It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many musicians do we have here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe we should start an ATS band hehe

Probably not, huh? I used to get on the phone with some buddies of mine and we would jam over the line...kinda hard to do that here though

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I play guitar and keyboards; have been playing guitar for about 6 or 7 years and am now the proud owner of a Marshall JTM45 amplifier with 'vintage' 4x12 speaker cab. I've been playing keys for about 2 years on and off now aswell.
I play in a band called paisley riot, based in the West Midlands in the UK. the site is under construction, with incomplete mixes of songs etc (currently doing recording at our lock-up), but please feel free to have a look and listen to the work-in-progress. Our collective influences range from 60's beat groups like The Who/Kinks/Creation, garage rock, blues-soul, through 70 & 80's stuff like The Jam, The Cure, The Buzcocks etc, to more modern stuff like Razorlight, ocs etc. We just try and make catchy pop and rock tunes that people can get into at gigs.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
OK, I'm a percussionist in a couple of bands. I don't play a drum kit - I play congas, bongos, blocks, bells, chimes, hand percussion, electronic percussion (Roland SPD-S), etc.

One of my bands is very casual and only plays out occaisionally - we play the usual assortment of rock and R&B covers.

My other band is much more serious. We play only Talking Heads covers and we play them with a high degree of authenticity. This band will dis-band soon, though. We've been playing out for about a year and we're still amazed at the reception we've been getting. Who knew there were so many Talking Heads fans born after Stop Making Sense?!

I've got bunches of pics of our band on: aldavison.net but they aren't thumbnailed or anything - just a list of jpg files.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Guitar, 12 years. I have a Telecaster Electric , an Ovation 12 string Glenn Campbell edition. And a Fender six string.

Just started learning the mandolin..Having some trouble, strings are too dang close together. Any other mandolin players around here?

I also played the drums as a pre-teen, as well as 8 years on the Trumpet.
I loved playing H.A. and the T.B. tunes.

I've also been told that I can carry a tune on the vocals chords, but I am very shy about singing in front of people..I did get a standing ovation for
"Desperado" at a karaoke place once..All 9 people stood up. LOL..
(and no they didn't walk out the door in a mass exodus)

Some of my influences were the Beatles, of course, Ricky Skaggs, Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page.

<< 1   >>

join