lataco.com...

Since California has a "sanctuary state law" on the books, Sheriff Villanueva is doing nothing more than appeasing political progressives and immigrant-rights advocates. I'm curious how the men and women who wear the badge will view this BS. They're the ones who are exposed to "illegal" offenses that occur on the street everyday. However, like this clown stated, "The people have spoken...."

George Chacon of the UCLA Labor Center told Elizabeth Marcellino of NBC 4: “The people have spoken and ousted the sheriff who sided with Trump, ICE and deportations, and against the values that make this country great.”

www.lataco.com...
edit on 12/21/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
We see this time and time again. A newly elected politician, or in this case, sheriff, kissing azz to his voters, in this case, Latinos.

A true wave of Latino voter turnout in majority-Latino precincts arguably gave Villanueva the right to wear the sheriff’s badge. Turnout among the group grew by 66 percent over the 2014 midterm election in Los Angeles County, according to a UCLA exit study. The shift constituted a dramatic spike for a traditionally low-turnout voter group.

www.lataco.com...

Since California has a "sanctuary state law" on the books, Sheriff Villanueva is doing nothing more than appeasing political progressives and immigrant-rights advocates. I'm curious how the men and women who wear the badge will view this BS. They're the ones who are exposed to "illegal" offenses that occur on the street everyday. However, like this clown stated, "The people have spoken...."

George Chacon of the UCLA Labor Center told Elizabeth Marcellino of NBC 4: “The people have spoken and ousted the sheriff who sided with Trump, ICE and deportations, and against the values that make this country great.”

www.lataco.com...

I dont think he is sucking up to his voters. He is one of them.

Sends such a bad messge

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Eventually the Federal Government will restore law and order to LA the same way they did to Phenix City Alabama back in the 50’s and 60’s. Use Federal troops.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Like the drug cartels dont have their hands in the elections in California.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24049858]Bloodworth[/pos
The sheriff wants to physically remove ice from JAILS.

“We are going to physically remove ICE from the county jails,” Villanueva said, adding that he also planned to cut down the list of roughly 150 misdemeanor offenses that trigger department cooperation with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.

kvoa.com...

I live in LA county so I kind of know what is going on here.

edit on 21-12-2018 by iplay1up2 because: fixed something

edit on 21-12-2018 by iplay1up2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And the Anti-Arpaio emerges. I wonder if all the people that argued that sheriffs don't answer to anyone back when Arpaio was violating the Constitution are going to make similar arguments for this guy. Based on experience I'm going to say no.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
People who yell about their just here looking for a better life won't stop saying it until it hits them in the face. When they decide to go for a hike in a national forest and find themselves standing in front of a group of Mexicans holding guns, because they walked into their pot field. Or their 14 year old daughter disappears, is hauled across the border and turned into a doped up hooker. It happens more than you might think. But until it happens them you'll never change their minds. These people are a bunch of unicorn riding rainbow chasers who think the world is all sunshine and roses. They stand around and brag about being nonviolent, but they have no problem letting others risk their lives to protect them. They also stand around wanting cops to stop crime, but in a nonviolent way. They'll wake up sooner or later, hopefully it won't be too late.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Maybe we should extend "the wall" around California.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

I've been saying that since talks about that wall got serious.

Although I've heard northern Cali hates this crap as much as the rest of the country does. Might just be a southern California problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you're a cop, if you assault a federal law enforcement agent you're going to have a bad time.

And I wonder if he realizes that the majority of the LA county sheriff's dept is prior military who support immigration enforcement.

That's what happens when you french fry when you shoulda pizza-ed...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Although I've heard northern Cali hates this crap as much as the rest of the country does. Might just be a southern California problem.

Just a shower thought... Maybe trade so.cal to Mexico. Instead of buying it, they can build that wall for us

They get all the benefits of socal, so cal gets their open border with Mexico, we get our wall AND socal can stop screwing with the rest of the country. No more Cali spec auto parts, and we could start fixing the voting system, too.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Just a shower thought... Maybe trade so.cal to Mexico. Instead of buying it, they can build that wall for us

They get all the benefits of socal, so cal gets their open border with Mexico, we get our wall AND socal can stop screwing with the rest of the country. No more Cali spec auto parts, and we could start fixing the voting system, too.

Your plan will never happen. It make too much sense.
Also, what part of Mexico would you ask for in trade ?? Maybe the east coast and we could extend Texas for a few miles.
This would also give us a lot more places for tourism and spring break trips. But then again, Texas is getting a lot of folks that are moving out of So. Cal., so that may not be a great improvement after all.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Sheriff Villanueva appears to just be another west coast nut case that might find out his badge is no match for ICE and the federal government..

Because the federal government should out vote the will of the people. State's rights are not as good as federal?

Why is this guy a nutcase if he was voted in by the will of the people?

I think you might not respect other peoples rights.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Just remember, a "state's rights" to nullify, or invalidate, any federal law which that state has deemed unconstitutional has never been legally upheld by federal courts. If this Sheriff is attempting to do this, then he is foolish and will soon find out that the Feds power is greater than his...including his state.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

And this is why I am borderline advocating for open rebellion. We have a rivalry of power. Infighting. A power struggle that is being geared to usurp power by force.

Needless to say we will lose everything even if we have zilch.

I'm ready mofos

Edit to add:
Cali shares borders with other states and allows an influx of illegal, un-veted immigrants to more than just their state.

As a part of a whole, they have no right to do this. Leave the union if you can or leave the country if you don't like us or the way we do things here.

The rest of the country sure as hell doesn't owe Califonians anything and much less to their guests.

You can't take our state with you without a fight though. So maybe leave or just get ready to fight harder than us.

edit on 12 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

easy way to put an end to this nutjob sheriff and all other "sanctuary" city/state supporters in government of CA.

CALL THEIR FINANCIAL INDEPENDENT BLUFF.

they ALWAYS claim that their economy is so strong, they dont need the feds help, and that they get back less money than they send to the US government

the last comment is so laughable since NO STATE EVER gets back all they send in but big or connected states like CA get back much more than any other state, and usually more because of bailouts, aid (forest fires, disasters, ect) . but I digress and get off topic...sorry.

anyway give them what they want...
let them keep all their money they send to the government.
but with that logically you ..
a. dont give them infrastructure funds
B. any natural disaster or man made they dont get any aid for.
C. they dont get any help from forest service, army corp of engineers, and federal law enforcement .
D. you dont get any rights you had before with other states (ex) water from northern or eastern boarder states.
you have not negotiate as any other bordering country would and HOPE you get the water much less a good deal.

E. you loose all rights to free travel to other states in the US and have to negotiate for travel rights.
F. you have to get your car, drivers, pilots, and other licences recognized by other states as a foreign country.
G. you loose all your airports, controllers and subsidies
H. your citizens are NO LONGER citizens of the US.
in short your COMPLETELY ON YOUR OWN.

If that were to happen they be crying , bitching and DEMANDING THEIR RIGHTS before one thing went into effect.

hell they showed their true colors when trump threatened to cut off all federal funding to "sanctuary cities " and suddenly they said they had a right and needed federal funding.

In conclusion MAKE THEIR ASS CASH THE CHECK THEIR MOUTH WROTE.

if they dont like it tell them you have TWO CHOICES.

go it alone
follow FEDERAL LAW.

PSST SHERIFF .... we had people like you try this in the south back before the civil war.
how that work out for them

scrounger

top topics

<<   2 >>

join