It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

instead of being mad at Trump, why aren't people mad at the Syrian "refugees"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Trump is pulling 2,000 troops out of Syria, and people are losing their minds.

IF you think 2,000 troops are making a difference. Think what would have happened if instead of running like little *ATS EDITS*, The military age men, that are now mainly in Europe, sacked up and joined/formed a fighting force.

If you are saying that it's not the number its the power of the outside force. Well EU, instead of sending troops to Paris, go south and take over. If the EU cannot handle big boy duty, America Armed Forces can be anywhere in the world in the matter of hours with a can of whoop butt. Well almost anywhere....Benghazi is the exception, but they could get to Syria.....

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I imagine conservatives will start asking for Trump's resignation or impeachment. Pence would never pull out of Syria!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I imagine conservatives will start asking for Trump's resignation or impeachment. Pence would never pull out of Syria!

Actually most conservatives are happy about it...........

Its the democrats that are screaming for his head all over the news and social media about it........

Which is a funny flip flop

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Trump is the first president in a very long time that actually listens to the people.

There were MASSIVE protests against military intervention in the Middle East. Those SAME PEOPLE are now protesting Trump trying to LEAVE the Middle East.

Now that Mattis is leaving, suddenly Liberals have become experts in Middle East policy they've been effing up for years. Trump is doing what reality calls for. Exit the Middle East. Come home. Worry about the US. It's been long enough.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Great idea. The whole country should be behind it.

Bring home well trained, useful, loyal US citizens who often have families and can contribute to the DEFENCE of their home country....not aggressive actions in faraway lands.

How about rounding up all the scumbag druggies on Kaffa and all those other zombie drugs, in crap cities, that beat up innocent people, paramedics and medical staff, and drop them all off into Syria to ...."do their best". Just like the Zombie movie The Revenant (2009), where they dropped off all the zombies into Syria at the end....

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Do these brain conversations ever end?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Trump is the first president in a very long time that actually listens to the people.

There were MASSIVE protests against military intervention in the Middle East. Those SAME PEOPLE are now protesting Trump trying to LEAVE the Middle East.

Now that Mattis is leaving, suddenly Liberals have become experts in Middle East policy they've been effing up for years. Trump is doing what reality calls for. Exit the Middle East. Come home. Worry about the US. It's been long enough.

I've never seen a President that updates the People on a daily basis as Trump does. I think that's a positive for Americans everywhere.

edit on 21-12-2018 by ViXxeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Actually most conservatives are happy about it...........

Its the democrats that are screaming for his head all over the news and social media about it........

Which is a funny flip flop

Isn't it ironic....don'cha think?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Had a knee jerk reaction when I read your post title then read the post itself and you are CORRECT, Absolutely Correct.
If they are not willing to fight for what is there's and for there country against a mainly FOREIGN Isis group why are we giving them what is our's, a cake is made from it's ingredient's, our nation's are made from our people and if we are adding the wrong ingredient's does this mean our nation's will just become the Syria's of tomorrow.

BUT

And

However how many of them have died in the fighting and do you run toward a wild fire or away from it?.
It is currently estimated about half a million but remember that does not take into account other casualty's the maimed and the bereaved.

The fact is while we see it as not our fight are we not also morally guilty if we walk by in the street (especially if we are the big guy on the block) while a group of street thug's beat up a defenseless person and if so are we not also letting them street thug's go unchallenged so that they will become a rod for our own back's tomorrow when it is our turn and no one then come's to our aid?.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

pence would never 'pull-out' period... cuz jesus said not to!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

pence would never 'pull-out' period... cuz jesus said not to!

That's right.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I read somewhere that Obama was the only president in history to be at war for his entire two terms.

Trump is NEVER going to earn a Nobel peace price if he keeps bringing troops home and negotiating peaceful resolutions in North Korea. What a fool...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The biggest reason for me to not reenlist was that in the time that I was in I had a lot of friends and family die for various reasons. That hit me really hard. Here I am in some other region of the world feeling like I'm not doing a damn bit of good, when I should be at home where I can really make a difference. I came home to most of my personal friends being dead. I wasn't there for them. I could have been there for them, or at least been there to listen at the very least.

That's why I tell young people now that if they really want to make a difference find out how they can help in their own communities. Make real connections with people. Be there for their friends and family.

Doing the government's bidding in some foreign land doesn't feel too good when there is no end in sight and your own people are biting the dust.

I'm glad that military is being pulled out of that hellhole. I hope they get a nice, lengthy break to spend with loved ones before being deployed back out to some other #hole.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think people are more concerned at the way the decision was made, with no consultation with the pentagon, no consultation with Mattis or the defence staff, no consultation with allies, no informed decision based on briefing papers that trump famously doesn't read. Instead it is a decision that seems to have been based on a phone conversation with Erdogan, and timed to make Putin a very happy man indeed.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It's really funny seeing all the anti-war people flip to pro war because Trump wants to bring the troops home.
If we are not going to wage war to win we need to get out, never should have been in syria anyways.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I see Americans often get confused about the EU.

It does not have an army so therefore has no force projection capabilities.

Nations have armies, many European nations are or were involved with Syria and wider conflicts. This includes the French.

Also the Syrians are fighting in Syria, they have since day one. But it's difficult to find support... That's why their was so many screwed up alliances during the conflict.

Plus the US pulling out could be a terrible idea, it depends how it goes about it. It was your nation's piss poor foresight that made it possible for IS to be formed after all.

Anyways 2000 troops won't make a difference? Damn, you're ignorant if modern warfare and the war in Syria. It's a theme I'm noticing.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Also the British, fighting for years now side by side with American allies, found out about this via Trumps tweet. Along with the other 50 or so nations in the coalition.

I expect that seems appropriate to Trump apologists, but it's not a good way to keep friends and allies.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Also the British, fighting for years now side by side with American allies, found out about this via Trumps tweet. Along with the other 50 or so nations in the coalition.

I expect that seems appropriate to Trump apologists, but it's not a good way to keep friends and allies.

Well you don't expect the media to tell anyone about anything real or accurate about Trump do you? Your comments lack anything resembling even common reasoning ability.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Trump said ISIS has been defeated.

The day after he made that claim ISIS carried out another major attack.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
When I saw the caravans streaming into Europe tearing at fences and screaming at guards along the way I said the same thing.
If these "refugees" put that passion into facing their issues at home they wouldn't have to leave.
You can bet your ass if foreign Invaders were tearing around my neighborhood I would be locked and loaded in two seconds flat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join