It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Be Concerned Over Mattis' Resignation As Pentagon Chief?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Compare the removal of 1 Man (Mattis), against what President Obama did:

What the president calls "my military" is being cleansed of any officer suspected of disloyalty to or disagreement with the administration on matters of policy or force structure, leaving the compliant and fearful.

Yet what has happened to our officer corps since President Obama took office is viewed in many quarters as unprecedented, baffling and even harmful to our national security posture. We have commented on some of the higher profile cases, such as Gen. Carter Ham. He was relieved as head of U.S. Africa Command after only a year and a half because he disagreed with orders not to mount a rescue mission in response to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi.

Rear Adm. Chuck Gaouette, commander of the John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group, was relieved in October 2012 for disobeying orders when he sent his group on Sept. 11 to "assist and provide intelligence for" military forces ordered into action by Gen. Ham.

Other removals include the sacking of two nuclear commanders in a single week — Maj. Gen. Michael Carey, head of the 20th Air Force, responsible for the three wings that maintain control of the 450 intercontinental ballistic missiles, and Vice Adm. Tim Giardina, the No. 2 officer at U.S. Strategic Command.
More at: www.investors.com...

197 Military Officers removed by Obama, in just his first 3 years as President.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

No.
Second Line.
S&F

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Compare the removal of 1 Man (Mattis), against what President Obama did...

Why? Why compare them.

To the OP, yes. We should all be concerned, as Americans.
Trump supporters, doubly so.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: theBLESSINGofVISION

Compare the removal of 1 Man (Mattis), against what President Obama did...

Why? Why compare them.

For awareness and perspective.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I'm just afraid common sense does not work in mr Trumps mind.
Too impulsive. Apparently he did not even negociated the matter with mr Mattis.
From now I stop reading any post about Trump. It makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Me thinks Trump will have an unfortunate accident in the next few weeks, courtesy of the MIC and TPTB. He’s recently gone from rocking the boat to a total capsize.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

CNN's Wolf Blister is concerned about Mattis's departure, but White House policy advisor Steven Miller put Wolf back in his cage tonight.

LOL! - theconservativetreehouse.com...

Wow, I can hardly believe what a fool Wolf Blitzkrieg makes of himself in that video segment. His commentary buffoonery completely exposes his narrative. And Steven Miller just destroys him over and over again, and it's like Wolf keeps saying "Please sir, may I have another" in logical beatings over the head.

edit on 21-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Violater1

Most billionaires are conservatives. Do you have any proof to backup what you are saying about liberal billionaires? Do they even exist?

Seriously? I guess youve never heard of Bill Gates? good lord...........simple google search should clear that up for you......come on man lil effort goes a long way

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Violater1

Most billionaires are conservatives. Do you have any proof to backup what you are saying about liberal billionaires? Do they even exist?

Seriously? I guess youve never heard of Bill Gates? good lord...........simple google search should clear that up for you......come on man lil effort goes a long way

You can also add Zuckerberg to the list of liberal billionaires.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Given the timing, it must be that Mattis doesn't agree with Trump pulling out of Syria. In that case, I say it's time for him to go. We have no further business there. ISIS has no caliphate any more, just a few small pockets that haven't been cleaned out yet, and we're currently doing nothing to help out with that.

We are helping to keep Turkey from invading Kurdish northern Syria, but you know what? That isn't our fight. Pulling out will force the Kurds to accept the Syrian government again, and Syrian troops will stabilize the situation, with Russian help. The goal of regime change in Syria is dead now, and should never have been a thing in the first place.

Trump is even talking about drawing down forces in Aghanistan, which would be great. If we can be honest for a moment, US troops are really just there to guard the poppy fields and protect the drug lords from the Taliban, who want to stamp out opium/heroin production. Osama bin Laden is dead, and it's likely he was never in Afghanistan in the first place. [Another lie told to get us into a war.]

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Really?

The Media and Mueller frantically go after and attack/besmirch anyone associated with Trump.

I'd quit too.

Then out of the other side of their mouth they ask why is everyone leaving Trump? He must be awful. No, maybe it's because whacko liberals attack them in restaurants and the media runs negative stories on them 24/7.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Putin wanted the US out of Syria. And trump bent over....that's why Mattis left, pure and simple.

Mattis and Kelly both had bipartisan support. Now their gone and russia will be in control of the region. what could possibly go wrong with russia's new alliance with China. Russia is not our friend and we just gave them control of the ME and the oil shipping lanes. Smart move trump!

Perhaps a little research in international affairs could help with dissipating your ignorance.

academic.oup.com...

edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nothing to be concerned about. Trump has already told us that he knows more than the generals. Everything is in good hands. He may have lambasted Obama when he did it in Afghanistan but Trump knows how to withdraw. Obama does it bad. Trump does it good. Just wait and see what happens next. Kurds? What Kurds?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What Mattis is saying is, "if you cannot be a team player with our allies to further these illegal wars then I am not aligned with you." Who cares what your allies are doing if it is WRONG?

His quote about harmony on the battlefield... Sounds like, if you cannot make these people love you after wiping them out, your psychology and mind control is not up to par and you must go home. Maybe I am reading into it too far but that is what I see. None of these wars are legal therefore he should not support any of them.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening
Damn sure. The current heroin epidemic just might have something to do with the fact that we have 14,000 troops in Afghanistan guarding the poppy fields. Remind me why I'm supposed to think that's a good idea?

edit on 21-12-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
No worries concerning Mattis...

Finally, we have a President who is willing to shake up the establishment...

The Nation and it's citizens, should be championing his effort...

Just sayin....

LOL. Mattis is now establishment?! Same guy you praised couple of weeks ago?!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

The hypocrisy of Trump's sheeple would be funny if the consequences were not so dangerous.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I passed concerned awhile back...
then it was a quick run through anger...
and now it's settled in a state of insane humor...

while everyone is flipping out over this, I am seeing him telling congress that if he can't have his wall, then he is gonna pull every available serviceman and women, from syria, from afghanistan, from japan, from korea, from iran, from germany, from the north pole and where ever else they may be found to sent to the border to lock arms and be a wall!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Trump does it good!!! ya...
hurry up, why aren't you out yet?? I tweeted my tweet yesterday, they should be on their way home by now!! what do you mean a twit can't be considered an official order? what do you mean it will take you some time to ensure our equipment gets out to? what do you mean you will have to destroy it if you can't have time to get it out??
na, just leave it, and get the heck out and home!!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Pulling out will allow the Kurds to be ethnically cleansed (genocide) by the Syrian government again, and Syrian troops will stabilize the situation by simply killing everyone that has to die to make them happy, with Russian help.

A good summary, though I fixed it a bit to more accurately reflect the situation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join