It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

instead of being mad at Trump, why aren't people mad at the Syrian "refugees"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Are but Isis was sponsored by certain interests in the West, the refugees were mostly North African after certain interest groups let Libya fall. The EU actively encouraged member states to home these “refugees” of mostly young men.

Who then is the real enemy? Who is this interest group and have they been defeated?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

You can bet your ass if foreign Invaders were tearing around my neighborhood I would be locked and loaded in two seconds flat.

Paying for your funeral or are you happy with a hole in the ground?

Because you won't last long against trained individuals acting as a unit, even with small arms that you are legally (assumingly) entitled to own.

Small arms don't stop barrel bombs, hands and feet don't stop bullets and guns. I'm genuinely not trying to be an ass here just making a very obvious point that Syrians were not armed like Americans, they had families to protect and no means of doing it without support. Didn't help that the West did everything but declare war on Syria. We allowed that land to be carved up and we allowed people incapable of defending themselves to see no choice but to flee their homeland.

I'm not talking about migrants, I'm not talking about invaders. I'm taking about the largely unarmed civilian population of Syria.

Sticks and stones?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yeah, you're right. I have the luxury of living in an area with a ton of natural cover that would be nigh impossible to successfully invade, surrounded by neighbors who are as heavily armed as I am, some probably more so, not a lot else to do BESIDES train and I suspect if push came to shove probably no shortage of anti-armor stuff coming out of the woodwork.
Still, I would think somewhere along their trail there would be someplace to join the resistance and fight.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Trump is pulling 2,000 troops out of Syria, and people are losing their minds.

IF you think 2,000 troops are making a difference. Think what would have happened if instead of running like little *ATS EDITS*, The military age men, that are now mainly in Europe, sacked up and joined/formed a fighting force.

If you are saying that it's not the number its the power of the outside force. Well EU, instead of sending troops to Paris, go south and take over. If the EU cannot handle big boy duty, America Armed Forces can be anywhere in the world in the matter of hours with a can of whoop butt. Well almost anywhere....Benghazi is the exception, but they could get to Syria.....

Wait, wut?

Are you truely that horrible of a person that you are /blaming/ the refugees?

Jeezuz ATS new low.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Are you daft? Most of the "refugees" who left Syria were men of military age. Like the Iraqi coward club, the ran at the first sign of trouble.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Spot on VXN

Our foreign policy and military strategy cannot be dictated by worrying whether X campaign contributor will lose their ass on defense stocks
edit on 12/21/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Yes.

Saying that these able bodied men of fighting age should've stood and fought against the tyranny they now flee. Only a true coward *would ever* flee when the price of defeat is so high.

Fleeing your home and selling out your country and your people (AKA abandoning it for any reason) is unacceptable. Have some dignity. Stand up straight. Lace up those boots. Arm themselves. Train. Train. Train. Organize. Prevail.

Do you think Americans of a similar age and fighting disposition would ever flee this land? Not in a million years. Although I suppose that's why America is exceptional.

FYI, those aren't the type of people that inspire confidence and respect. What possible good would cowards like that do for this country and this culture? None. Unless you consider cowardly sponges to be contributions......... Not everyone believes in "flee and appease." It is called actually having a spine.

edit on 12/21/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I imagine conservatives will start asking for Trump's resignation or impeachment. Pence would never pull out of Syria!

Why when it's what we wanted?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Except most of those so called refugees weren’t from Syria but North Africa. They were told that they would be welcomed with open arms in Europe and like legal immigrants thought they could improve there lot in life by coming to Europe.

What’s shocking though is that powers in Europe encouraged this and the shear amount of people that poured in. There’s definitely a conspiracy going on there.

But how about some credit to the Syrians who fought Isis? You know Isis is are our enemy too? Yet somehow our governments wanted to bring down the “Assad regime” who were just trying to fight off Isis.

Some real bs going on with all that mess.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

That's what happened, many tried to resist.

What's that line... Evil begets evil?

One has to think about where Syrians originally got arms, training on how to make improvised weapons and how to use them, military tactics etc.

Syria is and was a mess, it was a free for all and many players got into the game. The world isn't black and white, I personally don't know what I'd have done as a Syrian. Probably fight since I don't have kids etc but I do have a moral compass. I can only imagine what that fight would've required of people, little of it would've been good.

We'll feel the impact of this for a long time and that's me being hopeful. That's if ISIS is defeated, I'm not of the opinion they are.

<< 1   >>

join