It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Donald Trump pull troops out of Syria and Afghanistan so he wouldn't have to visit a war zone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago, Donald Trump was taking heat for never having visited troops in a war zone.

Less than a month later, he's pulling troops out of Syria and drastically reducing troop deployment in Afghanistan.

I wonder if he's doing this just so that he can avoid having to visit troops in a combat zone. It would be a remarkable thing for any Commander in Chief to do, but given Trump's apparently avid fear of all things military and his famous record of being a five time draft dodger, coupled with his documented fear of being assassinated or poisoned, it would make sense.

Thoughts?

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

He is disengaging US from pointless conflicts.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Truth about Syrian war from an actual reporter who was actually there:

(Go to 13:22 for the main synopsis)
edit on 20-12-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
link   

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a new thing to hate Trump for aren't you?

Bring the troops home Mr. President, thank you and Merry Christmas.

link   
This makes no sense and is rather silly,

I wonder if he's doing this just so that he can avoid having to visit troops in a combat zone. It would be a remarkable thing for any Commander in Chief to do, but given Trump's apparently avid fear of all things military and his famous record of being a five time draft dodger, coupled with his documented fear of being assassinated or poisoned, it would make sense.

This makes perfect sense,

He is disengaging US from pointless conflicts.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Yes. They were thoughts.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No should ever have to visit a war zone. Covfefe

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Dude...

I take this as a good sign that this will end very soon.

Screw evidence and facts. "Let's pull crap from our butts. Yeah that will work. Something will stick. It's got to." While you pat yourself on the back because no one else will.

We the people are winning against you the individual.

I got one. Trump's hair isn't real because his is better than mine.. yeah. It's got to be a tupee. It's just gotta be.... oh oh. Another one. Trump wants to re do nafta because he wants the American people to work so then he don't have too. Yeah. If people are working. He won't have to. Yeah. Slimy orange man. He bad. Yeah he bad.

I assume that's how those conversations go but I don't know. I don't understand libleft banter.

If we acted this way with Obama I wonder what it would have looked liked? I see us in chains.
edit on 20-12-2018 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

(post by ViXxeN removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
""Did Donald Trump pull troops out of Syria and Afghanistan so he wouldn't have to visit a war zone?""

No.

It's a ridiculous theory.

And dumb 🐴

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Unless it's in here....

H.R.2884 - COVFEFE Act of 2017

⚔💨

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

pointless?? Not for all the war-mongering psychopaths who profit big time off these erroneous wars. It is meaningful to them.

WTF?

So, are you rebuffing pteridine‘s post, which seems to be inline with yours (philosophically anyways) or are you siding with those that promote global conflict?

I think regardless of the answer, your post was sloppy...

edit on 20-12-2018 by BestinShow because: Add a “p”

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: cooperton

ointless?? Not for all the war-mongering psychopaths who profit big time off these erroneous wars. It is meaningful to them.

WTF?

So, are you rebuffing pteridine‘s post, which seems to be inline with yours (philosophically anyways) or are you siding with those that promote global conflict?

I think regardless of the answer, your post was sloppy...

I was being sarcastic. Watch your trigger though, the opposition feeds on people losing their cool.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I'm sure he's been spooked by fantastical tales of Bosnian sniper fire!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Truth about Syrian war from an actual reporter who was actually there:

(Go to 13:22 for the main synopsis)

this deserves its own thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Really?

Of course that's why. What other possible reason could there be?? [/sarc]

(post by imrighturwrong removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Having AL QAEDA do all the killing over there for US is how Hillary & Obama avoided it, wasnt it?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don’t think that is the main reason, however I think it could be on his mental checklist on reasons not to be there.
Maybe even subconsciously, it influenced his decision.

High on his list I think, was his need to make Turkey and Russia happy. He seems to be a fan of hardball leaders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join