It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When does Rock Music rival Classical Music? - Here is an exmple - I think it rivals Classical, it is classical - What do you think?

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man page:

edit on 20-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
When does Rock Music rival Classical Music? - Here is an exmple - I think it rivals Classical, it is classical - What do you think?

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man page:

Thanks went through my ELP phase about the same time got into Yes and Alan Parsons Project etc.. Never heard this version... but still a favorite tune. Pink Floyd is/was the masters of this melding of rock and classical and making it literally rock. Queen definitely had that feel in a lot of songs, The Moody Blues bunch of bands tap into that genre over the years, with varying success. While its not rock perse, Really enjoy Pretty Lights when the mood strikes me and Dionysus Break seems to have that feel to it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I like the LP Brain Salad Surgery; as far as the classical interface, Toccata is the shiz. :-)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighRising
I like the LP Brain Salad Surgery; as far as the classical interface, Toccata is the shiz. :-)

Definitely damn forgot all about this album, coc aine and whiskey days and nights... played this a lot with King Crimson, back when you would listen to the whole album as it was intended.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

please credit aaron copeland - for the origional composition - thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Thanks...a great band. I wrote a thread a few weeks ago with some great vids.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

A great piece

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Prog rock in some respects was the classical music of its day. These were highly skilled musicians playing at the top of their game. They certainly did Copland's masterpiece justice. I was only a wee kid at the time but I believe this is the Works II full album version? Whilst a single was released for the Montreal Olympics?

Sadly there's only Carl Palmer left from this superb trio now.

top topics

join