It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Be Concerned Over Mattis' Resignation As Pentagon Chief?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Trump is known for his business credentials (some on the Left may not be all that impressed), but does he have the experience and temper to make important decisions concerning foreign policy? This concerned me when I voted for Trump, however, I was somewhat relieved when he hired Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis as Secretary of Defense. The former Marine Corps general spent four decades on the front lines and was known as a "true warrior." He had the knowledge, experience, strength of character and mental fortitude to lead the Department of Defense.

"The most important 6 inches on the battlefield is between your ears"

"If you can not create harmony-even vicious harmony-on the battlefield based on trust across service lines, across coalition and national lines and across military/civilian lines, you need to go home, because your leadership is obsolete."

-James Mattis

But what now?

Defense Secretary James Mattis gave President Trump his notice on Thursday — a move that has given lawmakers across both sides of the aisle some cause for concern. In a signed resignation letter, which was released by the Pentagon, Mattis said he would remain in the role through Feb. 28, closing out a 2-year working relationship with Trump.

The announcement came a day after Trump surprised U.S. allies and members of Congress by announcing the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Syria, and as he continues to consider shrinking the American deployment in Afghanistan.

www.foxnews.com...

He told Trump in a letter that he was leaving because "you have a right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours."

Mattis, in his resignation letter, emphasized the importance of standing up for U.S. allies — an implicit criticism of the president's decision on this issue and others.

"While the U.S. remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies," Mattis wrote.

www.foxnews.com...

IMO, Mattis is a remarkably cultivated and educated man. I'm very concerned over his recent resignation and wonder what our adversaries are now thinking. Are they thinking Trump's leadership is becoming "obsolete?" What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Kelly and now Mattis... Either Trump's on acid trippin' balls or that some crazy 63D chess, man!

I am sensing we're gonna have a very interesting 2019 y'all...

And I don't think you need to be concerned about it, anyone who've seen the most recent rallies knows he's way too focused. He's probably acting even more careful now.

edit on 20/12/2018 by vinifalou because: oh and if its acid thats okay too

edit on 20/12/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Don't worry, John Bolton will be ascendant.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No worries concerning Mattis...

Slow weaning away from the decades long GENERALS of the armed forces, sliding into lucrative positions continuing the BS perpetuation of using our Armed Forces, for monetary gain...

EISENHOWER warned us in his farewell address...

Finally, we have a President who is willing to shake up the establishment...

The Nation and it's citizens, should be championing his effort...

Just sayin....

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
CNN's Wolf Blister is concerned about Mattis's departure, but White House policy advisor Steven Miller put Wolf back in his cage tonight.

LOL! - theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I hear what you're saying, but since my late father was a retired Lt. Colonel in the USAF, I totally support a President's top-level advisers having either a former military background, or strong ties to the service. IMO, James Mattis was a well respected, admired man, who always had America's best interests in mind.
edit on 12/20/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

We need more Lt COL's and less Generals....

to represent the country...

just sayin

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN's Wolf Blister is concerned about Mattis's departure, but White House policy advisor Steven Miller put Wolf back in his cage tonight.

LOL! - theconservativetreehouse.com...

Two things to point out here. Fist off your link says that CNN is state run. If that’s so then why all the flak against Trump? Second is Miller deflected each time which tells me that Trump wants and shall only have those that will kiss his golden shoes.....Nothing about this strikes you as odd considering you are posting on a conspiracy site?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

NIce try, POTUS has already compromised from his original request for 25Billion... to 5Billion....

Yep, MSM will never mention this, during this FAUX rage over potential risk to 25% of the FED GOVT...

Cry me a river of UNIPARTY Tears...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
No worries concerning Mattis...

Slow weaning away from the decades long GENERALS of the armed forces, sliding into lucrative positions continuing the BS perpetuation of using our Armed Forces, for monetary gain...

EISENHOWER warned us in his farewell address...

Finally, we have a President who is willing to shake up the establishment...

The Nation and it's citizens, should be championing his effort...

Just sayin....

Quoted for excellence.

Have to add though... if you work for Trump you are automatically added to the list of people that Progressives need to destroy.

So our friendly PR arm of the DNC (the media) will do everything they can do to destroy you and your family. They will spend months deep-diving into everything you ever said, every tax receipt, everything your child said... everything, in an attempt to destroy you.

If they find anything, Herr Mueller is there to indict you, prosecute you, destroy you.

As an added bonus, ANTIFA and Co are alerted as to where you live, where you pump gas, where your children go to school so everyone you love is a target of the loving and benevolent left.

Then they will confront you in a restaurant, a movie theater, anywhere they can to do everything they can to get you to react. If that fails, just running you out of the establishment makes them heroes to the left.

Then, when you eventually decide to leave the administration because you can no longer handle the harassment, the left will gleefully point out that another person left the administration so it must be Trump's fault.

I have to admit, the Progressive Democrats have it down pat now.

Of course, this is ACTUAL fascism but that's OK...

By Any Means Necessary, right?

edit on 20-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I seriously doubt any true patriot military person could give a draft dodging coward much respect.

Kelly and Mattis knew trumps history.

Just sayin...

www.independent.co.uk... 71536.html
edit on 20-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If Mattis is so great, why isn’t he prez?

(I actually liked him.)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I seriously doubt any true patriot military person could give a draft dodging coward much respect.

Kelly and Mattis knew trumps history.

Just sayin...

I always have to ask about that, since pretty much all of my family is military but my brother couldn't pass the physical because of a bad knee...

How was that draft dodging, exactly?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

As would this combat vet who currently supports him.

link   
1) what has CNN ever said that Trump did correct? If you are having issues naming something, why do you still quote them

2 or b) have you ever read anything about kennedy and his generals? Kennedy wanted peace and they wanted nuclear war. good thing the rich guy didn't listen to the generals

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Why even acknowledge a post intended to distract from the Topic?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Right now, the Communist Libreals have painted a target on all of President Trumps people. The CommLibs have billions of dollars to find, contort, and entrap, all of the Presidents people (as well as ANY Republican)! They can afford to buy enough people to search through a hay stack and find a needle, as well as placing a few in there that weren't there before. I can't blame Mattis for making a tactical retreat.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

He was too far to the left. We need someone in the Pentagon who is not afraid to use force.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Most billionaires are conservatives. Do you have any proof to backup what you are saying about liberal billionaires? Do they even exist?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Trump is a business man. He will use who he needs when he needs to. Mattis is what he needed at that time. Now, I would look to find someone who is more inclined to the future of combat with the Far East. Someone with a Naval background maybe. Just a thought but I see no big deal in Mattis resigning.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

If Mattis is so great, why isn’t he prez?

I would guess because he did not apply for the job, nor wanted it.

<<   2  3 >>

join